• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your guilty pleasure movies?

bender

What time is it?
MV5BMjE3ODMxNzU3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQzMTM3NA@@._V1_.jpg

Live in Korea from 92-96 and rented every movie that was in English from the local rental shops. Tank Girl is my favorite guilty pleasure from that era.

gamz

The answer is the original Point Break.
The absolute best "awesomely bad" movie on the planet.

Followed probably by Top Gun.

These threads are always awful. Many of these are legit good movies.

Can't buy me love and Men at Work.

i watched The Core in my high school biology class at the end of the year

it's such a terrible movie but it spawned some in-jokes between myself and my classmates so i can't hate it too much

Dynomutt

Passenger 57
Dropzone
US Marshalls
Blade
Under Siege 1 and 2
Demolition Man
Art of War
Alien Nation
Wargames
Surviving the Game
The Musketeer
Above the Law
MiB

If i think of more i'll edit too many to list lol!

Some of these movies are legit good movies that you should not feel guilty about. The Ninth Gate is great.

If I had one movie though:

Grandma%27s_Boy_poster.jpg

I can basically quote every line of this movie from heart.

This movie is TRASH AND I LOVE IT.
it makes me cringe physically but also laugh. The fact is has an original song baffles me.

Lima

These threads are always awful. Many of these are legit good movies.

Can't buy me love and Men at Work.

These threads always suck because the concept of guilty pleasures is stupid as hell and shouldn't exist.

Either you like something or you don't. Also liking something that's generally considered bad is called having your own opinion. Don't try to be so insecure and just admit that you enjoyed whatever thing.

Poppy

These threads always suck because the concept of guilty pleasures is stupid as hell and shouldn't exist.

Either you like something or you don't. Also liking something that's generally considered bad is called having your own opinion. Don't try to be so insecure and just admit that you enjoyed whatever thing.

y r u being so serious

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

You can still like something knowing full well it's an awful product, so the concept is not stupid

Guilty pleasure doesn't have to mean you feel guilty about liking something, but rather that you are guilty of liking something that is generally panned.

Daingurse

Nah, I don't get this. I'm not going to claim something is good just because I like it. That's not how I think. Like, I'm not going to sit here and try and say Volcano (1997) is a good movie. But do I like it? Hell yeah. That's a guilty pleasure.

51B0H48A4VL.jpg

I couldn't even begin to tell you why

This is a good one. There were so many scenes that had me in tears, like the privy/bathroom scene.

Thought of another

51_U6_HUK2a_TL.jpg

Eddie Murphy was fucking hilarious in this. Basically if Floyd Mayweather wasn't a total piece of shit.

Die Hard, Ghostbusters, Clue, Predator, Big Trouble in Little China, The Hunt for Red October.

I've watched them endless times and will continue to watch them endless times, because it feels so warm and fuzzy good.

As far as TV shows go, Spartacus is absolutely a guilty pleasure, and I could easily rewatch the entire series (for the fourth time) at the drop of a hat. Just pure satisfaction throughout.

Schlorgan

220px-Poster_-_Fast_and_Furious_Tokyo_Drift.jpg

220px-Spider-Man_3%2C_International_Poster.jpg

220px-Small_soldiers_movie_poster.jpg

I think Surf Ninjas and The Mummy Returns would count too, but it's been too long since I've seen them to list them here.

Bayformers 1 3, and now maybe 5 the latest one. They are all entirely too long, I hate how the plot is just thrown at you in a quick way too self aware 2 minute scene, nonsense slow-mo, epic music for epic music sake, the weird "urban bots, ESPECIALLY IN THE NEWEST!" and American flag/military showcase the movie.

But damn if I don't love Starscream, the transformation sounds are good, and in general I don't mind them as a whole. Though I can count on one hand how much ive seen each.

Escaflowne the movie. Just for the opening and ending. What a baller soundtrack too. Boring movie though.

Mean Girls... I'm a 29 year old black man, but Holy shit this movie is hilarious.

Cheesy teen movies from the late early 2000's. Stuff like when whats her face... Julia Styles or something was popular. Movies like 10 Things I hate about you, and what not. Love the towns they are in. Can't really remember the movies that well though haha. I'm nostalgic for them though, probably cause I was in my pre-teen years then.

bebop242

Some of these movies are legit good movies that you should not feel guilty about. The Ninth Gate is great.

If I had one movie though:

Grandma%27s_Boy_poster.jpg

I can basically quote every line of this movie from heart.

This. Love it.

Another one that I've only met one other person in real life who knows it and likes it is the movie Freaked. Corny ass movie but its one of my favorites.

Grandma's Boy
Demons 1 and 2
Almost every Lucio Fulci film
Footloose (the original)
Most slasher films
Bad 90s anime like Vampire Wars and MD Geist
Clueless

Hardware is fantastic pick.

Your other post is....legit good films. Why would you feel guilty about it?
Just that I've watched them so many damn times. They're like oxygen. Or something akin to gorging myself on ice-cream. But yeah, probably not what the OP had in mind.

FYI - If you ever need to tranquilize me, just pop one of those on the TV and I'm good.

gamz

Just that I've watched them so many damn times. They're like oxygen.

If you ever need to tranquilize me, just pop one of those on the TV and I'm good.

Makes sense.

I probably watched Wedding Crashers and Austin Powers an embarrassing amount of times.

jett

D-Member
Rocky IV
draaaaaaagoooooooo.gif

But I actually think it's fucking awesome despite the cheese so I don't know if I really do have guilty pleasures.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll go with Brüno. Can't seriously say it's a good movie, but hell if my friends and I don't enjoy it! We watched it together several times, and it never gets old.

Borat and The Dictator are legitimately good movies though.

Frozen.

I'm a grown ass man, but I'll even rock the sound track.
I have some of the songs on my phone. It's fun indeed.

Top Bottom