• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What stage of grief are you in right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

televator

Combination of 2 & 4

But mostly anger. The bigots celebrating and the astronomical ineptitude of the Democratic party... ENRAGING.

I have that post 9/11 feeling of disgust and fear for the future of humanity. Far reaching effects that will be felt by millions of people, generation after generation.

A little bit of 4 and 5. I still can't believe Trump's going to be president, but I've learned to live with it, compared to earlier in the day when I was so shook up, I could barely eat.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Depression. I'm just an empty bag right now. I feel bad whenever I find something funny. I feel bad for letting myself laugh.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno.

But I'm kind of angry at destiny or whatever supreme figure there is. Like fuck, you kill people like Robert Kennedy, and let Trump win? There's no justice in this world.

I'm almost a hybrid of depression and acceptance. Although I lean hard towards the depression part of the spectrum. The "acceptance" is really only the fact that I've accepted that there's no turning back time :S

Ploid 3.0

Currently I'm just afraid of what people may be amp'd up to do, like random raiders in a post apocalyptic game. The safety of family, friends, and other innocent people.

DJ_Lae

Acceptance. I mean, it's over and done, we just have to make the best of it, if that's even possible.

It'll be an interesting 4 (or, god help us, 8) years.

Klocker

I'm still in denial

But I never cry... I mean never and I teared up today for a minute when I was alone thinking about how we have lost our sense of decency. Sad.

Erekiddo

I deactivated my Facebook for a while as I do not want to see:

A.) Overly smug republicans.
B.) Trump's fucking face.

Out of sight, out of mind.

I feel nothing. I felt nothing before Trump too, so, there's that.

I'm just worried and am trying my best to be kind to people and hope kindness spreads. I think I smiled at more strangers today than i would have if Hillary had won.

I think my state is fine though, but I worry for the rest of the country.

Klocker

I haven't watched any news since the outcome was obvious last night. I haven't watched any speeches, any discussion, any commentary. I literally decided I would ignore all media and pretend Trump doesn't exist for the next 4 years because I can't stand listening to or seeing that disgusting, vile piece of orange shit.

So I guess it's some version of denial yea

Yea I tuned out from news too. I started this morning to have some other people to hear say it was going to be ok but turned it off pretty quickly and will probably stay off Facebook and only watch Netflix and play games for a while

I'm sure il hit anger and be stuck there for a while as soon as I lose my health insurance with no preexisting condition clause. Fucking assholes

AniHawk

i've had thoughts of ending my life before - but it always comes from a place of narcissism since i'd actually want to be around and see how other people react. i'm actually afraid that there is nothing in the afterlife. i want to prolong life as long as possible.

this morning, i understood actual suicidal tendencies. i didn't care if there was nothing else. i just saw a terrible future for this country, the world, and myself, and thought if something happened well... fine.

not at that level anymore though. i've graduated from hollow to angry.

i'm a white male too, so things are going to be relatively okay for me. it's everyone else who is going to be truly fucked. i cannot imagine what they're going through right now.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Anger, and I'm not fucking moving.

I know it's real and I accept that. But I am not moving my foot from giving a staunch "Fuck you" to every single Trump supporter that just condemned millions of minorities, women, LGBTQ individuals, and everyone else to the roadblocking of their rights and safety. Innocent people are about to suffer the consequences of this Presidency, and this is on Trump's supporters and every damn selfish asshole who didn't show up to the polls.

I was pretty close to acceptance but then I saw who he was considering for his cabinet and the thought of Sarah Palin being the White House circled me back around to anger.

JimiNutz

Banned
Acceptance and Hope.

UK voted Brexit, Trump is US President. Now let's look at why this happened and try to restore some balance back to society.

The world isn't going to end and we need to accept that 50% of our populations don't think exactly the same way that we do.

I still believe in the overall decency of people and believe that both of these votes are protests over modern globalisation, antiquated political systems and delusional politicians.

Now let's try to make some progress.

Brinbe

I think I hit acceptance right around 9 PM last night when I realized he was winning Michigan. but I'm just angry now.

disco

I'm a UK citizen and I'm pretty depressed. The planet man, the planet, all that coal going to be burned, now more than ever do we need to NOT get rid of green incentives! (*yes, also happening here too, see fracking in Lancashire)

woopWOOP

I went straight to 4, but I'm kind of getting to 5. As a European it's not like I have a lot of say in the matter anyway.
Life goes on, I'll see how (badly) this situation will turn out in the end.

Evo X

For the past 36 hours, I've been feeling a combination of confusion, anger, depression, fear, sickness, and hopelessness.

Somebody help me. :(

Tried playing some Dark Souls 3 earlier to escape to a world that's less bleak.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Acceptance. But that's easy to say not being from the US.

Shit's done. You all need to make the best of it while making sure a proper candidate runs in 2020.
Get Tulsi Gabbard prepped for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom