• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the craziest fan-service / content they might add to FF7 Remake? (SPOILERS)

RedZaraki

Banned
I'd like to see some new materia. Additional story scenes. But imagine if they lost their minds and go totally over the top:

The party finds a time machine in a Shinra laboratory and use it to travel back in time to pre-Nibleheim. Through a series of events Sephiroth joins the party and travels back to the present with them, where they inform him of the truth of his origins, and how present Sephiroth is attempting to destroy the Planet with Jenova and Meteor. Rather than going insane, hero Sephiroth joins the party to fight against himself.

.......it's fun to imagine anyway ;_;

I think fans would really like it if it came out in a reasonable time frame.
Costumes for KH Cloud and AC Cloud

Make her a party member.

Udgfcd8.jpg

Beth Cyra

All I want is Advent out gear post game for visuals.

Gameplay I want to see Cloud given Cherry Blossom from Tactics and Dissidia as well as Ver 6.

I'd like to see some new materia. Additional story scenes. But imagine if they lost their minds and go totally over the top:

The party finds a time machine in a Shinra laboratory and use it to travel back in time to pre-Nibleheim. Through a series of events Sephiroth joins the party and travels back to the present with them, where they inform him of the truth of his origins, and how present Sephiroth is attempting to destroy the Planet with Jenova and Meteor. Rather than going insane, hero Sephiroth joins the party to fight against himself.

.......it's fun to imagine anyway ;_;

Yes, I too wished that fanfic would continue.

Tbh, the obvious "craziest" addition would be bringing back Aerith, or preventing her death in the first place. (The option for it, obviously)
Though that doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell, nor do I want it to happen.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Cocaine's a hell of a drug OP.

Anyways, i'd love to see more character backstory, extra cutscenes and relationship building. I want to see more Tifa and Aerith bonding scenes, and more Cloud/Tifa , Cloud/Aerith and Cloud/Tifa/Aerith scenes in general.

They are clearly the 3 most important characters in the game outside of sephiroth, as the mains they should get much more representation and in depth view from a modern day perspective outside just the love interest angles.

Also, i'd like to have everyone's AC designs as unlockables(especially Tifa's AC outfit)

Mikey Jr.

Cloud finds a time machine, travels to Ivalice, and joins FF Tactics.

You then play a mission literally in FF Tactics in full PS1 graphics.

The 'craziest' I can sorta figure, while keeping within the realm of the setting, would be the inclusion of a secret boss fight against
Zack Fair, with it being unclear if it's a ghost, clone, or something else

Cissnei being in the game would be cool. But I would ultimately go for this: make it look like Aerith is going to die at the same point as she did in the original, but subvert fan expectations and have her die closer to the end. Still stays true to the original, gives her more chance for character development, and allows for her death to still be surprising/more heart wrenching.

Blobbers

In a sidequest, you literally get to see the entire "Loveless" play. It'll be FFVIIr's version of the FFVI Opera scene

"Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water's surface
The wandering soul knows no rest."

17859-1-1338330126.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Expanded Nibelheim flashback in the Lifestream (when Cloud is piecing back together
his real memories
) with added elements from Crisis Core.

Genesis... can stay out of it. I don't hate him as much as everyone else does, but I do want to see more of Zack/consistency with the compilation. Minority opinion, probably.

Loona

Nods to the other games like Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerebus, of course. Maybe disproving that supposed connection with FFX's future too.

Gilgamesh trying to steal Sephiroth's sword during THAT scene if you meet some requirements (possibly nods to other games in the series), enabling a character to survive, maybe failing along the way and getting turned into a Materia summon for the duration of the game's events.

Beth Cyra

Nods to the other games like Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerebus, of course. Maybe disproving that supposed connection with FFX's future too.

Gilgamesh trying to steal Sephiroth's sword during THAT scene if you meet some requirements (possibly nods to other games in the series), enabling a character to survive, maybe failing along the way and getting turned into a Materia summon for the duration of the game's events.
I'd be cool with Gilg showing up.

Also disprove? It was stated factually by the writer of both games. Nothing to disprove as it's an established connection.

Inuhanyou

Expanded Nibelheim flashback in the Lifestream (when Cloud is piecing back together
his real memories

Seeing the lifestream scene in HD...Jesus...yeah remaking certain flashback scenes including Crisis core scenes in that part is also what i wanna see

SOLDIER

Alternate costumes from other Square Enix properties:

Deus Ex outfit for Barret

Soul Rever for Vincent

Life is Strange for Yuffie

Lara Croft for Tifa

etc

Platy

his real memories

Genesis... can stay out of it. I don't hate him as much as everyone else does, but I do want to see more of Zack/consistency with the compilation. Minority opinion, probably.

Would be fun if the cloud hallucination was in SD

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Greatly expand on Cloud's relationship with Aeris and Tifa. Maybe even add in a waifu face petting game.

kaitain19

Cloud finds a time machine, travels to Ivalice, and joins FF Tactics.

You then play a mission literally in FF Tactics in full PS1 graphics.

Better yet, have Cloud bring the flower girl NPC from Tactics (the one that resembles Aerith) into the FF7 world and make her join the party as Aerith's replacement.

Trike

the craziest fan service they could add is ignoring all of the post FF7 release garbage and trying to keep the game in it's own world rather than adding in crap to justify the terrible new characters and stories that they Advent Children, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus gave us. But that's not gonna happen. So being realistic, idk Gackt is motion captured in this new one I don't give a fuck

Inuhanyou

Greatly expand on Cloud's relationship with Aeris and Tifa. Maybe even add in a waifu face petting game.

Plz stahp

the craziest fan service they could add is ignoring all of the post FF7 release garbage and trying to keep the game in it's own world rather than adding in crap to justify the terrible new characters and stories that they Advent Children, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus gave us. But that's not gonna happen. So being realistic, idk Gackt is motion captured in this new one I don't give a fuck

You almost cut me reading all that edge

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Press X to Sit Your Ass Down and Drink Your Goddamn TEA
I hope this line is in the localization. Along with "that #@$% pizza" (which would be toned down to that damn pizza probably)

Also Barret throwing Biggs at the screen, and the hopping save point in the tutorial room. I want all that crazy shit in there.

Edit: OH! Before Crisis (actually the best story of the entire compilation but nobody knows it since it was a Japan only 2006 mobile game) Turks should be in the game somehow, even as offhand mentions or cameos. That's one of my favorite things from the compilation, as it never made sense for a black ops unit to have so few members in the original.

Actually... everyone should read up on BC's story. It gives President Shinra, Rufus, and the Turks we already knew a lot more depth. Reveals why Rufus was in Junon at the beginning of FFVII and other cool stuff without any of it feeling shoehorned like Genesis' inclusion in the Nibelheim scene. My only complaint is that it introduces
another Weapon
but that's one story beat at the very end and is reasonably justifiable if you think about it.

I think there could be a legit way to get seph in the party. Have one of the clones successfully turn into seph but not be evil and then be able to get him in the party.

Cloud7

Craziest would be to allow Aerith to revive which would be an absolutely terrifying mistake that could cripple the game.

Top Bottom