• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best action movie of all time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Definitely T2, Die Hard is a very close second.

EnergeticGargantuanDuck.gif

Cameron da God.

Sean*O

Pure action, Woo's "The Killer" has to be on the short list. Also "The Man From Nowhere". T2 and Die Hard are action classics as well.

En-ou

3-new-posters-for-the-sci-fi-action-film-edge-of-tomorrow.jpg

So fucking good

Runner ups:

Mad Max: Fury Road and Terminator (motherfucking) 2

lol this movie was absolute shit. they're getting attacked by weird shapeshifting, disappearing aliens but when one of their own tells them about a time travel thing that can save them they say no, you're crazy.

Aselith

lol this movie was absolute shit. they're getting attacked by weird shapeshifting, disappearing aliens but when one of their own tells them about a time travel thing that can save them they say no, you're crazy.

Aliens are quite a bit more plausible than time travel tbh

The GAF poll's already been linked in here, but I'm still amazed it didn't even make the top 5 there (despite only having one less #1 vote than T2), and that it missed the top 5 because a lot of people voting didn't even consider it an action film at all, much less the best one ever made.

That poll's also funny because people swear Fury Road got overrated, when I bet if you run it in another 6 months, T2 will drop beneath it.

As it should.
No it should not. Terminator 2 is the greatest action of all time.

List off some of the few that have always been the greatest in my eyes
1. Predator cause that really is the most actiony action movie ever and predator is the most badass alien ever.
2. Mad max: fury road because that will be the greatest action movie I will ever be able to see in theaters and I've always love the series since I was a kid. 1 and two of the series are also right here because again mad max is my favorite movie series.
3. dredd because it was such a sleeper hit and did everything right
4. Terminator idk why I prefer it over two but I always found it the better movie
5. Ip man 1 and 2 recently saw them but holy hell were those two movies badass.
6. Aliens because it is the action version of alien and kicks ass.

AaronB

What a coincidence, I just saw The Raid (Redemption) last night. It's definitely right at the top tier of all-time action movies. I'm going to watch the sequel (and the earlier similar movie by the same director) as soon as I get a chance.

My other favorites, although some of them blur genres:
Terminator 2
Predator
Die Hard
Enter the Dragon
Bloodsport
Legend of Drunken Master 2

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!

No this movie is not 'absolute shit.' The planet has already BEEN attacked by aliens. And gotten their asses kicked. And the 'one of their own' is a cowardly officer who'd do anything to avoid combat. And
he DOES eventually convince his unit he's telling the truth!
Were we watching the same movie?! FFS.

Decado

The Drunken Master II had some amazing action sequences, but the rest of the movie was borderline unwatchable. So boring.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Police Story, Drunken Master 2, Seven Samurai, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, The Killer, A Better Tomorrow, A Better Tomorrow 2, Die Hard, Terminator 2, Raiders of The Lost Ark, Enter The Dragon, The Matrix, Lethal Weapon, The Raid, Dredd, The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, Aliens, etc., etc.

But as for action films that completely blew me away and left me obsessing over their techniques frame by frame, there are 3

Hard Boiled

GIF2.gif

GIF1527d.gif

GIF4.gif

The Good, The Bad, The Weird (didn't even gif the massive, ridiculous chase sequence at the end)

GIF5.gif

GIF6.gif

Mad Max: Fury Road

ertert.gif

FuryRoad10.gif

cdyhybrid

Read through the thread again and The Rock wasn't mentioned enough.

Man, it's so tough though. So many great action movies.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
my top 10
Terminator 2
Raid 2
Mad max: fury Road
Predator
Die Hard
Speed
The Bourne Supremacy
The Matrix
Raiders of the Lost Ark
RoboCop 2

Yes, it is.

This isn't even the craziest fight in the film.

Some of Jackie's absolute best.

When I take into account non-Hollywood films, my "best of" action movie list would be too much for me to compile.

Definitely T2, Die Hard is a very close second.

EnergeticGargantuanDuck.gif

That sequence where Arnold jumps out of the pick-up and onto the hood of the tanker truck was done in one take with no stunt men or harness. It was pure Arnold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom