• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favourite launchgame (any console)

Fantasmo

Actraiser. And since Enix is still around, I need a friggin' sequel on PS3/360 with 3d graphics, Actraiser 2 action, Actraiser 1 angel mode, and Yuzo Koshiro.

Pilotwings_64_box.jpg

Maridia

Super Mario World.

I never had a Dreamcast, but one of my buddies did and I remember playing Soul Calibur soon after launch. That kicked ass too.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
CajoleJuice said:
What a bunch of Nintendo fanboys in this thread.

lol, I don't think you're gonna see too many Fantavision votes in here, dood.

Oblivion said:
lol, I don't think you're gonna see too many Fantavision votes in here, dood.
I was half-joking, as I love the Mario games as much as anyone.

I'm just surprised at the lack of Halo and Soul Calibur replies. Soul Calibur was so ****ing awesome holy shit.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
well, the only consoles I've gotten at launch were the gamecube (oh, the promise of Rare....which....didn't turn out as planned) and the Xbox 360.

So of those two....I'd have to say that although I had quite a bit of fun with Luigi's Mansion, PDZ, yes you heard me correctly, PDZ was and is my favorite launch game of all time.

Of course, this is for consoles that I bought at launch. In reality, Mario 64 is my favorite game that game out at launch (for which I didn' t have the console for until later)

Lobster

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
What a bunch of Nintendo fanboys in this thread.

edit: Damn, the first Halo response.

Lol. We gots nothing to do us Nintendo fans..Still waiting..waiting on the world to change.

----

Banned
Super Mario Bros. followed by Mario 64

Historically speaking I think they were both revolutionary games.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i don't play launch games because i've never gotten a console at launch before. Wii will probably be the first console i get at launch.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:
In a couple of days, I can guarantee my answer will be "Twilight Princess"
Yes.

As of now I'd probably say it is either a Mario game or Pikmin.

EDIT: Oops! Forgot about Sonic the Hedgehog!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Super Mario World, but...

AniHawk said:
In a couple of days, I can guarantee my answer will be "Twilight Princess"

...word.

Two way tie for putting Super Mario 64 for putting 3d gaming on the map, and Soul Calibur for eclipsing its arcade counterpart. Both Herculean feats by any standard, let alone for system launch titles.

Top Bottom