• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What stage of grief are you in right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anger, and I'm not fucking moving.

I know it's real and I accept that. But I am not moving my foot from giving a staunch "Fuck you" to every single Trump supporter that just condemned millions of minorities, women, LGBTQ individuals, and everyone else to the roadblocking of their rights and safety. Innocent people are about to suffer the consequences of this Presidency, and this is on Trump's supporters and every damn selfish asshole who didn't show up to the polls.

Same. I've been on Anger and I'm gonna be on it for a while.
Fuck Trump, fuck every person who voted for him and fuck every person who didn't show up to vote. This entire situation is fucking FRUSTRATING. How the fuck did people drop the ball this fucking hard

RawNuts

Anger; been feeling testy and confrontational in public when I'm typically very respectful and reserved. I also feel a bit of spite for my own country, hoping that these four years are so disastrous, even if it affects me in huge ways, that we never make this same mistake again; we were obviously too complacent in the progress we've made to think that something like this could even be possible.

linkboy

Depression, and it's not going to go away for a while.

It's even worse that I'm in the military and will have to serve under this douchebag. So working on getting out, if just to save my sanity.

Acceptance. I truly believed that Hillary would win due to the polls and how Trump behaved, but it turns out that I was living in a bubble. Sure, there are some people who are bigots and racists who support Trump, but there are also a lot of people who really are struggling whether it be a small business owner or someone who lives in a rural county where everything is closed. I can see why they would support Trump. Their businesses and way of life are in trouble and the last eight years haven't been good for them.

Hillary never went to Michigan or Wisconsin and I think that pissed a lot of voters off. Hell, Bernie AND Hillary came to Nebraska even though we're a red state. Hillary and the DNC didn't try to get the rural vote. I think this election shows that you HAVE to rally your base and make sure blue states stay blue, while having an open mind and listen to the problems that rural Americans have.

In retrospect, the DNC fucked it up. To the average voter, Hilary did have a lot of baggage, and it turned a lot of people off. It would have been interesting to see how Bernie would have done in the election because he was viewed as a change candidate (even though he's been a senator for what 30 years?). I think we will see a shift in voting from voting for political party establishment candidates to voting for someone who is charismatic and who can rally and excite people like Obama and Trump.

I think the DNC needs to get rid of the old and embrace the new. Get people like Bernie and Obama who can rally and fire people up and get excited about voting. Get people voting in the midterms and stress how important they are. Stress how important every voter is, even those who live in a town of 100 people.

It will be interesting to see what a Trump presidency is like. He is already at odds with Republicans. Trump supports term limits for congressmen/woman and holy shit that's actually something I agree with. He's said a lot of liberal things in the past, so maybe he'll flip flop on some of the terrible things he said in the race. Who knows.

The race is over and democrats lost. In retrospect, overconfidence and poor decision making by Hillary and the DNC led to her defeat. All we can do is learn from this.

Depression, and it's not going to go away for a while.

It's even worse that I'm in the military and will have to serve under this douchebag. So working on getting out, if just to save my sanity.

There was a moment during the DNC when a sort of wave of patriotism hit me and I seriously thought about joining the military. So glad I waited until the election. Hope you can get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom