• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where I beat and review every unbeaten Xbox 360 game I own.

I have made a vow as of late to finish everything I start. As with many people, I just sit around on unfinished things, and never get back to them. But with the start of the New Year, I have made a vow to try my hardest to finish every single thing I start, whether it be a short story or a video game. I started this last week by practicing really hard and competing in a GAF F1 2011 race, which made me feel very accomplished despite destroying half my car.

With that said, I own a shit ton of Xbox 360 games that I have never beaten, and some that I have never even played. This is more than just a backlog. This is an obstacle I need to overcome in order to feel good about going into next generation. I chose the 360 specifically, as you can tell, because I own way too many games for it, whereas I only own about 30 for the PS3 and 30 for the Wii.

As such, I will randomly select a game I haven't beaten, and beat that game (not worrying about achievements), and not only that, I will review it and give comments about it throughout. It will be part of my therapy, and while no one cares about this, it is something I am doing myself, and if I just kept this to myself in a Word Document or something, I guarantee I would never finish it.

Here are my list of Xbox 360 games (bolded ones with scores are ones I've beaten already):

[Prototype]
- 4/5
007: Blood Stone - 4/5
Ace Combat 6
Aegis Wing - 3/5
Afro Samurai - 2/5
Alan Wake - 3.5/5
Alien Hominid HD
Alone in the Dark
Alpha Protocol - 4.5/5
American Wasteland - 3/5
Arcania: Gothic 4 - 1.5/5
Arkadian Warriors - 2.5/5
Army of Two
Assassin’s Creed
Assassin’s Creed 2
Assault on Dark Athena
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 5/5
Battlefield 1943 - 4/5
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Bayonetta
Beautiful Katamari
Beowulf
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Blazblue
Blue Dragon - 4/5
Boom Boom Rocket
Borderlands - 4.5/5
Brutal Legend
Bully - 4/5
Burnout Paradise
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Call of Duty Classic
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4 - 5/5
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 5/5
Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez 2
Castle Crashers - 4/5
Castlevania HD - 4/5
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 4/5
Chromehounds
Civil War
College Hoops 2K6
Contra
Crackdown - 4/5
Crackdown 2
Crysis
Darkness
Dark Sector - 4/5
Dark Void
Darksiders
Dash of Destruction
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit - 2/5
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - 3/5
Dead Space
Deathspank
Devil May Cry 4
DiRT
DiRT3
Divinity II
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements - 3/5
Doom
Doritos Crash Course
Dragon Age: Origins
Fight Night Round 3 - 4.5/5
Fight Night Round 4 - 4/5
Eat Lead
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata - 4.5/5
FEAR
F1 2011 - 4/5
Fable II - 3.5/5
Fable III
Fallout 3 - 5/5
Fallout: New Vegas - 4/5
Far Cry 2
Feeding Frenzy
Final Fantasy XIII
Forza Motorsport 2
Forza Motorsport 3
Fracture - 3/5
Frogger
Fuel
Full Auto
Galaga Legions
Gears of War
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
GRID - 5/5
Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes
Guilty Gear 2
Guitar Hero III - 4/5
Guitar Hero: World Tour - 3/5
Gun - 4/5
Halo 2
Halo 3 - 3/5
Halo 3: ODST - 3/5
Halo: Reach
Harm’s Way - 2/5
Hexic HD
Hydrophobia
Infinite Undiscovery - 4/5
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Kameo - 3/5
King Kong - 3/5
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom - 1.5/5
Left 4 Dead - 3.5/5
Left 4 Dead 2
Lego Batman
Lost Odyssey - 3.5/5
Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth 2
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Luxor 2
Madden NFL 06
Madden NFL 07
Madden NFL 08

