• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best action movie of all time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hitgirl.gif

7df3a9d339bb6c03ac2661ea00f518a4.gif

kickass.gif

kick-ass-and-red-mist-being-idiots.gif

Kick-Ass

Daffy Duck

Wow, this is a tough one to call.

Termintor
Terminator 2
Predator
Die Hard

Can't pick......

That sequence where Arnold jumps out of the pick-up and onto the hood of the tanker truck was done in one take with no stunt men or harness. It was pure Arnold.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it wasn't Arnold at all, it was a stunt man.

Skulldead

The raid..... since i saw that movie nearly every movie became boring in term of action....

Honorable mention : Killzone the corridor fight is one of the most epic action scene ever...

Lets not let nostalgia get a hold of us here. Terminator 2 although was amazing during it's time, it's not close to what we get today.

My picks are Dredd, Raid 2 or Mad Max Fury Road.

Daffy Duck

Lets not let nostalgia get a hold of us here. Terminator 2 although was amazing during it's time, it's not close to what we get today.

Those three films are nowhere near the greatness that is Terminator 2.

Dredd is fantasic and I love it, but it doesn't hold a candle to Terminator 2.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Mad Max Fury Road is the only film out of those three in the same league as T2. Raid 2 and Dredd are good B tier action movies but that is about it.

JLynn

And Drunken Master 2 was a response to critics saying that nothing more could be done with kung fu films and they have reached their peak, or something like that.

Basically, don't piss Jackie Chan off and say that things cannot be improved or he doesn't know what he is doing. It only winds up making you look bad.

Glickenhaus was completely oblivious to what made Jackie popular. In an interview with HK Film historian Bey Logan, he said "Well, you know that's still the most successful Jackie Chan movie internationally and always will be because the American audience, the mainstream audience will never sit still for Jackie's style of action".

The Protector made less than a million dollars in its entire run, making it a failure. Rumble in the Bronx made over six million it's first weekend in the US Box office eleven years later.

lemmykoopa

The stunt is amzing.

I always thought the stunt was amazing too until I saw the making of video of it on the Terminator 2 blu Ray. Neither of the trucks are moving at all actually, it's all done with a moving rear background. Still incredible though because how seamless it looks.

boiled goose

good with gravy

Complete BS. Terminator 2 is still amazing.

Awesome characters, awesome story. Creepy scary villain. Awesome practical action. Good pacing. Super quotable. Interesting sci fi ideas.

T2 is spectacular.

Reading all of the films mentioned in this thread really nail home my thoughts on the action genre. There's a lot of crap out there that I despise to the core, but the good ones? Damn they're good. So many (Die Hard, Fury Road, etc.) make my all time favourite movie list for sure!

T2 is a great action movie. It's aged very well, not that it matters because in 20 years its still going to be a great action movie.

But its not even top 5 all-time. Its not even the best Cameron. That's ALIENS.

Complete BS. Terminator 2 is still amazing.

Awesome characters, awesome story. Creepy scary villain. Awesome practical action. Good pacing. Super quotable. Interesting sci fi ideas.

T2 is spectacular.

Awesome characters? Sarah maybe, but Arnie and young JC are goofy as fuck. The baddie looks bad CG wise that hasn't aged well and is scary how? He's dressed as a cop. The rest I agree with.

It's got nothing on Dredd.

The Raid 2

Then you have a pantheon of movies that cannot be objectively ranked:

T2, Die Hard, Mad Max: FR, Predator, Hard Boiled, The Raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom