• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in a potential DISSIDIA 3?

Niosai

All I care about is an HD version with a proper online mode. Heck, I'd be okay with a remaster of Duodecim.

But the best thing they could do is release an HD version with a decently long story and an even more expanded roster. Maybe fitting in some of the side games such as FFT would help.

Son Of D

I'd like it to embrace the side games like Theatrhythm Curtain Call did. Add Ramza and a Tactics stage, some Mystic Quest content, add Rikku or Paine and give them a X-2 style dressphere gameplay mechanic, a stage based on Advent Children etc.

And even some cameos from non-FF games in the form of either collectible items (think Smash Bros trophies) or even just music.

Oh, and a plot that isn't so melodramatic and super serious. It'd be nice to have some more light hearted scenes where the FF characters just talk about their worlds and confuse others with their technology and terminology (honestly I just want to see Tidus explain Blitzball to characters like Warrior of Light and Kain and other stuff along those lines).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No idea why it has to be a weird pseudo-fighting game with weird ass mechanics, just making it a fighting game. FF spin offs are so held back by gameplay tradition.
This, sort of. Not sure what you mean by tradition, as Dissidia is one of the weirdest, most non traditional game of any sort I've played, but I agree that it would be better off as a straight fighting game. I assume you mean the need to incorporate RPG mechanics.

I've been playing Dissidia and was thinking about ideas for a future installment. In the event that this happens, what features and changes would you like to see made?

1. I'd like the game to come out on PS4/PC/XBone. Vita isn't a big enough market to make an impact like the PSP games, I think.

2. I'd like an expanded online component.

3. I'd like to see an increase in the roster size (of course). I'd like at least two Warriors of Cosmos per title, including the old characters, so that each game has more representation. If they already have two Cosmos fighters, then I suppose they should get another.

My list:

FF: Black Mage
FFII: Leon
FFIII: Luneth
FFIV: Rydia
FFV: Faris
FFVI: Celes
FFVII: Vincent
FFVIII: Seifer
FFIX: Steiner
FFX: Auron
FFXI: The Zilart twins (either of them)
FFXII: Balthier
FFXIII: Fang
FFXIV: Louisoix and Y'shtola
FFXV: Noctis and Gladiolus
Good list, good points, and exactly what I was going to suggest. Edited the list a tiny bit, though.

EYEL1NER

I just want an HD version of the game, either a third iteration or a port of Duodecim. Once the God of War PSP remasters came out on PS3, I started hoping for a Dissidia collection. One never came out and I finally got a new PSP earlier this year and bought both Dissidia games. I have had a ton of fun with them and would buy a PS3 or 4 version and replay them on a big screen in a heartbeat (I'm not too fond of how the games look when displayed on my Tv running off my PSP).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Square should expand it to other series like theatrytm, other than making it on Vita obviously.

Keep the fighting system and lock the camera and movement axes to also make it 2d in playstyle. I loved everything about that game except moving my character. 3d arenas brought nothing of value to the gameplay, for me.

Oh, a wish list? Cool, I can do those.

I: Matoya
II: Minwu
III: Xande (honestly should've been there from the start. Cloud of Darkness only shows up in the last few minutes of the game)
IV: Rydia
V: Faris (with a moveset based on The Cannoneer class)
VI: Locke
VII: doesn't matter what I wish for because it would end up being Vincent
VIII: Seifer
IX: Vivi
X: Auron

Put in Hildebrand and I will pay ANYTHING

479443HildebrandSmile1024x576.png

I'm surprised no one mentioned Type-0 characters.

I'd play Cater or Eight
or Kurasame.

But it would be Ace, Machina or Rem for sure. And in that case... I'd kill for it not to be Machina >.>

Ace would be cool I guess, just be sure to give him Tri-Laser and Teleport Card.

Also, lots of people here haven't played Type-0 yet, so it's understandable no one said characters from there.

Top Bottom