Madden NFL 10
Magic: The Gathering
Magna Carta 2
Man vs. Wild
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mass Effect - 4/5
Mass Effect 2 - 3/5
Medal of Honor - 3/5
Mega Man 9 - 5/5
Mega Man 10 - 3.5/5
Mercenaries 2
Mirror’s Edge - 3/5
MLB 2K6
Monster Madness
NASCAR 08
NASCAR 09 - 4/5
NASCAR The Game 2011 - 3.5/5
NBA 2K6
NBA 2K8
Nier - 3/5
Ninety-Nine Nights - 2/5
Ninja Gaiden 2
Oblivion - 3/5
Operation Darkness
Overlord
Pac-Man CE
Perfect Dark - 4.5/5
Perfect Dark Zero - 1/5
Phantasy Star II - 3.5/5
Phantasy Star Universe - 1/5
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Project Sylpheed
Puzzle Quest
Puzzle Quest 2
Quake 4
Quantum of Solace - 2.5/5
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 4 - 5/5
Resident Evil 5 - 3.5/5
Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Record of Agarest War
Red Dead Redemption - 4.5/5
Red Faction: Guerrilla - 4/5
Resonance of Fate - 5/5
Rise of the Argonauts
Risen
Rocket Knight - 3.5/5
Sacred 2
Saint’s Row
Saint’s Row 2
Samurai Warriors 2
Saw - 3/5
Scott Pilgrim
Sega Superstar Tennis - 3.5/5
Shadows of the Damned - 2.5/5
Shrek the Third - 2/5
Skate
Skyrim
Smash Court Tennis 3
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
Sonic the Hedgehog - 4/5
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 5/5
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - 3/5
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - 3.5/5
Sonic & Knuckles - 3.5/5
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection - 5/5
Soul Calibur IV
Spectral Force 3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 3.5/5
Stuntman: Ignition
Super Contra
Super Meat Boy
Superman Returns
Tales of Vesperia - 2.5/5
Tom Cuhlancy’s End War
Tom Cuhlancy’s GRAW
Tom Cuhlancy’s GRAW 2
Tom Cuhlancy’s Poop on Your Toothpaste: Rainbow Six Vegas Edition
Tekken 6
Tenchu Z
Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground
The Force Unleashed
The Last Remnant
The Orange Box
The Outfit
The Sims 3
Thrillville: Off the Rails - 4/5
Timeshift
Tinker
TMNT
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk’s Project 8
Too Human - 1.5/5
Torchlight - 4.5/5
Trials HD - 4/5
Two Worlds - 3/5
Two Worlds II
Uno
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement
Viking
Virtua Fighter 5
Viva Pinata - 4.5/5
Viva Pinata 2
Viva Pinata: Party Animals
Way of the Samurai 3
X-Men Arcade: Welcome to Die Edition - 3/5
Zoids Assault

Next:

1824049-box_mcarta2.png

Shit balls, I didn't want a long RPG to be my first one. Oh well. I enjoyed the little I played of it before, and glad I picked a good game.

Next up after this are:

1. Sonic Unleashed
2. Beyond Good and Evil HD
3. Deathspank

Lots of downloadable games picked, which is good for now since I think I left my CD-case full of games at home.

Phatcorns

Good luck, I'd love to actually see someone successfully complete their backlog by actually finishing every game, but I don't think it's possible. Usually our backlogs are filled with too many crappy games.

Good luck, I'd love to actually see someone successfully complete their backlog by actually finishing every game, but I don't think it's possible. Usually our backlogs are filled with too many crappy games.

I dread the day when I randomly pick Operation Darkness or Smash Court Tennis 3.

amar212

Microsoft sure does love people like you man.

All that money.. but sincere congratulations on the forecoming effort, respect. I wish you good luck.

my backlog was at zero probably 8 months ago. it certainly helped that the deepest it got was I think 25 games at the time, but still. Felt good to be at zero. I couldn't hold it though, especially after this Xmas. Currently at 33, which compared to most of us here, is not that bad still

luffeN

Good luck from me too! My 2012 rule is to buy a game, finish it, buy another one. Even if two blockbusters come out on the same day! As for my backlog.. I just reset it and that's that.

Manp

I have made a vow as of late to finish everything I start.

i'm trying to do the same. as an example i started playing Assassin's Creed in 2007 and finished it last week.
i did it because after beating and having a blast with AC2 and BH i felt like it needed to be done. sill a terrible game like i thought it was when i stopped playing.

now i have a pretty huge list waiting...

:)

Good luck.

But, i must say, Two Worlds and Nier having the same score makes my brain hurt. But to each his own. Except when his own is different than mine.

I find it a little scary you gave Bloodstone a higher score than many awesome games like Alan Wake, ODST or Vesperia.

Opinions are opinions, but mine is that Bloodstone is a prime example of stealing others ideas, poorly implementing them and then relying on a license to shift copies.

The Two Worlds over Nier thing is based off from how much I loved the hell out of Two Worlds. It had such a fun world to explore, and I love the character progression. The god awful bugs and voice acting made me love it even more. It's the definition of a 1/5 game that I like immensely solely because of how bad it is.

And Blood Stone, I'm not sure I loved it so much. There is nothing spectacular about it, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it either. It is the only game to make me feel like James Bond though, which was a huge boost in my opinion of it. That, and I loved the vehicle sections. I also hated Alan Wake's absolutely repetitive gameplay, and there was never anything to break any of it up. It seemingly went on forever, and every single chapter started out the same way. I couldn't stand that. I'm also not a big Halo fan at all, and find the campaigns to be very boring, but I can see the appeal for everyone else.

