• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your dream licensed game?

I dream all days and nights about an adaptation of The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.

1400933410-scrooge.jpg

Multiple games (one isn't enough) with open worlds in the most important settings of the comics, action-adventure with a gameplay à la Assassin's Creed for the exploration, with an OST à la The Life and Times of Scrooge by Tuomas Holopainen (just listen this track and imagine a cartoon far-west world in 3D)...

Too bad it probably will never happen. ='(

AAA Attack on Titan game, I can see Platinum games making it if its an extremely action-y game. But if it was up to me I'd make the game a bit more open(like dishonored open, not GTA open)

Adventure Time action RPG, this one HAS to be open world. I want to freely explore the land of Ooo, wish CN would licence the game to a competent dev that could make this happen

JimiNutz

Banned
The Matrix - Open world, alway online game. Can jump between the real world and the Matrix at will. Full on Matrix mode (where you can see the code) is optional. Have the player level up over time so that by the end you are in full Neo mode flying around and destroying buildings. Players can also play as Agents if they want and have to hunt people down. Real world gameplay involves piloting mechs/ships and fighting the machines.

Lone Wolf and Cub - Based on the Manga. Deep combat engine. Open world. Travelling around with your son.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Made by Rocksteady. Fully realised New York City. Combat engine like the Arkham games. Include the turtle van to travel around in. Full on 4 player co-op (or maybe 6 player if you include Cases Jones and Splinter). Have it based on the new line of comic books. Sequel involves Dimension X.

Negator

Fighting game or Musou game of the Precure anime series. They have 10 seasons worth of characters they could use and I would play the shit out of it.

The series is very action oriented and is quite suitable for those types of games.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Knights of the Old Republic 3, open world st.. wait, we got that. It's a mediocre MMO with fantastic setting and story brought down by wowcloned mechanics.

Anyway; I second the fellow that wants a Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck-inspired open world mining\trading\fightning game. That would be completely awesome.

shaowebb

2WQKhvp.jpg

Kamen Rider Spirits.

Open world game, split into 7 different regions for each Kamen Rider.
GTA5 multi-protagonist design, playing through each character's origin story, unlocked character by character as you go more through the story.
Batman/Sleeping Dogs style melee combat.
Level design that's focused on a centralised hub city for each region, with a sprawling countryside, similar to the series.
Game design that balances the human-side and cyborg-side. Focused on keeping a grounded open-world that demands you to keep your identity hidden or only transform into a Kamen Rider when needed to.

I love you.

More than anything, I want a Static game. Ideally, it would be less about hand to hand combat, and not exactly a TPS like infamous, but more tactical like the comics. Use your powers on the environment to defeat the villains. You could also fly around on garbage can lids or whatever else you find. I'd also prefer it to be set in Dakota rather than New York with the original costumes and an older Static that's out of high school.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
a true, massive X-Men MMORPG

a modern Sherlock Holmes game that doesn't feel mediocre

a Constantine RPG
IMG_00242.jpg

Star Wars game by Platinum.

Multiple characters that make the game unique. Sith/Jedi portion controls like Metal Gear Rising complete with chopping dudes up with a lightsaber. Bounty Hunter section controls like Vanquish and then a storm trooper/clone wars section that controls like Wonderful 101 or something.

I know it wouldn't happen, but I can dream can't I?

Twin Peaks: Black Lodge

TheBlackLodge.png

Basically, you'd play as Cooper trapped in the Black Lodge and you have to find your way out. It would be kinda similar to Amnesia in that the more frightened you get, the more likely you will be trapped forever.

Twin Peaks: Dark Lodge

Basically, you'd play as Cooper trapped in the Dark Lodge and you have to find your way out. It would be kinda similar to Amnesia in that the more frightened you get, the more likely you will be trapped forever.

Any sort of Twin Peaks game would be awesome. I'm personally imagining something similar to Myst, albeit in a larger, populated world.

Deadly Premonition only served to increase my appetite for such a thing.

Bluth54

I would like to see a sequel or spirital sequal to Star Trek Bridge Commander. Hopefully Star Trek Excalibur will come close.

Shojx

For the longest time, I've wanted a Harry Potter MMO(rpg) where you could make your own wizard, attend and advance through Hogwarts, explore the rest of the Wizarding world, etc. etc.

A superman, shazam, black adam or flash based game would be pretty cool. I wouldn't doubt superman or justice league game would be rocksteady's next assignment after arkham.

Berserk is tough to decide who and how it should be developed. I think I'd favor platinum to make it instead of from. While I do like Dark Souls, it doesn't make much sense when guts kills hundreds of enemies at the same time and the bosses seem more suited to bayonetta style gameplay.

Marvel x DC in form of super smash bros. I like injustice but I'm just not a fighting game player, I don't have time to sit down and learn the mechanics. Just want something that is 4 player fun.

Marvel x DC & DC x Marvel, one of them is styled injustice and the other is like MVC3.

lupinko

Open world Savage Dragon game kinda like Hulk UD but also like Batman Arkham.

Also a Savage Dragon movie starring Dwayne Johnson.

Rosur

An RPG based on Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy.

Yea an RPG based on playing a 40k Inquisitor would be great.

That said I would like to see an open world marvel game (playing as the avengers or just focusing on one of them like Iron man) that's not Lego and has a decent story/ not a movie tie in.

For the longest time, I've wanted a Harry Potter MMO(rpg) where you could make your own wizard, attend and advance through Hogwarts, explore the rest of the Wizarding world, etc. etc.

Haha, me too, I shotgunned the entire series over the course of a summer after the last novel came out and the only thing I could think of was how amazing it would be to explore an open-world Hogwarts and surrounding environs, Bully-style. Create a wizard, choose your House, choose a school of magic to specialize in, lots of social stats in addition to combat-oriented stats to help you make connections and talk your way out of problems. God, what a missed opportunity.

Hyperion, Snow Crash, a good Bond game that's NOT a shooter, something set in Bas-Lag, a new Blade Runner in the vein of Westwood's masterpiece, another Star Trek adventure game, Flash Gordon, Dan Dare, Mandrake, RanXerox... Plenty of stuff.

And I would go totally gaga for a quality Masters of the Universe game - if Transformers can get one, so should He-Man and She-Ra.

LuchaShaq

Banned
A star wars game that is considered cannon but the writing is heavy rain/star wars prequel level bad just to piss off the star wars contingent of the internet.

In reality tell tale's game of throne's game is pretty close, make them base it on the book universe instead of the crippled show version and it would be even better.

Hunter X Hunter or One Piece game by CyberConnect 2 in the vein of the Naruto Storm Games

Berserk game by someone experienced in action games(possibly Platinum)

Gun Animal

-Dating Sim based on Goodnight Punpun

-Rhythm game based on Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar

-a Superman game that isn't garbage; embraces the idea of unbalanced gameplay that comes with the character.

-AAA NEXT-GEN ATTACK ON TITAN GAME PLEASE JESUS

Watchmen, presented as a detective-style adventure game.

Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff as an intentionally shitty co-op TPS.

Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as an intentionally shitty co-op TPS.

The Eric Andre Show with Hannibal Buress as an intentionally shitty co-op TPS.

Oh, and a Doctor Who game. action adventure, kind of like Uncharted but without all the shooting and killing. Some kind of timey-wimey sonic screwdriver gimmick.

Top Bottom