• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What posting habit would you love to kill people over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow managing to bash religion in threads that have NOTHING to do with religion.

edit: and the same with anything else, for that matter. Is it too hard to stay on topic and not completely derail something?

I would say the only exception to this rule is bringing up marginal tax rates in any thread alphanoid posts in.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
People who reply "Who?" should be flushed down the Gaf toilet.

frequency

I thought the "kill" thing was just a saying or whatever. Like, I didn't take it as a literal "I'll kill a person over this annoying thing."

Like when someone says "I would kill for a ______", I really don't take it as they would literally commit murder.

abusori

If your avatar is a pony, I just barely skim your post.
If you don't have one, I read your post, but you are posting anonymously.

However, people with cute or awesome avatars I actually look at the name of after I see it a few times.

For example
image.php
= frequency
and
image.php
= Dynamite Ringo Matsuri

also Jintor because his avatar is Lilly <3

Other than that I only know "celebrity" names, like the recently banned couple who turned on gaf and signaled the triumphant return of blamespace.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I want to kill people who:

1) post "something something keyword or key phrase something something". Thanks for lazily posting something that everyone saw a mile away. I'm sure everyone is glad to have read what you typed.

2) respond to a post just to debunk one part of it but ignore the rest, where the part that got debunked still leaves the main point of the post in tact. Thanks for sticking to the point.

3) respond to a post that argues in favor of changing a system by saying the poster doesn't understand how it works. No. I understand how it works. I'm talking about how I think it SHOULD work, not how it DOES work.

4) make things personal.

Agree with bolded 100%
Don't see #4 a lot.

It's almost like they have no concept of what is funny, and so have decided to mask it by posting a picture that is neither funny nor oftentimes applicable, but that has been posted thousands of times before.
Or maybe some people find it funny and you just so happen to not be one of them.

However, people with cute or awesome avatars I actually look at the name of after I see it a few times.
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I want to kill people who:

1) post "something something keyword or key phrase something something". Thanks for lazily posting something that everyone saw a mile away. I'm sure everyone is glad to have read what you typed.

2) respond to a post just to debunk one part of it but ignore the rest, where the part that got debunked still leaves the main point of the post in tact. Thanks for sticking to the point.

3) respond to a post that argues in favor of changing a system by saying the poster doesn't understand how it works. No. I understand how it works. I'm talking about how I think it SHOULD work, not how it DOES work.

4) make things personal.

what if the person is an idiot. shouldn't we tell them.

I know consider your post thoroughly debunked.

frequency

For example
image.php
= frequency
and
image.php
= Dynamite Ringo Matsuri

also Jintor because his avatar is Lilly <3

Other than that I only know "celebrity" names, like the recently banned couple who turned on gaf and signaled the triumphant return of blamespace.

I'm sure it's just because I have a post right above yours, but the thought of being recognizable to someone makes me smile.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Posters who are belligerent, abrasive and/or sardonic by default. Sure sometimes things get a little heated in a fast moving debate but some posters just enter any discussion as arrogant dicks from the get-go and get progressively shittier from there.

Hunter S.

If your not me I do not read it because it does not matter unless your agreeing with me.

Oh, wait it is a forum, I like variety and do not give a fuck what people do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom