• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What stage of grief are you in right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acceptance.

I was depressed last night, but this is simply how things are. I've known it, but I had hoped for better. Now that we know how things are, it's time to look forward and make a new plan

acceptance. I mean, don't get me wrong I bounced through the first four stages last night
but it's over now and the country told me it doesn't want me anymore. doesn't value me. so as long as I keep my job and I can do my art, the rest of those that voted for Trump's policies can.... well, whatever.

Ferrio

Banned
On a scale from 1-10 I'm at a 420. Also think I'm around the bargaining stage right now. "Maybe he'll pivot"?

Venture

Bargaining maybe? Not sure what else would fit. I'm hoping one of Trump's many lawsuits or other investigation turns up something so nasty he's thrown in jail before he can take office.

Or maybe I'm still in denial. :(

MrNelson

Banned
4, I've been there since last night, I just want to stop feeling like this, but I'm so worried about my girlfriend and her brother and sister.

HvySky

Stage four. All it takes is me thinking of minorities, those I know and those I don't, who are going to be most affected by this change in leadership, and I break down in tears. To think that we could elect someone who actively fights to keep people from having basic human rights and treats them as lesser beings is horrifying on a scale I didn't think possible.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I went through all the stages over the last week and hit stage 5 Tuesday morning.

8m9h8SH.jpg

I managed to accept it and look forward, but after seeing what went on today and how much hate has been enabled, I'm back to being depressed. Think I'll be going back and forth for a while.

Depressed last night. Acceptance today.

We're in it for 2-4 years now. We (Democrats) need to start planning for the 2018 mid-terms, today. We have a tendency to forget mid-terms exist as a party. Some of the SC Justices aren't going to make it 4 years. We need to get the Senate back to block nominations at the very least.

Venture

All these threads...talk about overreaction. Calm down y'all
This is uncharted territory. We're dealing with a president elect (god I hate typing that) so terrible his own party didn't really want him. Not even conservative papers would endorse him. Leading members of the intelligence community warned against electing him. It really is that bad.

Flo_Evans

I think I'm still legit shook.

I get angry, depressed, rationalize then reset to denial.

I really didn't need any more stress or uncertainty in my
Life right now. Hitting the bottle till I pass out seems like a great option.

Jobbs

Banned
I haven't watched any news since the outcome was obvious last night. I haven't watched any speeches, any discussion, any commentary. I literally decided I would ignore all media and pretend Trump doesn't exist for the next 4 years because I can't stand listening to or seeing that disgusting, vile piece of orange shit.

So I guess it's some version of denial yea

I guess at acceptance now, but during the day I felt like I was almost in some type of dissociative state, it was really weird sensation I've never felt before.

Jobbs

Banned
I guess at acceptance now, but during the day I felt like I was almost in some type of dissociative state, it was really weird sensation I've never felt before.

Every time I see the phrase "Trump elected" or "President Trump" it still feels like some kind of cartoon or joke, so I'm having trouble accepting that it's real life. I know what you mean

jstripes

Banned
Acceptance.

It sucks, but America is stuck with him for at least the next 4 years. Everyone has to adapt to that in whichever way.

Go scan that hate crime thread and get back to us
It's the same shit it always is. Terrible piece of shit humans use Trump as a scapegoat for their hate crimes. Same thing that happened when people used BLM's anti-police message to shoot cops in Texas.

Point is, this type of garbage hatred isn't unique to Trump or this situation. These people exist and will use whatever guise they can for their hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom