• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the one thing Nintendo can announce at E3 that would make GAF explode?

Haunted

Naw, because it would be a gradual collective realization as the show went on.

"Surely they are saving everything for E3."

"Surely they are saving everything for their press conference."

"Surely they are saving the big news for closed door press meetings. Like Oculus in 2012."

"Surely they are saving the big news for the end. Like Fez 2."

*gunshot*
But if the Nintendo fans are all gone because they've shot themselves, who is going to crash the GAF servers?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just hoping for a 2D Metroid and/or some other stuff that interests me on 3DS (3rd party hopefully as I'm mostly over Nintendo franchises).. Mine's gathering dust and none of the announced games interest me much.

Wii U I sold off recently and nothing can excite me (or most people here that aren't remotely interested in Wii U) on that front. A new Metroid Prime would sting a little, but I never liked those games nearly as much as the 2D ones anyway. Otherwise I'm pretty sick of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon et al.

Philippo

Pokèmon MMO.
Actually decent graphics, every pkmn, no monthly fee.
I didn't put this in my E3 list, but if it was to happen, damn Gaf would freak out.

javac

Disney would do so much right with Nintendo. They'd manage the IPs better.

Oh and I assume Nintendo's numerous IP's have lasted a long a they have by chance? You're acting like they're mismanaged when it's the total opposite. The fact that the Wii U is selling as well as it is without any 3rd party support, being weak in comparison to its closest competing system while being only a tiny fraction cheaper even with the massive tech difference shows that people still love Nintendo's IP and will play them at no cost even after all these years even if it's on an unappealing system.

tebunker

Banned
Surprised no one said a Virtual Console overhaul. Not a subscription service but a complete reset with a lot more games better release schedule and better pricing

Synth

Oh and I assume Nintendo's numerous IP's have lasted a long a they have by chance? You're acting like they're mismanaged when it's the total opposite. The fact that the Wii U is selling as well as it is without any 3rd party support, being weak in comparison to its closest competing system while being only a tiny fraction cheaper even with the massive tech difference shows that people still love Nintendo's IP and will play them at no cost even after all these years even if it's on an unappealing system.

Yea, but Disney could still leverage those IPs in other forms of media that would then feed back into game sales. Pixar having access to Nintendo franchises could be huge. And looking at some of the shit Marvel's pulled off so far, some of Nintendo's lesser known IPs and characters could probably be boosted to the point where new game entries would make sense again.

majik13

Oh I know.

Dragons Dogma 2 exclusive for WiiU, sort of like a Bayo2 deal.
Man, the touchscreen inventory would help that game so much.

AmyS

Nintendo buys SEGA and NAMCO and announces the codename for their next home console: TRIFORCE

that name was already taken for the GameCube arcade board

Naw, because it would be a gradual collective realization as the show went on.

"Surely they are saving everything for E3."

"Surely they are saving everything for their press conference."

"Surely they are saving the big news for closed door press meetings. Like Oculus in 2012."

"Surely they are saving the big news for the end. Like Fez 2."

*gunshot*

Honestly, this is actually what I'm expecting. Or they will spend their whole conference time talking about some stupid QOL product.

Surprised no one said a Virtual Console overhaul. Not a subscription service but a complete reset with a lot more games better release schedule and better pricing

I'd be pretty stoked on this actually. Those fools are sitting on a goldmine of classics, and don't seem to care at all. As a gamer, I find this offensive.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
-Reggie steps on stage
-He's looking particularly spiffy today
-"I am pleased to announce the new Nintendo console, right now"
-He shoots himself in the head
-The entire crowd screams while the camera shakily pans out...

...to a TV monitor that is set beside Iwata.
-"Did you think that Reggie was dead? Sorry, he isn't (fake chuckle). This scene was entirely rendered on our new console, the Nintendo Wii U2".
-Iwata shoots himself in the head.
-The camera pans out again.
-Gaben is there to announce Half Life 3.

2330688-0820652777-b9vkk.gif

These graphics and a release date.

Phediuk

GTA6 exclusive to Wii U.

Really, I don't have a serious answer for this topic. Mario/Zelda/Smash are not going to blow anyone's mind who is not already a fan of those franchises.

I fully expect Nintendo's offerings to receive the same tepid reaction as last year.

Linkyn

Nintendo buys SEGA and NAMCO and announces the codename for their next home console: TRIFORCE

that name was already taken for the GameCube arcade board

Don't forget Capcom (though sadly, the name wouldn't quite work anymore, then).

