• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in a potential DISSIDIA 3?

Enthus

I've been playing Dissidia and was thinking about ideas for a future installment. In the event that this happens, what features and changes would you like to see made?

1. I'd like the game to come out on PS4/PC/XBone. Vita isn't a big enough market to make an impact like the PSP games, I think.

2. I'd like an expanded online component.

3. I'd like to see an increase in the roster size (of course). I'd like at least two Warriors of Cosmos per title, including the old characters, so that each game has more representation. If they already have two Cosmos fighters, then I suppose they should get another.

My list:

FF: Black Mage
FFII: Maria
FFIII: No idea, Desch?
FFIV: Rydia
FFV: Dunno. I haven't played it in ages.
FFVI: Celes
FFVII: Aeris
FFVIII: Rinoa
FFIX: Steiner
FFX: Auron
FFXI: Dunno, haven't played it enough.
FFXII: Balthier
FFXIII: Fang
FFXIV: Louisoix and Y'shtola
FFXV: Noctis and Gladiolus

Neff

HD

Seriously though, I don't care what they do. Make a legit Dissidia 3, make a Marvel style 2D fighter, make FF Smash Bros, rip off Power Stone... So long as it's on a console, online enabled, goes fucking nuts with fanservice, and has me fighting with classic characters from the FF universe, then I'm totally on board.

sn00zer

No idea why it has to be a weird pseudo-fighting game with weird ass mechanics, just making it a fighting game. FF spin offs are so held back by gameplay tradition.

Wouldn't it be Dissidia 2? Duodecim was more of a Super/Hyper/Ultra upgrade.

I'd like to see more from the NES Era. They got the shaft in Duodecim, not getting a single new character from that Era. Also, a revision of the story mode. That mode was far too long and got pretty boring, especially in Duodecim with the addition of the world map. The map really didn't add anything to the game, other than make the story mode longer.

No idea why it has to be a weird pseudo-fighting game with weird ass mechanics, just making it a fighting game. FF spin offs are so held back by gameplay tradition.

But the unique system is what made it fun.

Doombacon

I would really like it to come out on home consoles and have local vs. I would absolutely love to be able to get bopped by people in DISSIDIA tournaments.

Village

More jecht also consoles.

I really liked what it was, I don't really want what you want.

Dissidia not playing like your typical fighting game is the only reason I like it. It's nothing without this individuality.

For myself, it would be swell if some major summons actually entered the battlefield, or if a few summons as roster characters made it in.

If they keep the same mechanics just add more characters, more move options and add real online play.

Also the fighting system is fine, it's unique and very RPG like in it's customization.

Trago

How about characters from other Square IP's, like Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, etc.

J-Tier

Give us Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics

Ramza.jpg

I haven't played the game much (only demo), so I'm only interested in seeing the roster expand.

FF1: White Mage
FF4: Rydia
FF5: Faris
FF6: Locke, Celes, Shadow
FF7: Red XIII
FF8: Rinoa
FF9: Garnet, Steiner, Vivi
FF10: Rikku
FF12: Balthier, Fran

okaygeraldo

Neo Member
I've actually given this a lot of thought. Here it goes:

1. Console Release with a smaller 3DS/Vita element.
2. Story: 15 Champions and 15 Villains are summoned into an unknown world by Cosmos/Chaos. After spending eons looking for The Crystal, Cosmos/Chaos are too weak to fight each other on their own. While Cosmos is out to protect the Crystal and the people of this unknown world, Chaos does not care for anything but power.
3. World: I don't care to see old worlds again. That's been done. I'd give this world a mix of medieval and machine (a more advanced FF12 world would be a good way of putting it).
3. Gameplay: Make improvements in the current gameplay, possibly faster paced and with more combos. I would add more elements (carefully) like summons and supported characters from other games coming in for combos. I'd also add online elements like team battles/rankings/guilds/etc.
4. Roster: while I would like more playable characters, I'd prefer a roster made up of the main heroes of the games (focusing on quality/refinement over quantity). I would be up for supporting characters. I'd also include Summons, but without a lot of time on the field and more of a "combo" element.

You'd be able to choose/experience any of the characters story line, so I'd be a big budget AAA game.

I'd also remove the "instance" element. For online battles, I'd actually go ahead and do the whole "invading" thing (like in Watch Dog) where someone would come into your town and challenge you, affecting your world. An option to turn this off would be included. Those battles wouldn't be ranked, and if you've killed a character in game, then that character can't invade. I'd also include an Arena mode for rankings.

(reading this, sounds like fanfic)

Spot

I would like it to even exist! To be honest, maybe they could try to include a better stroryline that actually makes sense.

I just want it to be on Vita.
I honestly don't know enough about FF to suggest some characters, but Sora would be an awesome addition.

JordanN

Banned
Yeah, a big complaint of mine.

