• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is/was the sexiest looking console?

Degen

PSP's prototype model

Ze0lP.jpg

never let the legend die. too slick to even be practical.

5qcPb.jpg

where's the screen? where is it!? I don't know but that is just hot

drspeedy

Someone post pics of a Gamecube sans plastic cover... so-so with clothes on, but the internals were resplendent.

Foffy

Banned
Degen said:
PSP's prototype model

Ze0lP.jpg

5qcPb.jpg

Why's the analog a button?

onken

OuterWorldVoice said:
Panasonic Q.

http://i.imgur.com/Ls1sz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This atrocity always comes up in these threads and I assume it's always being posted ironically. It looks like one of those cheap Chinese CD players you can buy at the supermarket for 30 bucks. What a piece of shit.

EYEL1NER

My votes would go towards the Wii (black or white) and 360 S. I have the matte 360 and think it is pretty sexy. I would think the glossy slim would look sexy, if not for my experiences with my 60 GB PS3 and the dust and fingerprints it attracts.

-KRS-

drspeedy said:
Someone post pics of a Gamecube sans plastic cover... so-so with clothes on, but the internals were resplendent.

This'll have to do.
ngcpcbtopzn4.jpg

And here's the N64 PCB. Also really cute.
4403163107_269e5e5c0b.jpg

Always thought the PS2 was awful looking. I always really liked the design of wii though, never owned any of them but they look pretty nice, especially the black one.

Edit : and Vita too, damn that looks sexy, if only that interface didn't completely ruin any pictures of it.

Taking in consideration only consoles released throughout latest 10 years, Nintendo Gamecube and Sega Dreamcast were two pieces of great design.

As for oldest stuff, it's hard to judge old consoles' design by modern day standards, back in the day I reckon old Atari VCS or NeoGeo were OK, even though now they seem archaelogical finds.

DangerStepp

Degen said:
PSP's prototype model

Ze0lP.jpg

5qcPb.jpg

Wow, I had never seen those before! Are these pics they released whenever it was announced?

Majine

Banned
Will Sony ever be able to make a PS3 as thin as the PS2 slim?, I wonder. The big three needs to do more miniaturization.

sikkinixx

I really like the Matte 360 Slim actually, more when it is sitting horizontally though.

360slim.png

But I really love the PS2 Slim. It's awesome.

Console: Playstation redesigns.
PSOne, PS2Slim, and PS3Slim are all really sexy pieces of machinery.
Runnerup: White Saturn / Grey JVC/V-Saturn.

Handheld: PSVita
Barely edges PSPGo design-wise IMO.

woodypop

ElFly said:
PS2, really? that thing looked weird.

Now here is a beautiful console.

model1.jpg

e: the european screws up the 16 bits logo by making it too big. Besides, Megadrive was a silly name when compared to Genesis. It's from the bible, baby. Cannot get more classy than that.
Seconded. But jeeze, at least post a pic of a clean console. =p

ScOULaris

Man, I didn't realize that the original PS2's design got so much hate. I love it, although I do think that the slim incarnation is more traditionally sleek.

Strangely enough, I find the PS3 slim to be incredibly ugly. Looks like a cheap knock-off of the original PS3.

woodypop

Houston3000 said:
Master System 3 released in Brazil I think is pretty sexy

5QO1a.jpg
What the deuce?! Why do those controllers have 6 buttons when Master System games only needed 2? (unless the Master System 3 is actually a Genesis/Mega Drive?)

feel

I remember laughing at the first photos, but after getting it I really like how the 360 slim looks. By far my favorite, so sexy.

edit- I was also surprised by the ps3 slim in person, really like the look, a huge step from the horrible phat ps3.

Top Bottom