• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the craziest fan-service / content they might add to FF7 Remake? (SPOILERS)

Arkage

Banned
Make her a party member.

Udgfcd8.jpg

She could be the female option if you don't want to play as Cloud.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I want an amazing Gold Saucer with different mini-games from the other FF games.
They should support online too so I can play against other people and take their cards!
Make it so we can get cards and recruit Blitzball players from secret places all over FF7 overworld too!

One can dream...

Just play FFXIV
but you can't talk people's cards.

Brokun

I want an amazing Gold Saucer with different mini-games from the other FF games.
They should support online too so I can play against other people and take their cards!
Make it so we can get cards and recruit Blitzball players from secret places all over FF7 overworld too!

One can dream...

Holy shit a multiplayer component to the Gold Saucer mini games would be amazing.

Laiza

I am 100% certain that they're going to twist on Aerith's death somehow. Everyone knows she dies, so to give the moment the same sort of impact they have to do something to change it up.

Either that or they just play it completely straight. Eh, either way's fine with me.

Cloukyo

Banned
Social Links that influence more than just the date scene. Maxing links lead to better team attached and unlocks moves.

Also, some way to make Jessie, the best girl, somehow survive.

I have a feeling all of part 1 will be in Midgar anyway, with loads of optional side missions. We'll probably see more of her than in the original.

Taruranto

I'd like to see some new materia. Additional story scenes. But imagine if they lost their minds and go totally over the top:

The party finds a time machine in a Shinra laboratory and use it to travel back in time to pre-Nibleheim. Through a series of events Sephiroth joins the party and travels back to the present with them, where they inform him of the truth of his origins, and how present Sephiroth is attempting to destroy the Planet with Jenova and Meteor. Rather than going insane, hero Sephiroth joins the party to fight against himself.

.......it's fun to imagine anyway ;_;

I'm pretty sure a fanfic like this already exists.

Try AO3.

moozoom

Cloud/Barret love scene after their date

I'm afraid they will handle the homo-erotic segments in a very bad way - If they keep it at all ont the final game.

Then again some humor permeates from World of FF, so maybe there is hope that they translate the corny jokes of the 90's into something not homophobic and actually funny.

Besides there is a whole industry of doujinshi creators and readers that would go mad if they cleverly hinted some gay relations (even between the girls).

A revamped Gold Saucer if possible. I like the idea someone mentioned of different FF related minigames. Something like Triple Triad, "PEB"(Pro Evolution Blitzball) and the like.

pbayne

Everything in the original gold saucer is in the remake. Which would be a fairly tall order since SE seems to be doing their best to cut out any fun mini-games for the last few years.

A scene of sephiroth killing the zolem.

I don't care as long as I get a choice between turn-based or action RPG

I hate the new focus towards action RPG - give me turn based

ZenTzen

I'm expcting them to put some stuff
with Aerith in the lifestream

And you'll also gonna be able to go watch the
loveless play at some point as well

I also want them to expand more on characters that lacked it in the OG, like Reeve

Yarbskoo

Turn based active time battle mode.

Fixed camera mode to emulate pre-rendered backgrounds.

A toggle to play a normal remaster instead.

Yarbskoo

If you liked the original, the graphics must have been good enough. You asked for a "normal remaster" and I gave you a link to it.

I did like the original, and I'll probably play it again, but I'd like to play a version of it that's pleasing to my eyes. If I wanted to play a completely different game, I'd just go do that. I already have plenty of completely different games.

Also, if that's your idea of a normal remaster I'd hate to see what you think a bad one is.

Ability to play as Rufus and the Turks instead.

A mode where characters look like their portraits and not the crisis core rubbish in the screenshots so far.

Top Bottom