• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the *best* video game character design in your opinion?

Boogybro

The four at the back.
jmascwD.jpg

rJO4Qdx.gif

Darkstalkers in general has some amazing character designs, but of those all, my favorite of the bunch, and easily my favorite character design ever *insert avatar quote here* is BB Hood/Bulleta/whatever.
Something about little red riding hood packing heat and a combat knife is already incredibly charming, but it's really the animations and expressions that make the whole thing. Capcom's artists back then were damn near unmatched.

Unreasonably bulky stature, bald, face without any distinguishable characteristics and lots of useless armor/kevlar ammo pouches and shit. Or very thin androgynous looking angsty characters wearing long dusters/robes with spikey hair and lots of useless belts and buckles.
I loved last gen charcters

Harlequin

I seriously can't settle on one.

Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Nariko_Heavenly_Sword_02.jpg

Hiram Burrows/Lord Regent (Dishonored)
oyN32WI.jpg

Ruby Malone (WET)
game_girl_53.jpg

Lil and Laarg (Escape Plan)
Escape-Plan.jpg

There's more but I'll leave it at that...for now.

I've always liked Donovan from Darkstalkers

Good choice.

I really love the cast of Darkstalkers. Every single character looks great and the designs are timeless. I don't think there's any characters I dislike in the series, and that's not something I can say about any other fighter. I'd probably go with Hsien-Ko or Jon Talbain if I were to pick one from the series but it's really hard to go wrong with any of them.

I think Viewtiful Joe has a great design too. Easy to pick up on his personality from his appearance and it's just a great throwback to tokusatsu shows along with older anime.

Raidou Kuzunoha from the PS2 Devil Summoner games is great looking as well.

Samus for sure. I really love her suit's appearance in Other M actually. Really happy with the suit in Brawl.

screen-2.jpg

I can't believe I didn't think about Link though, but I'll chalk that up to there being many different versions of him. Zelda too actually always looks great. Easily my favourite design in Link Between Worlds.

1381521069-zelda-from-hyrule-1024x1024.jpg

And then there's the greatness that is her appearance as Sheik.

SheikArtworkpngjy.png

gQEU9cy.png

Monster Hunter always had cool armor. The most iconic set in the series also happens to be one of the best designed ones too.

Special mention goes to:

RjtpaF1.png

I never liked Pinsir by itself as a kid but it's Mega form really upped its coolness factor. The sleek wings and the more sharper aesthetic improved on what was a not really a memorable pokemon. It helps that it's a beast ingame as well.

Wind waker link idk but that's what always comes to mind when someone mentions Zelda

Master Chief and Solid Snake if you're lookin fpr badass these two are the ones that take the cake

Knight Artorias is a great design because of the tragic feeling his character evokes. Such a great design.

But for best I've got to give it to Samus Aran.

Zell Dincht - FFVIII.

I wanted to be him when I was growing up. I love the tattoo on his face!

Code:
[IMG]http://michi.crackerboxpalace.com/zell/reference.gif[/IMG]

He just looks like a typical Anime character to me. What makes him stand out so much to you?

His uniform, mannerisms, story arc, and portrayal in the other parts of the franchise, such as in Persona 4: Arena and in Persona 4: The Animation. Even though the character is meant to be an "empty shell" for you to use, he has his own personality.

Also, my opinion

I actually like Persona 2's the most.

N92q7yU.jpg

Doesn't say a word (in the first game at least) but comes across as a total bad ass.

Forgot about this guy! :/
I love his hair. lol

noah111

Still Alive
PlayStation%2525C2%2525AEHome%252BPicture%252B7-27-2010%252B4-14-02.JPG

Serious: Yoshimitsu from Tekken, Sora from KH, Helghast from KZ, Jak & Daxter / Ratchet & Clank, Sackboy, Metroid, Altair from AC.

Vooduu

1666544-master_chief.jpg

tumblr_m8ss7valoi1rde42qxy.gif

I fucking loved Dead Space 2 and how Issac grew in it. Fuck everything that went wrong with the series afterwards.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Was always fond of Anri:

SF1_anri_face.gif

anri.jpg

Classy and elegant, without being cutesy. And her promoted form was badass:
anri_wizd_attack.gif

Balbaroy and Zylo too. Birdmen and wolfmen warriors FTW:
520012-balbaroy_face.gif
sf_book2_balbaroy.jpg

zylo.jpg
zylo_wrwf_attack.gif

Jisgsaw

Demi-fiend from Nocturne:
tumblr_lfvkdjbcmU1qbzf0vo1_500.jpg

I stil lfind it amazing that this character creates such an impression in a game where the plot is really put in background

Top Bottom