• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your dream licensed game?

Some Nobody

2WQKhvp.jpg

Kamen Rider Spirits.

Open world game, split into 7 different regions for each Kamen Rider.
GTA5 multi-protagonist design, playing through each character's origin story, unlocked character by character as you go more through the story.
Batman/Sleeping Dogs style melee combat.
Level design that's focused on a centralised hub city for each region, with a sprawling countryside, similar to the series.
Game design that balances the human-side and cyborg-side. Focused on keeping a grounded open-world that demands you to keep your identity hidden or only transform into a Kamen Rider when needed to.

Hunter X Hunter or One Piece game by CyberConnect 2 in the vein of the Naruto Storm Games

Berserk game by someone experienced in action games(possibly Platinum)

I'd love a TPS based on Trigun.

Rocksteady + Disney

Darkwing Duck

Sensible dream:

A linear Character-action Xmen game starring Psylocke. Preferably by Platinum of course.

Outlandish Dream:

Open world co-op Power Rangers with in and out Megazord battles. Alt: An open world Super Robot game.

TMNT by Rocksteady

Open world Star Wars RPG in the vein of Mass Effect, but with player controlled space travel. It's impossible right now, but it would be incredible to have a seamless galaxy to explore. Just hop in your ship, take off from Wherever you are and fly to wherever you want. No loading screens, no cutscenes, nothing.

You people are all awesome. Just wanted to say that.

But you? You're quite literally a man after my own heart. I've wanted a Centurions game for ages. Could be open world or mission-based, as long as there's a ton of content and I can decide which equipment to use based on which mission.

And, as for my personal suggestion: An open-world DC action game. Like Arkham City, but the scale is much larger. Being completely unrealistic, I'd want something the size of an MMO but made for single player.

That's too big to make all at once, so it'd be one continuous world that starts out with a single adventure (and side missions) across one or two locations. It would come out early on and then get "expansions" MMO-style that would add new cities, content, and heroes. As to "why not an MMO", because first off I want better combat, second because I'd want to control Superman not someone who looks and has the powers OF Superman. Lastly, I want the tightly-paced story that you can only get from a single-player game. It's literally the difference between DCUO and Arkham City/Origins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always just wanted a Disney World simulator where you could explore the entire thing and behind the scenes and all that crap that you normally can't see.

Even Kinect Disneyland was a decent attempt but nowhere near the scale I want.

-Marvel's Blade, Hulk, or Iron Man game.

-Star Wars Pod Racer II

-Quantic Dreams Star Wars game in the same style as Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls

-Bruce Lee game with an original story as an action beat-em-up

-Gundam Wing RPG, original story

-Dragon Ball/ DBZ action adventure (God of War clone)

-Tell Tale Games adapting Stephen King short stories and novels

-Rocksteady Games doing The 5th Element sequel, done as an action, TPS and beat-em-up

Theecliff

Banned
Edge Chronicles.
from the moment I saw the AC III sea level trailer
Holy shit, I've never even thought about this before. I always loved Chris Riddell's illustrations, would be interesting to see them brought to life in a video game.

It's been a long while since I've read any of the series though.

pants

Dune role playing game
Stargate 4player co-op game with hundreds of planets and the ability to roll your own content

After reading the book Sand by Hugh Howey, I think that universe would make for a fantastic game.

The exploration and terraforming potential of a game like that is through the roof. Would have the potential to be Red Faction: Guerilla meets Minecraft.

butman

Dragones_y_mazmorras_Serie_de_TV-732463360-large.jpg

- Souls series style.
- Next Gen Cel Shading (No difference with the TV series).
- Classes from the main chars.
- Long as hell.
- PS4/XBONE

RMI

Banned
I'd really like it if we could get western releases of Macross and Super Robot Wars games over here, but that shit will never happen.

GooeyHeat

I was just thinking about this the other day.
After Dynasty Warriors Gundam, One Piece Pirate Warriors, and Hyrule Warriors, among others? Next licensed Musou should be...

JEDI WARRIORS.

