• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the craziest fan-service / content they might add to FF7 Remake? (SPOILERS)

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Add in some dumb "power of friendship" super limit break where all the party members boost emo Cloud into the air.

Cast Gold Needle on Seto's statue, he becomes a party member.

latest

I just think you could do so much with Fort Condor, given how big they plan on making this. I could well see myself losing hours of gameplay on that location alone if it implemented some RTS.

Also, the Weapons should be brutal. Ridiculously so.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Something corny involving the Shinra FFX tie in would be funny. All these lightning suggestions are stupid.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Something corny involving the Shinra FFX tie in would be funny. All these lightning suggestions are stupid.
Adding in something like a crashed Spiran airship in the descent down to the planet's core or something would be really cool. I mean, Cid had one in Advent Children already anyway.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Adding in something like a crashed Spiran airship in the descent down to the planet's core or something would be really cool.

I forget, FFVII is the one in the supposed future, not FFX, right?

If so, take your idea and just replace that random F16 or whatever crashed fighter is in Bone Village with something from Spira.

If so, take your idea and just replace that random F16 or whatever crashed fighter is in Bone Village with something from Spira.

It's not the same planet, so I think it's doubtful.

And it's an F-14 yah normie.

PaulBizkit

Craziest fan service?

Game ends... credits... post-credit scene appears... Cloud is right next to the airship... a messenger approaches our hero and hands over a letter... it reads "Congratulations, you've been invited to
the Smash Initiative
"... TO BE CONTINUED

Craziest would be to allow Aerith to revive which would be an absolutely terrifying mistake that could cripple the game.

Aeris needs to stay dead, just like Zack.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Yeah, VII is the future. That's not a bad idea, actually.

It's not the same planet, so I think it's doubtful.

And it's an F-14 yah normie.
Shinra's (FFX-2) descendants eventually leave Spira and end up on Gaia.

I think as for more prurient fanservice, I think Tifa's design should be close to the original, but they definitely shouldn't add any jiggle physics bullshit.

Shinra's (FFX-2) descendants eventually leave Spira and end up on Gaia.

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect there to be any Spiran technology like the Fahrenheit lying around.

Piers

Something regarding Gaia herself.
Compilation FFVII as a whole is naff but that superboss from Crisis Core was very interesting from a lore sense.

Beth Cyra

Is it edge? Because dirge of cerberus and advent children being garbage isn't edge, it's the common consensus. Crisis Core was a good game, but not because of Angeal and Genesis.
Advent has a ton of fans, many enjoyed the film.

Common consensus isn't applicable here, even less with Complete existing.

Icolin

Banned
In a sidequest, you literally get to see the entire "Loveless" play. It'll be FFVIIr's version of the FFVI Opera scene

"Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water's surface
The wandering soul knows no rest."

17859-1-1338330126.png

This.

The music could be Loveless by My Bloody Valentine, for good measure.

jjasso21

I actually tried this using a GameShark back in the day. I had Aeris in the party and it did make a few fights easier. The real issue is with certain story elements being altered, mainly the ending.

Craziest fan service?

Game ends... credits... post-credit scene appears... Cloud is right next to the airship... a messenger approaches our hero and hands over a letter... it reads "Congratulations, you've been invited to
the Smash Initiative
"... TO BE CONTINUED

Aeris needs to stay dead, just like Zack.

Something regarding Gaia herself.
Compilation FFVII as a whole is naff but that superboss from Crisis Core was very interesting from a lore sense.

You mean Minvera, the goddess manifestation of Gaia? I don't know how they'd incorporate her without making a full blown sequel to FF7 past Advent Children.

Blackage

Some overly elaborate way to non-canon way to revive Aeris at the end of the game?

I know some people don't like Advent Children but if they could make that playable as an epilogue and maybe clean it up.

Any references to Crisis Core/Dirge.

c-murph

After the game ends, there are playable epilogues for the characters that go on and recreate HD versions of Advent Children & Dirge of Cerberus. Oh, Also, 100% the game gets a KH-like sneak peak at a potential FFVII-2 linking scene.

I wanna see them pull off a Kiwami with a "Sephiroth Everywhere" system. Where Sephiroth appears randomly throughout the game hidden or disguised as various people and he challenges you to a battle everytime.

But seriously, more Cissnei would be nice.

UberTag

But seriously, more Cissnei would be nice.
The logical thing to do here instead of entertaining any nonsense "Aerith resurrection" gimmick which would just sully the impact of her death would be to introduce Cissnei as an optional playable/recruitable character post-Aerith death.

EYEL1NER

Alternate costumes from other Square Enix properties:

Deus Ex outfit for Barret

Soul Rever for Vincent

Life is Strange for Yuffie

Lara Croft for Tifa

etc
Oh, that would be pretty cool. I'm not sure if anyone at Square Enix remembers that Soul Reacer exists though.
They could do Rico from Just Cause and Agent 47 from Hitman. A Wei Shen skin would be pretty great (though pretty 'generic' looking, I guess).

Slyfer

Neo Member
I want to play as Genesis in that awesome flashback in Crisis Core where he fights Sephiroth. I'm sure Genesis and Angeal will probably be in the remake and this is the best way to introduce them all as friends in the past.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I want to play as Genesis in that awesome flashback in Crisis Core where he fights Sephiroth. I'm sure Genesis and Angeal will probably be in the remake and this is the best way to introduce them all as friends in the past.

No.

I want an amazing Gold Saucer with different mini-games from the other FF games.
They should support online too so I can play against other people and take their cards!
Make it so we can get cards and recruit Blitzball players from secret places all over FF7 overworld too!

One can dream...

Top Bottom