And I have a long hatred for most Tales games, and Vesperia is no exception. I don't really want to explain why, because I know it's a loved series, and I respect that most everyone loves the game.

Anyways, I have been playing Phantasy Star II, and it's so archaic and wonderful. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss just spending forever grinding in games. I also never played any Genesis RPGs as a kid, so being able to play them now with this and Ultimate Genesis Collection feels really nice, even though they don't hold up nearly as well as SNES ones, in my opinion.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So, should we turn this into an Extreme Backlog Completion thread?

Just Cause 2 is sitting up there un-bolded. This is completely unacceptable.

The game is super overwhelming, and I got bored of it after a few hours. But I now have superior PC version, and even though it's technically not the 360 version, I am going to play that version as part of the list.

I plan on just doing the story missions next, since I got bored from running around doing absolutely nothing.

Phantasy Star II is so damn fun. I wish I played the first one first, but that one is even more archaic. xP

Satchel

Banned
Good luck to you man. But by beat, do you mean all achievements? Or just beat them?

Because I've beat almost all of my 500 or so games that I own (across almost 50 consoles), but for the 360 and PS3, it's all the trophies and achievements I want to get.
Which is essentially impossibly given so many developers waster their fucking time with online achievements most regular people can never get given the communities for most games outside CoD, Halo and Gears are either non-existent or die within days.

Best thing CoD ever did was not have online achievements.

Good luck to you man. But by beat, do you mean all achievements? Or just beat them?

Because I've beat almost all of my 500 or so games that I own (across almost 50 consoles), but for the 360 and PS3, it's all the trophies and achievements I want to get.
Which is essentially impossibly given so many developers waster their fucking time with online achievements most regular people can never get given the communities for most games outside CoD, Halo and Gears are either non-existent or die within days.

Best thing CoD ever did was not have online achievements.

Just beating the games. I would never do this with this many games if it meant doing all of the achievements, since most of them would probably be impossible at this point due to their onlines being all dead more than likely.

I, too, loathe online achievements.

Took a break from Phantasy Star II to play another game, and Aegis Wing came up. I beat that, so there's my first one off that list! Not exactly a game I can review since I'm not very knowledgeable about the genre, but I can tell that it's a beginner version, and it definitely showed since I had no trouble beating it my first time through.

Now to continue grinding in Phantasy Star II. So nice!

Just wondering, did you ever touch the online mode of Phantasy Star Universe? The storyline was absolutely terrible but I played the hell out of the online for years.

I feel sorry for you for having to beat Sonic 2006, good luck on Crisis City and it's grinding rails that somehow want to be invisible randomly.

Just wondering, did you ever touch the online mode of Phantasy Star Universe? The storyline was absolutely terrible but I played the hell out of the online for years.

I feel sorry for you for having to beat Sonic 2006, good luck on Crisis City and it's grinding rails that somehow want to be invisible randomly.

I never played online in PSU because I didn't want to pay for an online mode that really shouldn't have to be paid for.

But the story mode is probably the worst story/single player of any RPG I've ever played. It is unbelievably terrible, and Ethan Dickbag is the worst main character to ever exist.

Midou

Shocked to see SO4 over Vesperia. SO4's combat was the only thing it had going for it, awful characters, awful story, awful artstyle.

Shocked to see SO4 over Vesperia. SO4's combat was the only thing it had going for it, awful characters, awful story, awful artstyle.

The thing is, Vesperia had mediocre to terrible everything in my opinion (including battle system). SO4 had terrible characters, story, artstyle. But because it had the greatest JRPG battle system I've ever played, it brought it up a hell of a lot.

Midou

The thing is, Vesperia had mediocre to terrible everything in my opinion (including battle system). SO4 had terrible characters, story, artstyle. But because it had the greatest JRPG battle system I've ever played, it brought it up a hell of a lot.

I liked the characters in Vesperia for the most part. Greatest JRPG battle system seems like a pretty big stretch, especially when you can basically win all fights with your eyes closed.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
how the fuck do people have such backlogs!? have some self-restraint and buy a game only when you have nothing else. you'll save a shit ton of cash

how the fuck do people have such backlogs!? have some self-restraint and buy a game only when you have nothing else. you'll save a shit ton of cash

Most of the games I got on sale for less than $5 or $10. I wouldn't have saved any money if I had just waited to buy them. Hell, most of them were less than $2, hence why I have so many garbage bargain bin ones, but if I get a couple of hours out of them, it's worth it.

Top Bottom