• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your guilty pleasure movies?

Firenze1

Banned
I am a sucker for disaster movies and the core from 2003 is a real guilty pleasure of mine.

The_Core_poster.jpg

There is something fascinating about traveling to Earths core.

I have also seen snakes on a plane many times lol.

Edit: i want to add 9th gate from 1999. So moody with the devil thing.

p23834_p_v8_ae.jpg

I second Van Helsing.
The Transformers films, Superman 3, the Schumacher Batman films, Godzilla Final Wars. All these films amuse me greatly, they're always a fun watch, ironically or not.

And Jupiter Ascending. Oh god, Jupiter Ascending. So much fun. Even if he goes on to win 20 Oscars, I will never ever take Eddie Redmayne seriously. His performance is so goddamn hilarious. And I genuinely love the Wachowski's visuals despite the movie being a nonsensical trash fire.

Nothing to feel guilty about, it's a solid movie, regardless of the source material.

Poppy

i also unironically enjoy "freddy got fingered" a great deal

but i dont feel guilt about that!

law abiding citizen is kind of a ridiculous ugly movie so i do feel strange whenever i watch it

oh yeah and i have watched the Saw series of films at least 3 times each, but i think i might be over that phase of my life

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Some of these movies are legit good movies that you should not feel guilty about. The Ninth Gate is great.

If I had one movie though:

Grandma%27s_Boy_poster.jpg

I can basically quote every line of this movie from heart.

JWiLL

Banned
Pretty much any Van Damme movie. Something like "Hard Target" is generally considered a good action movie, but I'll watch "The Quest" and still enjoy it. I absolutely love 90s Van Damme, even the movies which were simply made to fund his coke habit.

I also love "Your Highness" and think it's a super underrated comedy. I always laughed at the reviews which lambasted it for not being good enough as a fantasy epic...I mean of course it's fucking not. That's the joke.

Plus...you know, Natalie Portman and Zoey Deschanel.

Who gives the warmest hugs?!

The original 8 Paramount Friday the 13th films. They are all schlock rip-offs with a literal template, but I can't help but love their atmosphere, gratuity, and just general overall aesthetic. There was a F13 + NOES thread recently actually.

Personal preference: 6 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 7 > 5 > 8

Titanic. Not cause it's a bad movie or anything but because of how much I love it and how many times I've watched it. I'll never let go Jack...

Raven117

Gold Member
The answer is the original Point Break.
The absolute best "awesomely bad" movie on the planet.

Followed probably by Top Gun.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
The answer is the original Point Break.
The absolute best "awesomely bad" movie on the planet.

Followed probably by Top Gun.

The fuck? Point Break absolutely rules, I just watched it today actually. I can't believe anyone would consider it a bad/guilty pleasure movie man, breaks my heart. Aged well too imo.

I watched Transformers (2007) a stupid amount during 2008. Although I consider it a decent movie, it's not that amazing.
Nowadays…Strange Magic, maybe? I don't watch it that often, but I enjoy it for what it is despite it being kind of a big mess.

I'd add The Room, but it's legit comedy gold. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Venture

Mostly cheesy 80's stuff I've got some nostalgia for. Like Maximum Overdrive and Ice Pirates.
hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

... and Tank Girl.
I think Tank Girl is a genuinely good movie so I can't feel guilty about liking it. Really stylish and fun.

DJ_Lae

I also love "Your Highness" and think it's a super underrated comedy. I always laughed at the reviews which lambasted it for not being good enough as a fantasy epic...I mean of course it's fucking not. That's the joke.

Plus...you know, Natalie Portman and Zoey Deschanel.

Who gives the warmest hugs?!

It's dumb as shit but it never pretended to be anything else. I love it too - basically feels like a movie version of fucking around with your friends in D&D.

qYWUBT4.gif

Voror

There's a few but the first one that comes to mind is Dungeons and Dragons.

Jeremy Irons is glorious in it.

Top Bottom