• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What more do MS need to do to win you over?

What can MS do to win you over?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing they can do. Even if they lower the price to 399. Ive decided im going to wait till its dirt cheap with a matured game library. Probably still pick up the ps4, waiting for gamescon/tgs to make my decision.

Remove Kinect, drop to $399.99 and develop some unique first party exclusives.

And that really isn't too much to ask, IMO.

But, thinking about it, they could do all of that and I still wouldn't get one on day one. Their fuck-ups have left a bad taste in my mouth, and I just don't trust the company a console makers anymore. I'll grab one when it's much cheaper if it has anything exclusive that I want to play, I guess.

Talax

They need to show me proof that One won't do what 360's last 3 years did. I don't want to see non-existent support for the console after a few years of support.

399 and have japanese exclusives.

tbh, I don't think they can win me because I'm pretty convinced I'll go PS4/Vita/WiiU/3DS/PC this gen... I'm already so full of consoles and devices.

Abounder

Banned
Money saving bundle. Not sure what to include, something like a game, Live, or maybe even some software for students

KoopaTheCasual

I'm guessing you didn't see the way he behaved during the angry joe interview

I did. He behaved like an asshat. But he's an asshat who still has a job because of the way he acts. He even changed his twitter info to "Flipping switches since 2003" after the DRM reversal. He knows he's been scummy, and he understands when he makes a fool out of himself for his company. I just think people need to not shoot the messenger. Even CBOAT told us to take it easy on him, because he's just doing his job. I'm guessing Larry is also not too fond on the direction MS is taking, but how is he supposed to offer his opinion without getting fired? (colorful speculation)

All they need is:

- Japanise games
- faster console than PS4
- no mandatory kinect
- no shitty paywalls
- games given in gold each month

Strike

Drop Kinect
Drop the price
Put less things behind the paywall.
Make more unique 1st party core IPs
Get Rare to actually make things I care about again (or sell them off)

They're still trying to sell weaker hardware at a higher cost than Sony and they haven't shown any commitment to match the value Sony provide with Plus. Without a very significant price cut, I won't even begin to entertain the thought of buying one.

They managed to match contemporary PC hardware at £280 last generation, I still can't get my head around how they can justify charging 50% more while completely dropping out of the tech race. It's an absurdly overpriced console in the UK.

Bumhead

Banned
- Price parity with the PlayStation 4 (£349),
- No mandatory or bundled Kinect; OR
- A Kinect "killer app" at launch or in launch window.

If the two systems cost the same and on the balance of the currently announced games I would probably be buying an Xbox One. Kinect is the obstacle. Essentially that's what the price premium over the PS4 is for. That extra £80 in the UK to buy an Xbox One is for the Kinect. I'm not fundamentally against owning a Kinect camera, but right now there is nothing announced for the Kinect that I want to play. There's not even much announced for it that I don't, so right now the whole thing feels like an afterthought for gaming despite being apparently so important to Microsoft's strategy. If there was a game available Day One that made me feel like that extra £80 bundled accessory was worth my money and my time, I'd probably be in.

All they need to do to win me over is to release a handful of exclusives that I'm interested in. And by exclusives, I don't mean timed exclusives or console exclusives. This gen they had Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and that wasn't enough to convince me to buy a 360.

I'd also like them to remove the mandatory Kinect and make my racing wheel compatible.

I did. He behaved like an asshat. But he's an asshat who still has a job because of the way he acts. He even changed his twitter info to "Flipping switches since 2003" after the DRM reversal. He knows he's been scummy, and he understands when he makes a fool out of himself for his company. I just think people need to not shoot the messenger. Even CBOAT told us to take it easy on him, because he's just doing his job. I'm guessing Larry is also not too fond on the direction MS is taking, but how is he supposed to offer his opinion without getting fired? (colorful speculation)

I'm not calling for his job, but why can't it be both: MS made a god-awful rollout plan, AND Larry executed on it horribly. I've listened to some of his podcasts and he comes off as a phoney shill just pitching product to enthusiasts he can't/doesn't relate too.

(I forget his name but I feel the same way about whatever 'spokes-model' hosts the official Playstation podcast too)

I don't think he should take the blame for all of MS's fuck-ups, but wouldn't having a better, more credible face for the XBox community kinda help their goal of being more successful?

back on topic: price drop & games I REALLY want. That will happen, I want the PS4 more, so MS goes to the secondary console slot for me, just a matter of when.

D3VI0US

They need to launch at $399 with the Kinect, integrate the Kinect TV functionality with my Comcast DVR and On-Demand services, if they do those two things I'm more likely to jump in cause then my lady might get some utility out of the system as well.

I have both a PS4 and X1 preordered and I've rabidly been waiting for next gen for what seems like forever, but honestly with Steam having full BC I think I might be better off building a gaming PC. I'm still on the fence but I have seen Titanfall, there is a good chance I will pick one up when that drops and in anticipation of Halo 2014. Hopefully Titanfall is playable at PAX Prime, it's really the only next gen game on my radar that is a system seller even though that new infamous looks great.

