• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your dream licensed game?

Epcott

A large scale MMO based on Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere.

10 Shardworlds with 80+ hours of adventures a piece.

/faint

Melchiah

Hellblazer
Keeping the dark and twisted humor intact, and making it a contained open world game like Arkham City and Infamous: SS. More exploring, puzzles and creative ways to approach encounters, as Constantine doesn't use guns, and is more of a trickster than a pugilist or a magician. And Heavy Rain style options for different paths, with the fate of characters and close friends judged based on the choices made during the journey, and some sacrifices made unavoidable. A pinch of Silent Hill 2's descent into madness thrown in for a good measure.

A James Bond game that follows a similar template from Alpha Protocol, though I would probably take out the skill system or implement an adaptive perk set like CoD/Wolfenstein TNO. Where 007 persuades his way to answers, gets information that takes him to the next locale, and then have him infiltrate areas quietly while balancing it with a smooth gun and melee combat.

Kill la Kill. A 2D Arena Fighting Game for up to 4 players.
5142ab9ed5dd56153b731de52021ac5b1379547918_full.jpg
The developers would be either Arc System Works because of their badass cel-shading capabilities, French Bread for their smooth animation and fighting mechanics or Lab Zero Games for their detailed, cartoony HD sprites. Any 2D animation, of course, would be done by Trigger.

The story mode would follow the anime but be structured like Mortal Kombat 9 with the perspective going to different characters. Every character that fought in the show is playable in the game.

Gameplay would all be based around using Kamui and Life Fibers. Pulling off moves would be as easy as hitting a direction and an action button a la Smash Bros, but with a greater focus on combos. Other influences would be MvC 2 & 3, Melty Blood, Smash Bros. Melee and The Outfoxies.

K.O.'s, as per KLK tradition, shreds their clothes off.

In addition to Story Mode, what kind of extensive single player mode would be best?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
A Gurren Lagann game by the guys who made Gundam Extreme Versus.

dreamfall

I'd love to see a 100 Bullets game actually get made. Back in the PS2 generation, there was some hope and then it got cancelled.

There was some crap on PS2, but not having a AAA action/rpg in this world is the biggest shame in video game history. The cast of available characters is insane, the stories that could be told, the battles that could be fought.. Even a Soulcalibur'ish game with the complete roster from the original series would rock.

He-Man_002_jpg=600.jpg

Yes yes yes yes yes. So happy that other people have already mentioned MOTU.

It's a perfect property for a video game, as you say the cast is insane, they all have varying weird powers that would lend themselves well to an action, RPG or fighting game.

Hopefully when the new movie finally comes out it will have a tie in game although it's likely they could both be awful.

A cowboy bebop game. I don't even want to be a member of bebop but just being a cowboy collecting bounties in that universe and occasionally fighting the red dragon syndicate would be awesome. Also spaceship battles, lots of spaceship battles.

farmerboy

Hellblazer
Keeping the dark and twisted humor intact, and making it a contained open world game like Arkham City and Infamous: SS. More exploring, puzzles and creative ways to approach encounters, as Constantine doesn't use guns, and is more of a trickster than a pugilist or a magician. And Heavy Rain style options for different paths, with the fate of characters and close friends judged based on the choices made during the journey, and some sacrifices made unavoidable. A pinch of Silent Hill 2's descent into madness thrown in for a good measure.

Yes, came into this thread to say this and STAR BLAZERS. Would kill for Star Blazers.

Imagine, a journey to prevent the extinction of life on earth, wondering the galaxy, engaging the enemy from the bridge of the Yamato or seamlessly moving into the surrounding dogfight in your fighter.

WAVE MOTION GUN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Melchiah

Yes, came into this thread to say this and STAR BLAZERS. Would kill for Star Blazers.

Imagine, a journey to prevent the extinction of life on earth, wondering the galaxy, engaging the enemy from the bridge of the Yamato or seamlessly moving into the surrounding dogfight in your fighter.

WAVE MOTION GUN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

I have to admit I had never heard about that before. I wonder if it's worth a watch, as I haven't watched anime since Galaxy Express 999, Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Wicked City. The idea sounds similar to the short-lived Babylon 5 spin-off series Crusade.

farmerboy

I have to admit I had never heard about that before. I wonder if it's worth a watch, as I haven't watched anime since Galaxy Express 999, Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Wicked City. The idea sounds similar to the short-lived Babylon 5 spin-off series Crusade.

Definitely worth a watch. I watched the original series when I was really young, this is circa early eighties, I'm 38 now.

The series has been updated and saw release again last year with updated visuals including some cgi mixed with traditional animation. The update is called Star Blazers 2199 and an english dub is coming in June I think. Check it out!

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
PG* developed Attack on Titan game with proper netcode and 16 player lobbies for randomly spawning titans in large scale maps.

Also an Obsidian developed RPG based around ASOI&F set a period before the books like KOTOR.