There's literally no explanation required and it's already the best idea I've ever had.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
A good open-world Spider-Man game with a non-linear story that is affected by the choices you make. So you can choose to be like the Punisher and kill bad guys, or you can be a villain if you want. There should also be a large variety of costumes that give you the powers of different incarnation of Spider-Man or even other characters. There could be a Superior suit that gives you robot spider legs, or even a Boomerang suit that lets you throw boomerangs at people.

EDIT: And voiced by Josh Keaton

Seinfeld 3D World. Super Mario 3D World remade so you can play as the main 4 Seinfeld cast, with each level reimagined to be inspired by various locales from the show and NYC. Larry David is the unlockable extra character instead of Rosalina, Newman is Bowser.

Doc_Drop

fmab1.jpg

With destructible landscape to use in battle

Also 100% Berserk (SOTC/Souls) & Samurai Jack (Not sure what style though)

BAA09_139_Alita_4bodies.jpg

Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita by Platinum Games for a full on approach or Rocksteady for something with a little bit more depth. Anyway I want it a multiplatform development so everyone can enjoy that glorious game on his machine of choice: PS4/XB1/PC and WiiU if technically possible.

I want everything, the scrapyard, the motorball, the tuned warriors. Everything.

And I want The Last Order as a sequel when the first game inevitably destroys tops the NPD charts.

Mesoian

Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita by Platinum Games for a full on approach or Rocksteady for something with a little bit more depth. Anyway I want it a multiplatform development so everyone can enjoy that glorious game on his machine of choice: PS4/XB1/PC and WiiU if technically possible.

I want everything, the scrapyard, the motorball, the tuned warriors. Everything.

And I want The Last Order as a sequel when the first game inevitably destroys tops the NPD charts.

I would buy this 9 times.

Skinpop

A story driven, semi-open world RPG Inception game.
Gameplay would be something like this:

You have a team, your party. You can recruit and swap members as well as buy better equipment for invading dreams.

Missions/and levels take place in the dreams of targets most of the time, with quests ranging from pure action levels to deeply psychological story driven episodes.

The semi-open world part will be that you somewhat freely can hook up to peoples dreams and find hidden stuff, sidequests and so on. For example, before swapping out a member maybe you'd invade him to steal his secrets or something like that.

The architect of the team will allow you to have more info on the levels, checkpoints and gear depending on her skill build. Maybe even allow you to change the maps in some way.

The anesthetist and his equipment will allow you to access deeper levels.

Impostors can be used to clone enemy skills and so on.

It should be made by a japanese studio for maximum convoluted mindfuck story, the art style slightly but not overwhelmingly anime.

BeberMan

Neo Member
Despite all the Spider-Man games, I'm still waiting for the one that really gets it right.

I'm a sucker for Spider-Man games! I'm even about to complete the new ASM2 and I've been enjoying it. It's not as great as the first ASM but it's still pretty good on its own. Also the new swinging mechanic is terrific.
As far as "getting it right", you should check out The Amazing Spiderman, Spiderman: Web Of Shadows and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions(all for 360/PS3). they all did great and different things with the franchise.

Impossible to make due to licensing and scope:

An open world X-Men RPG. You choose your starting point anywhere from the 1960s original stories until the present day; no attempts are made to rationalize the time disparity across decades worth of comics.

All major story lines from the comics are included. Open world aspect allows for presence of other Marvel properties (Avengers, Fantastic Four, other X-Men teams as they split off, etc.).

Fully reactive story. Knowledge of the comics could allow you to preempt events, change events. The story adapts to your actions.

You control any one character you want at a time. You have the ability to switch characters at will in the storyline. After switching, the AI attempts to emulate your actions and playstyle to that point.

Romance whoever you feel like. Have fun, fanboys and girls.

Gantz: I have no idea how a MOBA plays, but the acronym sounds about right. Battle aliens. If you die, that character can only be revived by someone with enough points. You get the option to spend points on new weapons, revivals or 'retirement' after each battle. Gantz (the ball/program) ranks you based on aliens killed or captured, allies protected, and suit damage. Earn a certain number of points without a death, you rank up and grab a special item only usable in battle. Extreme gore, large spaces, destructibility. Almost Lost Planet meets Crackdown meets Warhawk.

