• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your dream licensed game?

TEJ

Yeah, it can be based on anything that wasn't originally a videogame.

Mine would open up with the dawn of a bright sunny day in Metropolis with this song playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJENrNU7wC8

All of a sudden, Superman is fighting Metallo. Or Doomsday. Or Darkseid. Or Granny Goodness. etc

There is a tutorial....completely optional, in the options menu. After the fight you can do whatever you want, side stuff, story missions, exploring the ground as clark, etc.

I won't bother making a checklist of what I want {that would take hours!} but I will say that I want it in the same visual style as superman tas with tim daly back voicing clark and superman.

Menome

I want a game based on The Three Musketeers, with a Dark Souls-style of sword-fighting and a Dragon Age esque travel-across-Europe adventure with consequences.

I'd pay double if it could have co-op too.

McNum

And here I was going to say Superman, but I got beaten already.

I'll second Superman, though. If there's one game I'd like to see, it's an open world Superman game done RIGHT. "Be Superman" then add content.

He's just such a difficult character to write a game for. Everyone knows the basic Superman powers deal. Flight, Super Strength, Heat Vision, X-Ray Vision, Frost Breath, and the big one: Invulnerability. That's not an easy package to put together a video game challenge for, he has a power for every occasion in that.

Still, a game where you'd get to catch falling planes, weld railroad tracks with your eyes, save a kitten from a tree, and fight all kinds of big and crazy enemies, too, would be pretty good. Just keep the core game as "Be Superman". Because, really, being Superman is pretty awesome. Just get that bit right and the rest of the game will probably work.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm still after a Jackie Chan Armour of God game
Uncharted with freerunning and martial arts.
^
Me too, the technology is here now for a good one.

Sojgat

tumblr_mlc6pp1ixz1rgi8pko5_1280.jpg

Open world TPS.

Steven King's The Dark Tower series. Such an interesting universe.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Something like what Elite: Dangerous is shaping up to be, but in the Star Wars universe. Be a humble trader, become a bounty hunter, maybe choose to serve the Empire or Rebellion, be a smuggler, etc etc.

And absolutely leave out the Jedi.

Apdiddy

Preacher and Sandman games. Give them to Telltale. They did Fables, they may as well do more Vertigo Comics properties.

Also, a real current gen Golgo 13 game and make it similar to the good Hitman games.

Mine would be an open-world Avengers game, focussing on the battle of New York.

The mayor battles would feature entire maps such as the helicarrier, New York and such and you could switch between the different Avengers and fight off the enemies in different areas. For instance Hulk would be downtown fighting off some Chitauri and then you switch to Iron Man in a different part of a city, where he can fight off the enemies there or go help out the others. MP would be ideal, but I'll take what I can get :p

This clip should show off what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4rFM4TDr4

Full on Game Of Thrones RPG, maybe developed by Bethesda or CD Projekt Red.

A full open world Westeros, quest lines for the different houses etc, maybe set before the TV show during the reign of the mad king.

Would be all kinds of awesome...

I didn't know I wanted it until he brought up the idea, but in one interview Chris Nolan said something like "Inception would make a good game, we should probably do that" and then nothing was heard about it ever again.

it also weirds me out that there isn't an endless runner based on the running man

collige

Banned
I've always thought that a Rockstar-developed adaptation of Transmetropolitan would be amazing. I would love to be able to actually explore the City, though they'd probably have to censor pretty hard to avoid an AO rating.

Lone Wolf & Cub would also lend itself to being an awesome open world RDR/Skyrim like game, especially considering that a lot of the chapters in the manga are basically self-contained assassination quests.

bryehn

Masters of the Universe (OG version). Either a straight up action/adventure with multiple playable characters (bonus if there was also a bad guy campaign) or turn-based RPG.

WarpathDC

A good Godzilla game. Perhaps involving gameplay from both civilian and monster. Think evolve but 63 v 1 pvp online. Scripted, cinematic single player a la COD MW meets Cloverfield.

A good Avengers game that doesn't involve Legos. Next gen/PC exclusive. Open world but an extremely vibrant, dynamic and fully destructible environment. Think of the Hulk throwing a tank through a building and watching it tower over and demolish half a city block.

The Exorcist. Gone home meets daylight(in concept not execution)

2WQKhvp.jpg

Kamen Rider Spirits.

Open world game, split into 7 different regions for each Kamen Rider.
GTA5 multi-protagonist design, playing through each character's origin story, unlocked character by character as you go more through the story.
Batman/Sleeping Dogs style melee combat.
Level design that's focused on a centralised hub city for each region, with a sprawling countryside, similar to the series.
Game design that balances the human-side and cyborg-side. Focused on keeping a grounded open-world that demands you to keep your identity hidden or only transform into a Kamen Rider when needed to.

Zombine

Banned
Open-world Justice Leage game by Rocksteady. If anyone can pull it off it's them. I believe that Warner Bros believes the same thing.

This one is unfortunately a lot less likely to happen at this point, but I wish that Disney would contract a publisher to reboot Marvel Ultimate Alliance. We have gone way too long without a sequel.

boyshine

There was some crap on PS2, but not having a AAA action/rpg in this world is the biggest shame in video game history. The cast of available characters is insane, the stories that could be told, the battles that could be fought.. Even a Soulcalibur'ish game with the complete roster from the original series would rock.

He-Man_002_jpg=600.jpg

Drac84

RPG based on Bridge of Birds
Firefly game (basically ME but with a Firefly skin)
Adventure game based on Blacksad

cj_iwakura

A Mage: The Awakening game in the vein of V:TM Bloodlines. Big city, different factions and quests, a huge variety of paths and orders to follow.

Top Bottom