Melchiah

Definitely worth a watch. I watched the original series when I was really young, this is circa early eighties, I'm 38 now.

The series has been updated and saw release again last year with updated visuals including some cgi mixed with traditional animation. The update is called Star Blazers 2199 and an english dub is coming in June I think. Check it out!

I'm 39, and haven't watched anime since the 90's. :) That's why I'm a bit hesitant about returning to it. I'll have to see, if it can be easily obtained via library, Netflix, or something like that.

Sign me up for the Attack on Titan AAA game - do want. Here are mine:

Ninja Scroll - action RPG based on the AC engine with Japanese castles, bamboo forests, jumping through trees, demons with mystic powers. Would have to be M rated with lots of violence.

Macross - the SDF1 is a huge open world city that travels through space. Lots of gameplay inside the ship (dating sim stuff, rebuild Macross city, explore the uncharted parts of the ship) plus missions in space and on planets. Cell shaded to look just like an 80's cartoon.

Ready Player One - Mass Effect style story-driven RPG that's a prequel or sequel to the book. Gameplay mostly takes place inside the simulation but also some gameplay in the real world. Would need some sort of big mystery to unravel - would be awesome to incorporate some ARG elements.

Zomba13

I would say Power Rangers (Mighty Morphin' but they can add others if they want) action game where instead of switching weapons on the fly you switch characters (so indsead of pulling out a sword for a combo then into an axe combo red would jump in then jump out and black would jump in to finish off) but they've already pretty much done that with W101.

Attack on Titan open world action game would be cool but reading ahead in the manga after the point where it ends for the anime is kinda boring. There are a few cool bits and the rest talking about conspiracy and planning and other boring things that aren't giant humanoid monsters attacking towns and eating guys.

Kill La Kill would be awesome as a character action game/fighter. By Platinum of course.

A Full Metal Alchemist game could be good if done right. Make it like Transistor where you assign a bunch of functions (different alchemy) and can plan out attacks or Soul Sacrifice (limited use alchemy). Have it be an action game either following the manga/brotherhood or a one off like the movies are.

Give Adventure Time to Nintendo and let them just character swap Finn and the other guys from Ooo into their next Zelda game. It'll save the Wii U (or should I say Wii Ooo?) and solve world hunger and unite the world in harmony.

Jobbs

Banned
Growing up, my dream licensed game was Transformers on NES or SNES, and it never happened as far as I knew (there was a terrible transformers game in Japan on NES, I think).

War for Cybertron, when it came out, was sorta like childhood wish fulfillment, an actual legitimate transformers game -- but it still wasn't perfect because I wanted a transformers game with the actual cars and planes and shit from the actual cartoon, you know, on fucking earth. Ugh, so close.

Still waiting on that game...

The Trinity movies are great! I first saw them when I was like 5. Till this day I wanna twirl a revolver and slap somebody in the face before they realize what's happening. haha

wetYkbC.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRl-LiF1VsU
ahahah

didn't know those two were famous outside of Italy XD

Not alone, but definitely german.

It's the best way to determine if somebody fakes to be from Italy or Germany.

Anyway, a cheesy 80ies brawler would be awesome. With some good punches. Nowadays it's all flashy and shiny. With awesome particle effects or just dark and depressing with long swords.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I would also love a Jojo's Bizarre Adventures RPG

untitled17.png

look at that cast, and with incredible villains like Dio, Kira, Diavolo, Father Pucci..yummmmm

An over the top action game akin to Bayonetta based on Kill La Kill. Damn that'd be good.

Too easy. Get on my level.

Kill la Kill. A 2D Arena Fighting Game for up to 4 players.

The developers would be either Arc System Works because of their badass cel-shading capabilities, French Bread for their smooth animation and fighting mechanics or Lab Zero Games for their detailed, cartoony HD sprites. Any 2D animation, of course, would be done by Trigger.

The story mode would follow the anime but be structured like Mortal Kombat 9 with the perspective going to different characters. Every character that fought in the show is playable in the game.

Gameplay would all be based around using Kamui and Life Fibers. Pulling off moves would be as easy as hitting a direction and an action button a la Smash Bros, but with a greater focus on combos. Other influences would be MvC 2 & 3, Melty Blood, Smash Bros. Melee and The Outfoxies.

K.O.'s, as per KLK tradition, shreds their clothes off.

In addition to Story Mode, what kind of extensive single player mode would be best?

A Gravity Falls adventure game by Telltale or DoubleFine, featuring animation from Disney themselves. Gameplay would feature a multi-character system a la Maniac Mansion(Dipper, Mabel, Grunkle Stan) with each character having their own abilities to solve puzzles.

Sabagebu! as a faux-retro(Think Painkiller, Wolfenstein New Order or Brutal Doom) FPS starring Momoka.
Gory violence(ALL PART OF THE GIRLS' IMAGINATION!),
cruel high school pranks,
platypus abuse
and more using a variety of airsoft, military and makeshift weapons.

Top Bottom