Outside of battle, its a M-rated Persona game. Juggles girlfriends, homework, sanity, etc. You can roam the streets at night.

Claymore: MMO. Design your warrior to battle the Abyssal Ones, Priscilla, and their offshoots. PVP would determine warrior rank, PVE for customization/levels. Extreme focus on limb seperation and repair: You can flee the battle, but you better take your leg with you! Battles similar to the Ninja Storm series when locked-on and stay on map. Awakened Beings can follow you between zones if agroed, allowing you to set up ambushes and traps, like MonHun.

Star Trek/Stargate action RPG in the same vein as Mass Effect.

A Stargate/Gundam turn based strategy game that uses the XCOM: Enemy Within model of TBS would be great too.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia by Telltale (written and voiced by cast of course)

After South Park, need more great comedy games.

A DBZ fighting game made by Capcom

Nintendo vs Capcom

An open world game based on the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Avatar MMO (based on the Nick series)

Red Dawn game (Homefront doesn't count)
Berserk game with DMC combat
Open world Friday the 13th where you play as Jason.

This would definitely be awesome.

I also always wanted a Bethesda A Song of Ice and Fire game. I think I remember an interview where they said that they had considered it in the past, but wanted to focus on their own content. And sure if it was an original story, and it'd probably have to be, the story would have sucked. But the books would always be there. I just really want to explore a well created Westeros.

Fireflu

A character action game of gurren lagann or Kill la Kill made by platinum. Mixing all that hype would be awe inspiring.

Bingo, it astounds me that there isn't a proper console game of TTGL. It could even be a brawler/fighter in the style of one of the millions of DBZ games and i'd still love it. The potential for a Zone of the Enders style game with the Gurren Lagann license is vast!

As for Kill la Kill the game would just make itself based off the anime. The cutting mechanics just need to be lifted from MGR and adopted with a clothes cutting system (life fibres replacing nano machines and such).
You could probably make a mod to just re-skin MGR with KLK characters and it would still work perfectly.

In short, Gurren Lagann and Kill la KIll + Platinum = a match made in heaven!!!

DOCTOR WHO: A Telltale Game Series

I think this one explains itself, and is one of the few game series where the concepts and ethos of DW might actually work for themselves. You'd play as a new companion, so you wouldn't have the super-genius intellect of The Doctor at your disposal. It galls me fucking Borderlands happened before this did.

Very much this, but instead of playing as the companion, I say have like 3 Doctors in different times doing things that affect the past and the present. Kinda like Doctor Who meets Day of the Tentacle. Use the 4th, 8th and 12th Doctors, just for fun.

Are you aware of this?

GUNNM_Memories_of_Mars_cover.jpg

Coxy

X-Men RPG.

X-Men SRPG for me

I feel like it'd be awesome to have full teams of 10-12 characters to command in battle and they have traits that would be interesting in that kind of setting, like Cyclops would have ranged attacks but only in a straight line, storm would be like a mage etc

Maybe even X-com it up a bit and have multiple teams responding to threats all over the world to try and keep anti-mutant sentiment from boiling over in countries

You could play as Professor x and be trying to detect and recruit new mutants all over the world with cerebro

Philippo

A Black Science (comic by Image Comics) open-planet (think ME) first person RPG.
Multiple planets dimensions and realities with wacky sci-fi phenoms, crazy weapons and armors (like space suits instead of proper armors) with a '70s design. It has "awesomeness" written all over it.

BlackScience-01-Cover-B-Dressed-a7939.jpg

I already promised myself i'll do it if i ever get into game business.

Mr_Joe

I'd love a proper Rocketeer game. Third person shooter with some brawler elements, plus JETPACKS.

That coupled with a World War II art deco style would be the shit.

I couldn't imagine how it would be possible, but a proper,high-end Battlestar game would be my dream. The dog-fighting, and attack on Basestars are obvious enough, but a well scripted game where you had to survive a Cylon apocalypse, never knowing if anyone on your NPC team were traitorous Cylons could be fantastic.

Top Bottom