• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games do you play to just relax?

Shmuppers

Dark Souls 2. Gives me the opportunity to exhale, put on a podcast and help people with bosses for a couple hours.

Pakoe

GTA IV with some random mods, will always be fun.
Plus i prefer the way the cars get damaged/drive in 4, didn't like how they changed it in 5.

Superman: Shadow of Apokolips

Should have picked it considering the avatar and all.... Have to say it was a really fun game, it actually dropped in price not long after it came out over here. In Australia if a game drops from RRP $89.95 to under under $50 it's usually the sign of a really bad game... I picked it up for $24.

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I wound up loving it and thought the money that I spent on it, the game was brilliant considering the price.

SJRB

Gold Member
GTAV, casually driving around and enjoying the scenery. There's something surreal about going to my house, get Chop, drive to the beach and watch the sunset.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Fighting games. After a stressful day it sometimes feels good to let loose and beat up fictional video game characters.

Great-God

Banned
I have done counless RE4 Pro mode runs, and it's a catharsis to me. Each ladder-knife stroke brings me closer to Nirvana.
I also do MGS 3 FoxHound runs, but that's more of a test to my abilities. (Still got my mojo)

m00h

Banned
Streets%20of%20Rage-1.gif

Brings me down, since my childhood.

inm8num2

Honestly, I just play chess. It's familiar, it's leisurely paced.

Oddly enough I used to relax by playing Quake Live. Short bursts of entertainment that satiate whatever I'm feeling.

Grand Theft Auto Series
Elder Scrolls Series
Soul Calibur 5
Deadly Premonition
Dc Universe Online
Shadow Of Mordor
Tekken Series

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
BlazBlue
Guilty Gear
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Smash Bros
Smite
Ninja Gaiden
Darksiders 1/2

Video games in general

still to this day i pop in my copy of endless ocean 2 and go for a dive :) That being said where is my HD endless ocean nintendo >.<

TheAssist

Driver San Francisco with my own music in the backround.

Its one of those games where driving is just fun. You dont need as much conentration as for example in Burnout Paradise and its also more forgiving compared to a simulator.
Also the driving mechanics are really satisfying once you the hang of it.

Wish they'd make a sequel one day (a good one again plzzzz)

Forza 4 was the single reason I kept playing my 360 for as long as I did after switching over to PS3. Very relaxing. My biggest regret for buying a PS4 over the One.

Destiny does it for me. Fills the void between releases, and let's me listen to podcasts or music without doing too much thinking. I have repeated each stage so much that I don't need to pay too much attention to what I'm doing in the game.

Top Bottom