• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your dream licensed game?

Immortal Weapons by Platinum & written by Fraction, Brubaker, Aaron & Swierczynski.

Play as Danny Rand, Fat Cobra, Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, Bride of Nine Spiders, Dog Brother #1 & Prince of Orphans with Davos, Orson Randall, Lei-Kung The Thunderer, Shang Chi & various other Iron Fists as unlockable characters. Rip the hearts out of Dragons, defend the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven & triumph over Kung-Fu Treachery!

Canucked

Witchblade.

181548.jpg

Orayn

8ZuTO.png

+

8Zv3P.jpg

From Software x Classic D&D Modules, letting them re-work the story and setting as much as they need to and use whatever style of gameplay they feel is appropriate.

So the world (of Greyhawk) might be mended.

sqwarlock

It might have been mentioned already, but I want a Spider-man game that's more of a Peter Parker simulator. Imagine walking around the boroughs of NYC as a normal teen, when a crime breaks out near you. At that point you can either ignore it (which isn't very heroic, by the way) or duck into an alley, climb up to the roof, and bring justice from the rooftops as Spider-man. There's so much potential in playing both sides of Spider-man's personality. Hell, the division between Parker and Spider-man is key in the comics/movies, so why not in games?

Wynnebeck

Banned
A One Piece fighting game in the same vein as the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games. With how popular OP is in Japan, it would seem like a no brainer at this point.

I'm still waiting for a really good Adventure Time game. I recall Pendleton Ward saying his ideal game would be something like Skyrim with Katamari graphics.

Menome

TMNT from Rocksteady. Please stop making fucking Batman games!

Arkham Knight is due to be their last Batman game (although I'm sure WB will carry the franchise on with another developer) so as much as I'm really looking forward to it, I'm also psyched to see what new game we get from them in a couple of years.

Robbok

I want an open world Winnetou (Karl May) game. I don't know if Karl Mays books are popular outside of Europe. It's the Story of an Apache Chief and his best friend and brother in blood Old Shatterhand ( wich is Karl May himself, the books are written in first person. Although its a fantasy Story)
I loved the books and the Movies. This has so much potential for a game, I can't believe no one tried it before.
11240577.jpg

Warewolf

A Mass Effect style adventure game based on Cowboy Bebop Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe.

That Warhammer 40,000 MMO that got converted to single player then canned. I pray to the God-Emperor for it's resurrection.

I remember a time where I was scrounging for Lord of the Rings game. I played the terrible SNES Fellowship of the Ring. Now, there's dozens of them.

I want a Journey to the Centre of the Earth game.

Guardians of the Galaxy - BioWare (Or anything Cosmic Marvel)

X-Men - BioWare

DareDevil - Rocksteady

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - Developer of the first game, whose name slips my memory.

Doran902

I want a Harry Potter game that is pretty much Persona 4 Golden with Harry Potter characters / Hogwarts. Go through all the years in school, explore Hogwarts and the universe at night after class. Relationships and shit.

Game of my life.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Invasion Story

Instead of a mediocre spinoff, it's instead a direct sequel to the Rebellion movie.

Development Team
  • All of the Magica Quartet(staff who worked on the series) actively works on the game. As a canonical sequel they are taking this just as seriously as its predecessors.
  • The dev team consists of staff from Vanillaware(visual fidelity and combat), Igarashi Koji(general design and level design), Naramura Takumi(for level and puzzle design) and James Portnow(general industry veteran, Extra Credits writer) for Narrative Design and consulting.

Story - MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS FOR ENTIRE SERIES AHEAD! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
  • The game takes place in Homura's new reality/prison versoin of Mitakihara 5 years after the end of the movie. All of the girls except Homura(being a devil who keeps her age static) have grown into adults and are now in high school. The phantoms from the end of the anime have mysteriously invaded this reality, putting the world into a twisted state. Homura's godlike powers have weakened since the invasion, so she reluctantly gives the girls back their powers albiet in a weakened state to investigate how the phantoms are invading.
  • The phantoms from the end of the anime will get more detail as to how they work.
  • Much of the story will delve into each characters' past and present psyche and show what's happened since they've grown. They will also regain memories of the past series, including alternate timelines and react accordingly.
  • A major part of the story is Madoka and Homura's relationship and the clash between each others' ideals and motivations for their decisions shown at the end of the movie.
  • The game will maintain the dark tone of the series by putting the heroines in life-and-death situations that the player has a direct influence on. Failing to succeed in these events will permanently kill off these characters.
  • For new players, the game spreads around memories which help not only piece together the series' plot but also adds new insights to these points. This way, watching or reading any of the previous Madoka Magica works is not required.
  • Because the girls have grown up between Rebellion and the current game, they will all wear new Magical Girl outfits that fit their personalities and maturity. In other words, somewhat less frilly, more practical designs that still fit the original look.