Retro is not working on Metroid. They are working on a brand new sci fi RPG to rival Mass Effect!

:(

Poor retro. All that wasted potential.

Converse

Banned
Zelda is virtually guaranteed to be there. I'd also say we have a good chance of seeing Retro's post-Donkey Kong project, which could very well be Metroid or a new IP. The combination of those two should be enough to throttle GAF for a bit.

kirby_fox

Banned
- Nintendo announces release dates for all their games announced coming this year- Yarn Yoshi, SMT X FE, Smash 4, Bayo 2, etc.
- They go right into showing off 3DS titles for this year: Metroid, Advanced Wars, F-Zero
- Then to Wii U: Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda
- Show off exclusive 3rd party titles co-developed by Nintendo: Sonic, Mega Man, Metal Gear Solid, Rayman, Castlevania, and a lot of older character-driven IP titles.

Then the bombs drop

- Nintendo partnered with a company to create connected accounts across their systems. The company created an emulator that works on both 3DS and Wii U so well they are releasing every NES/SNES title from Nintendo TODAY. Third parties have signed up to use the emulation and are preparing their titles.
- The Wii U and 3DS get an update. No longer need to use Wii mode on Wii U for your games, can access NES/SNES titles across both platforms. Those who have bought it on both get money in their wallet. Also updates ambassador titles with more options.
- 3DS titles can be made 3D easier, and so only cost $1 to upgrade to a 3D version.
- N64 and Dreamcast titles coming to Wii U with an HD update. Popular Gamecube games will be remade in HD like Windwaker. Prime is first to see HD remake.
- Nintendo also announces that Capcom is bringing all of their Nintendo titles to VC.
- They are in talks to make Capcom an exclusive partner with Nintendo. Not a buy out, but you'll only find Capcom games on Nintendo consoles from now on. A 3DS remake of the second RE is their first in a long partnership.
- Huge exclusive deal with 2K to create a sports game lineup. First game is 2K presents Nintendo All Star Baseball '15. They suggest a football and basketball title are also coming.
- Nintendo partnered up with a bunch of indie developers and gave them a chance to take a Nintendo IP for an eShop title. 1080 Snowboarding and Geist are first IPs to get eShop sequels.

I'm pretty sure just a fraction of this will make this place explode.

Difference between DEVELOPED by and PUBLISHED by. Manufacturers don't get credit for an IP that was created and developed by a third party. Sorry.

And Steeldiver? Really? You do realize it wasn't a brand new IP... right? And if that is an IP you want to put your hat on then have at it...

I'll give you Wii Sports, Nintendo Land, and Wii Music. The only one that was actually a quality new IP was Wii Sports. Yea, Nintendo sure has been releasing new IP's...

Sony had Infamous, Last of Us, Uncharted, and others for the PS3. They already have announced a couple more for the PS4. Nintendo?

So yes, I'd love a new IP for Nintendo to be announced. One that was actually quality and required a bit more investment than what they've done of recent with new IP's.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Difference between DEVELOPED by and PUBLISHED by. Manufacturers don't get credit for an IP that was created and developed by a third party. Sorry.

Get the fuck out of here. That's a new one! Those IPs are all owned by Nintendo. Maaaayyybe except Wonderful 101.

Get the fuck out of here. That's a new one! Those IPs are all owned by Nintendo. Maaaayyybe except Wonderful 101.

Again... developed by and published by. There is a difference. And no, I will not get out of here. At least you admit that the Wonderful 101 doesn't belong on that list.

Also, Sin and Punishment don't belong on that list either since Nintendo was just the publisher.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Again... developed by and published by. There is a difference. And no, I will not get out of here. At least you admit that the Wonderful 101 doesn't belong on that list.

Gears of War is an IP that will never leave the Xbox, yet it's made (until now) by a third-party.

It's not about who published/developed it, it's about who owns the rights the to IP.

Gears of War is an IP that will never leave the Xbox, yet it's made (until now) by a third-party.

It's not about who published/developed it, it's about who owns the rights the to IP.

Nope. Because the IP wasn't created by Microsoft, it was created by Epic who sold the IP to Microsoft. It still wasn't a new IP by Microsoft, sorry. Also, Nintendo didn't create Wonderful 101 or Sin and Punishment. They simply published the games.

Oh, I did forget Wii Fit...

Top Bottom