Square has no excuse considering they made Ehrgeiz (a more traditional fighter with FF characters).

4JmqWUc.jpg

K1lPhZ4.jpg

Dissidia not playing like your typical fighting game is the only reason I like it. It's nothing without this individuality.

Exactly. And I say that as someone who's loved Street Fighter and Tekken since elementary school. The unique approach SE took with the franchise is what I like about it, and we could do with more non-traditional fighters once in a while.

As for me? My wishlist:
- Console/PC only. Building the game around mobile hardware limitations again will only hold it back. They could do so much more with the game without worrying about such things.
- Auron.

Add characters from other Square Enix games : Kingdom Hearts (the original, Sora, Riku, etc.), Dragon Quest...

The battle system is great as it is but not perfect, with better graphics, few improvements, more characters and settings (and a better story but I'm asking too much here), it would be wonderful !

Do we know if Square Enix has plans for a new episode ?

Make it. As long as it has Dissidia gameplay, I don't care what platform it's on, what the roster looks like, what changes they've made, how sucky Exdeath is, whether or not it has online play, how good the graphics look, just make it.

moomoo14

I'd love to see the world traversal introduced in Duodecim expanded upon. Having towns and NPCs could be cool if handled correctly. Honestly, though, it's one of my favorite PSP games, if not my personal favorite. Just adding more would make me really happy.

I'd also love it on my Vita.

Yeah, a big complaint of mine.

Square has no excuse considering they made Ehrgeiz (a more traditional fighter with FF characters).
Saying that they made Ehrgeiz is just one more reason for Dissidia to keep it's own systems and gameplay.

It's great the way it is. It has room for improvement, but the battles are crazy awesome the way it is, I love it.

Anyway, I want to see Sabin, and maybe wait a bit on the game to put Noctis in.

I don't think the team even exists anymore. I could be wrong though.

I'd love "regular" enemy encounters. Maybe field play where I can wipe the floor with goblins, cactaurs, marlboros and whatever else.

Enthus

Add characters from other Square Enix games : Kingdom Hearts (the original, Sora, Riku, etc.), Dragon Quest...

The battle system is great as it is but not perfect, with better graphics, few improvements, more characters and settings (and a better story but I'm asking too much here), it would be wonderful !

I believe the team said that they would love to make another one, but I imagine they are aiding in the development of FF XV like most teams.

jiggle

Smaller arena
More grounded combat
Spells and summons

Actually just make it a full on FF ALL STARS ARPG

Smaller arena
More grounded combat
Spells and summons

Actually just make it a full on FF ALL STARS ARPG

Holy cow no!

Small arenas are the doom of that game, the camera freaks out super hard.

If anything they should make the smaller stages bigger so the camera doesn't lose its shit.

It's great the way it is. It has room for improvement, but the battles are crazy awesome the way it is, I love it.

God yes.

I would also like to add that they should improve/fix the assist system. Everyone that used it mostly used Kuja or Jecht. Maybe they should be unique characters with different abilities and should be assigned to their related character. Aerith and Cloud or Edgar and Sabin for example. It'll be a way to see more FF characters without really making them playable, like Smash's trophies.

Oooooooh yiss. Another Dissidia NOW. That's a game I put well over 200 hours into. I wouldn't change the battle system for anything. I love how much fun the Brave / HP brings.

HD, Super Smash Final Flash Fantasy Bros and Sis *Latin codename here* on WiiU & PS4. Characters from all over the franchise including spinoffs.

Trago

This needs to be a separate series. FF is large enough to warrant an entire vast roster. A SE all stars game could be from multiple franchises.

I can just imagine some bullshit super crossover RPG in which every Square IP has to defend the universe against evil god or some shit.

Give me a fighting game instead lol.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why not do the Theatrhythm: Curtain Call way and put characters from different FFs and Squaresoft games?

Tactics: Ramza and Delita
FFX-2: Paine and Leblanc
FFXIII-2: Serah, Noel, and Caius Ballad
Crisis Core: Zack Fair and Genesis
Xenogears: Fei and Id
SaGa Frontier: Red/Alkaiser and Black X
Chrono Trigger: C(h)rono and Magus
Parasite Eve: Aya Brea and Eve
Kingdom Hearts: Sora and Riku

TDLink

It really just needs to be on console, have local couch multi-player, have real online, and more characters. It's not hard. I'd like Auron, Edgar, and Balthier to be among the added characters.

Same mechanics just on PS4/Xbox One with online.

Honestly I'm surprised that Dissidia 2 hasn't been announced as an HD Remaster yet. Maybe if Type-0 sells well.

Honestly if it's native to current gen consoles and had an expanded roster, that's about all I could hope for. What would take it over the top is the type of nostalgic love Nintendo pours into Smash Bros.

Top Bottom