Gameplay
  • Gameplay is a sprawling 2D Metrovania with a focus on combat, light puzzles and non-linear exploration of the town of Mitakihara.
  • You initially play as Mami and Kyouko, but later get to play as Madoka, Sayaka,
    Nagisa(from Rebellion)
    and eventually Homura, Oriko and Yuma(both from Oriko Magica). Each magical girl is separated at the beginning of the game and switch between them throughout the game. As soon as she is able to fight, you gain control of her. When two Puella Magi meet up, they will most often ally together and can be easily switched on the fly to tackle the same area.

Combat
  • Combat is designed to emulate the fight scenes from the anime series, with lots of airborne fights and use of ranged and melee weaponry. Each character plays completely differently using their standard magic weapons and unlocks new attacks by exchanging soul cubes with Kyubey. Some of these techniques are used to progress to new areas.

Level Design and Exploration
  • Level design helps complement the combat. Areas are high and far in scale and the characters have to run fast and jump high to explore and find new places. Many areas, especially hidden ones are based around reflexes and navigation while avoiding hazardous obstacles.
  • Because the game is still narrative driven, certain areas will be blocked off at certain times, making any upgrades or powerups permenantly inaccessible. There will be obvious indicators of whether an area is time sensitive.
  • Dying in the game is dealt with by warping back to the nearest save point. SPOILER WARNING: Most deaths at the hands of hazards won't directly kill the magical girls. Their souls are kept in soul gems and will restore their bodies. However, at certain points during the story, events will occur in which failing to complete a task, dodge an attack(using natural controls, no QTEs) or others will result in the girls' soul gem being destroyed and permanently killing them. Think of the infamous
    scene with Mami in episode 10 of the anime; then make that interactive by putting the player in Madoka's role during that scene.
  • The majority of progression through the game is not determined by having the right item or ability, but instead by clearing obstacles by using each girls' pre-ordained abilities. As one girl stuck in an area, you can clear a magical barrier with one of your attacks. This will allow for another girl to access that area.

Visuals and Audio
  • The game will be completely 2D without any polygon effects. All visuals are created by the shows' original artists and character designers to maintain authenticity.
  • Cutscenes will be animated by Shaft and transition from gameplay to the former flawlessly.
  • All actors reprise their roles from the show and movie.
  • And lastly, music will be provided by Kajiura Yuki and Kalafina.

Corsick

A Berserk game with Dragon's Dogma combat as I believe something more frenetic is suitable for it. The open world aspect of DD would intrigue me with Berserk.

Mollymauk

8ZuTO.png

+

8Zv3P.jpg

From Software x Classic D&D Modules, letting them re-work the story and setting as much as they need to and use whatever style of gameplay they feel is appropriate.

So the world (of Greyhawk) might be mended.

Yes, this is what episodic gaming should be.

Seligrafo

I still want my GWAR game... Beavis and Butthead for the Genesis just doesn't cut it.

RIP Oderus :(((

Game of Thrones needs a good video game at some point...

also maybe a gurren lagann game?

Back in the day, I used to dream of a horror RPG based on Stephen King's It.

Also, Big Trouble in Little China. Make it a third person beat em up/shooter like Arkham Asylum.

1980's G.I Joe third person shooter. Imagine Epic improving the Gears of War formula (but with awesome comics stlye cel shading) but you get to play as Duke, Flint, Shipwreck or Lady Jaye.

Instead making it solely like the cartoon, it would be a blend of the cartoon and the comics. Maybe copy the cartoon's intro but make plenty of scene transitions using an in game comic book style of sorts.

genjiZERO

A good open world (universe) Cowboy Bebop.

There's a lot of potential for this especially since you could base the game around bounties. I think it would be hard to pull off though given the scope you'd need to make it feel right especially with the spacecraft stuff.

Game of Thrones license is gonna blow up soon, no doubt. I just hope some real god developers get their hands on it. A little disappointed with Telltale getting it, honestly. But I doubt Bethesda would want anything to do with it since they've got their own shit to worry about. CD Projekt on the other hand...

Audette

Dream game of the last generation: a rated M, Wolverine action/rpg/sandbox/stealth In the vein of assassins creed and batman arkham series. Just tons of cool ideas you could use, omg.
I need this! Pleeeeese give it too me. Just don't half cook it, give it a decent development cycle.

leroidys

There's a lot of potential for this especially since you could base the game around bounties. I think it would be hard to pull off though given the scope you'd need to make it feel right especially with the spacecraft stuff.
Yeah the space stuff would probably have to be zoned.

DocSeuss

Dream game of the last generation: a rated M, Wolverine action/rpg/sandbox/stealth In the vein of assassins creed and batman arkham series. Just tons of cool ideas you could use, omg.
I need this! Pleeeeese give it too me. Just don't half cook it, give it a decent development cycle.

Raven's Wolverine game was actually pretty good, and went for a writing award that year.

Top Bottom