• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What more do MS need to do to win you over?

What can MS do to win you over?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just the many paywalls, proprietary hardware, "cloud" bs, and legacy hardware support (headsets, fight sticks, wheels, etc).

It's painfully obvious that it was meant for always online I kinda wish they went down with the ship instead of back pedalling for consumers.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
It's a 100 dollars more and less powerful. There is no chance I'd get one. The only way to justify that is if it was cheaper than the PS4.

Ikkarus

The damage has already been done in my mind. They could roll out the red carpet for me but I'll always remember the crap they tried to enforce at their announcement.

Call me stubborn but MS made their initial intentions very clear at the start of this new console and even though they are rolling back things they were going to roll it out. A great company should never screw it's core customer and that's what MS did, granted they have reacted quickly but I'm not buying it.

Get rid of mandatory Kinect, make Gold an actual value like PSN Plus, remove the paywall for apps, fire Larry Hyrb. Then maybe we can talk.

Free online play would definitely make me turn my vest. It's one of the main reason I prefer my PS3 over my Xbox 360. When all the internet was freaking out during Sony's E3 presentation, I was pissed that online play wasn't free anymore.

It's not going to happen though :-( Also is Kinnect still mandatory? I don't want a 1984's like device in my home. I know that the NSA is already recording most of my activities, but at least it's subtle.

Nosgoroth

* Show more exclusive games that interest me.
* Don't treat me like a third-class citizen if I don't pay for Gold.
* Lower the price.

OR

* Prove all you have said regarding indie self-publishing and devkit-less developing.
* Improve your developer relations.
* Lower the price.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
It's really quite simple. Sell me an Xbox One without a Kinect. Until that doesn't come in the box I won't be buying one.

Drop Kinect. Drop the Price.

But most importantly make bigger investments in 1th party and make games I am interested. I want to see MS risks like Sony did with Heavy Rain, Team Ico games etc..

Fund some stuff that isnt on paper a sure fire hit in a popular genre because thats what the focus groups and marketing guys want for once.

Mafusto

Stop changing policies. The more MS changes the Xbox One the more I feel they don't have a plan for the box at all.

slade

Nothing they can do now. I've already seen a glimpse of what could happen if they gain a monopoly and the funny thing is they didn't even have close to a monopoly. I'll be with the other guys until they screw up.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Drop the Kinect requirement.
Lower the price.
Remove the Gold paywall.
Invest in new franchises that aren't more dudebro shooters.
Don't stop supporting One in its last few years.
Stop giving fabricated PR answers to everything.
Start opening up to indies instead of just expecting them to come to you.
Prove to me that the DRM policies are a thing of the past and won't be making a return.
Re-introduce the Xbox One at an event while openly admitting that you were wrong, then give me reasons to buy an Xbox One without resorting to PR-statements and buzzwords.
If you have bad news, be open and honest about it and tell me what I get in return or why something else can't be done.

Sadly, even if they do all that, I'd probably still just get a PS4.

I'll have to wait a year and see them do three things:

I don't mind Kinnect being in the box, but don't force it to be attached to the system.

Don't dwindle like Vita or Wii U.

Hope that Sony doesn't deliver enough with the PS4 within the first year.

King_Moc

Banned
Lower price, no kinect, apps that are free elsewhere removed from behind the paywall, guarantee that the used game ban doesn't come back, renewed focus on indie titles and some exclusives that appeal to me.

Not this subject again.

O75S8.gif

Withnail

I definitely do not want that huge ugly useless Kinect sat in front of my TV for the next 7/8 years.

If they drop that then I would think about getting one.

aceldama

Banned
Same as everyone else: Drop the Kinect

I can deal with the price and I can deal with the worthless garbage included with it (on-line, media integeration, indie BS) as long as it is never pushed on me to try to get me to use it, but I will never accept Kinect. It will never happen.

GamerJM

Banned
Lost Odyssey 2 (or more Japanese focus in general)
Go an entire year where they basically demonstrate that they're in touch with fans and the gaming industry in general. 180 is a step in the right direction, but it's not enough to get me to purchase the console on day 1.

Billen

Banned
Meet the ps4 specs
Meet the ps4 price
Don't force me to buy the kinect as part of the deal
Stop putting everything behind a paywall

Redo their entire approach and have a proactive console and service development cycle and stop with this reactive 180 bullshit.

bes.gen

drop kinect and that will hopefully make the system 350$
(a just price/performance point when compared to ps4)

then i'm in

They could start by not hiding every possible feature behind their gold paywall. And then lose the useless camera.

Not gonna happen.

jwhit28

I'd love to play Killer Instinct, but having so many features and apps locked behind a paywall, being more expensive, including kinect which I can't see having much use for, I just don't want any of that. When 360 was $200 cheaper than PS3 and getting clearly better versions of 3rd party games stuff like Live was easy to overlook, but there is no reason now.

SMZC

To be perfectly honest, there is nothing they can do at this moment. Just the fact that they tried to pull off all that bullshit (DRM, especially) and only reversed their policies because they saw that people weren't going to put up with it makes me incredibly wary of them, no matter how many 180s they do. I don't want to send the message across that everything is forgiven just because they started to play catch up with the policies that Sony announced since day one. Maybe, just maybe, the Xbone would have a chance if it could actually distinguish itself from the PS4 and offer me, as a hardcore gamer, something that the PS4 doesn't have. That's the only chance that they've got with me, and even then, I still would support Microsoft with my money very, very reluctantly.

I'm afraid that the only thing they can do to gain my support back is to start fresh in the next-next-gen and do everything right, announcing consumer-friendly policies since day one, showing that they wouldn't even consider measures like the DRM ever again. As it is, I'm convinced that Microsoft would still implement such bullshit measures if they had the chance and were the industry leaders, so they won't be seeing any of my money. A future dominated by Microsoft is a very scary thing to think about.

Oh, and yes, removing Kinect and gaining price parity would definitely go a long way too. But again, that by itself is not enough for me.

1. Drop Kinect mandatory requirement.
2. Drop price by £100.
3. Stop Halo being a CoD wannabe and go back to the days of 3/Reach.
4. Announce Killer Instinct as a full retail title - as well as promising that the fighting game community will be significantly involved with balancing/development.
5. Drop all pay wall'ed features of Live apart from online gaming.
6. Allow silver members to message people.
7. Allow accounts to switch region store, within the Xbox One dash, whenever they like, simply and easily.
8. Promise to only make TV/movie deals that are worldwide not just making it an awesome console for the US.
9. Allow upgradeable hard drive without having to buy a MS accessory.
10. Implement a feature that lets me tell my Xbox One, at home, to start downloading stuff in my download queue, when I'm in the office.

I have a lot of bad will towards Xbox One, they really have to go a long way to get me to want one - the stuff in this list is a start but probably not a finisher.

The most important thing is that Microsoft just don't seem to have any exclusives that I want, they need to fix that.

satam55

Banned
They can't. Both Sony & Valve would have to screw-up ridiculously, to get me who grew up gaming on PC before I ever had my first console and I've been with PlayStation since the PS1, for me to even consider getting an Xbox.

Firstly they would have to convince me that they are trust worthy again. Which I would say is close to impossible. We know what they want to do and I have no reason to believe that over time they might reintroduce such things or alternatives that add up to the same thing.

After they do that they would have to match the PS4 in price and remove kinect requirement. Then change gold to be at least as good as PS+.

After all that they would need several exclusives I care about.... and there really arn't many of those on any system.

Basically I don't think they can.

Top Bottom