• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games do you play to just relax?

Loxley

World of Warcraft - at least for the moment. Once WOD hits in a few weeks it's going to be bananas, as is usually the case when a new xpac hits. But for now, while everyone has almost nothing to do until the new content comes around, I'm having fun soloing old raids to get gear for transmogrification. Also doing the daily Headless Horseman dungeon that's part of the Halloween event going on right now.

It became a ritual years ago that I listen to podcasts while playing WoW, helps make the more monotonous aspects of the gameplay a tad more bearable.

KalBalboa

Banned
Should have picked it considering the avatar and all.... Have to say it was a really fun game, it actually dropped in price not long after it came out over here. In Australia if a game drops from RRP $89.95 to under under $50 it's usually the sign of a really bad game... I picked it up for $24.

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I wound up loving it and thought the money that I spent on it, the game was brilliant considering the price.

I would put on some relaxing music and just fly around the city aimlessly. Same with the Returns game a few years later, but Shadow of Apokolips had the Animated Series look and was generally less immediate and demanding.

The pastel colors, waving cape, and cityscape. Pretty calming and fun to just coast between buildings.

brennok

Neo Member
I only play games to relax so anything I play really.

It is why I usually play on easy and never care about the story. I just want something to play and unwind.

Nzyme32

Civilisation V is the absolute pinnacle of the "I need a game to relax with". Everything is laid back and at whatever pace you want and the soundtrack is great. Of course you can also just put some other music on or a TV show or film or do whatever and hop in and out.

The only downside is that it isn't the best on a couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse as they aren't the best for that, but there is touch and tablet play (which I don't have). However, when that Steam Controller comes out, its pretty much gonna be my go to game for every location at home. Love civ v!

Ikon

Diablo 3 PS4 has been great for this. I just turn the difficulty down to T4 and cruise through rifts in co-op with my wife. Don't really hope for any loot or paragon levels - it's just really relaxing to see enemies melt away.

I don't have one at the moment, but I imagine it will be GTA V, when it releases. And No Man's Sky after that. I can see myself putting hundreds of hours into that game, just exploring space.

Mexen

Any game I've beaten. I just do random stuff without a strategy or a care in the world. Doesn't always work but I end up discovering secrets etc.

Nothing more relaxing than Animal Crossing for me.

tumblr_mnvfsvcuGt1qzp9weo1_500.gif

jsnepo

Grand Theft Auto Online (free mode)
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Jack Daw)

Pretty much games that have great sceneries that allow me to explore freely. That post about Wind Waker is spot on!

Tarahiro

Tropico 4. It's my go-to game if I need to relax or if I'm not feeling very well because it's easy, there's no fast button presses, no loud noises or flashing lights etc....

Euron

This is my main draw to the Assassin's Creed games, they're just perfect to run around and relax in a pretty historical setting, ticking things off in a giant checklist. The perfect chill out games for me.
Black Flag especially. I just feel so relaxed sailing with my crew, plundering ships, destroying fortresses, and stopping to explore random islands.

Tower defence mods in Warcraft III back in their golden age before the genre exploded into Flash and mobile amusements. These days, Hearthstone and Animal Crossing.

Ric Flair

Banned
MC341iV.jpg

Civilization, the biggest downside to the latest civ game is there isn't a major asshole leader like Montezuma that always fucks with you early-game until you eradicate him. Him and that clever motherfucker harun al-rashid, man.

Top Bottom