You know what would really win me over is if they offer a model with backwards compatibility and at least a TB HDD if not two TB for a higher price. I know this isn't going to happen but I will fill up 500GB so fast it's not even funny. I mean I filled up 250GB on my 360 and I could clear up some space but I didn't have the option to buy digital games day and date which I will on the X1. There are some games I just know I will never trade in, mainly the Halo games and other shooters and fighting games, those games are always worth revisiting. I plan to stick mostly with retail for most purchases since prices drop and I can get stuff on the cheap and still trade in or loan.

smurfx

get some go again
drop the price and prove that 3rd party games aren't going to be inferior on the system. plus get a game i really want to play and it can't be an FPS either.

I'm already getting a PS4 at launch, so there's really nothing they can do to convince me to buy an Xbone any time soon. I'll probably get one around about when the Slim version comes out in a few years and there's a nice library of exclusives I want to play, but if the games I'm interested end up coming to PC I might skip it altogether.

strideramc

Drop the mandatory Kinect. They can keep it in the box, just let the user choose when and if they want to connect it. Also they need to drop the price.

No idea why anyone would want kinect dropped. price drop to match the PS4's tag, swallow the cost of the censor and have kinect not required to be connected sure but would be foolish to remove it.

Mass Effect and Gears of War 2.0
No ridiculous Gold Restrictions
No mandatory Kinect at all

2 and 3 definitely aren't happening so never I suppose.

N30RYU

Give all the specs and be superior to the PS4, or confirm again that you can share your games with 10 friends

All the higher-ups responsible for the Xbone need to be demoted or fired. As it stands, I don't believe for one second that soon as this console manages to get a hefty userbase, it won't revert back to anti-consumer policies of some sort but dressed up/presented differently.

Yasawas

Dark Souls 2 exclusive, and that's never happening.

I'm a lost cause to them though. Couldn't care less about their TV passthrough shit, no interest in any of their exclusives and don't like what they've done with their OS and Gold over the last few years. They have nothing to offer me.

No idea why anyone would want kinect dropped. price drop to match the PS4's tag, swallow the cost of the censor and have kinect not required to be connected sure but would be foolish to remove it.

If they can lower the price and keep the Kinect in the box, fine, but it's the required connection that ruins it for me. I don't keep my consoles under my TV, so any cameras or sensor bars are huge pains for me. When I bought a Wii I had to buy a sensor bar extension cable, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft isn't going to make one of those for the new Kinect (they never did for the first one, did they?).

1) Unbundle the Kinect. I don't want it, period.
2) Support PC gaming peripherals: HDDs, force feedback wheels, Oculus Rift.
3) Remove all ads from the dashboard, if I pay for XBL Gold.
4) $399

That's it.

El-Suave

Keep up the first party commitment!
What they did over the last few years on 360 is embarrassing for the leading platform holder!

In 2-4 years I will look at their E3 conference, and if they can offer me something interesting outside the stuff they usually publish (Halo, Gears, Forza) - maybe I'll bite.
I'm not exactly blown away by the first wave of announced titles, but it's a start.

nasos_333

With the recent 180s on DRM and used games, adding in a headset etc. for those of you still not convinced, what would it take?

For me personally, they need to move all third party apps outside of Xbox live gold, and their TV stuff. Let me have a great media experience with my free or paid services without a second payment to MS. Charge me when I want to use multiplayer gaming or some other core service (even game DVR, don't really care about that)

Don't even mind the price. It is steep, but I paid that for PS3

They just have to make Fable 4 without robots and factories and closer to Fable 1 than any other Fable, in both era, lore, combat etc

Add some cool bosses too, miss them a lot in the series

Remove some of the humor, not all of it was good

That is all they have to provide for me to buy the system

At the current price, specs and after the mediocre Fable 3 and the Kinect only Journey, i am 0% inclined to buy the system

Finalizer

-Drop mandatory Kinect (I don't care if they ship it with every console, I understand the angle, just let folks like myself who don't intend to use the damn thing to chuck it)
-Drop Gold requirement for basic app usage
-Release more games I want to play
-Lower the price
-Spend a few years to build back up some trust. I have little interest in finding out the fun way whether the DRM switch can be flipped back on just as easily, so I want to see a few years of proper redirection before I invest in the Xbox brand again. Addressing the above issues would go a long way toward doing just that.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't care for online, TV-apps or any other bs that is not strictly about games. Also the price is steep, but it's just 100€ more than I paid for the 360 on launch day. Announce Banjo-Threeie and I'll be there day one, easy as that. So the same thing as 360: Don't try to fuck me over with Always Online, have a great controller, charge whatever you want for any online features I don't intend to use anyway and offer at least one must have game (for 360 that came right at launch, Kameo). Oh yeah, it would be nice if I could set up the Xbone to boot right into the game I inserted into the disc tray whenever I turn on the console, too.

EVIL

There is nothing they can do to win me over. Their whole mannerism is so anti consumer that I have lost all faith in them ever to recover.

The price has to be more competitive and they would have to ditch Kinect.

But we've also seen how terrible their first party line up has been for the 360 for years now. I can well see Microsoft abandoning core gamers after the first few years and chasing those casual dollars.

We've also seen the disdain that Microsoft showed their existing and potential customers with their original xBone policies. This attitude is ingrained in the company's DNA, it's not anything as a consumer that I want any part of.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me...

Get rare back to developing interesting new games instead of a kinect factory outlet. PDZ, viva pinata, kameo, banjo kazooie were far more interesting than kinect sports.

Top Bottom