• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the fuck is Final Fantasy XV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asd202

Why are people surprised by this? Tell me your reasons.I would love to know because there was NOTHING absolutely nothing that would indicate that XV would be shown.
The game ia clearly set for Holiday 2015 Japan and Spring 2016 US/EU.

No it's not. It's a very little chance for a late 2015. It's more like late 2016 and beyond title.

I-hate-u

It boggles my mind that this game was announced 8 years ago. If this is not a money pit, I don't know what is. How can this game ever be profitable?

LAA

You can bet your ass that if it shows up at TGS, and that's a big if, it will be some closed theater bullshit once again.

Because really, why would you want to show a game that doesn't exist.

I bet behind closed doors would just be the same trailer shown before anyway...ha ha. The public isnt even ready for the same trailer anymore.

E3 trailer was a bullshot I take it? Because that looked like a game that was like a year away at the most. Instead, a year later its not being mentioned at all.

Vapourware. SEriously what could be going so bad that they couldn't show us anything. Here's hoping for a trickle of information at TGS.

UrbanRats

E3 2015:

ijqzslULyXQHe.gif

HeelPower

How incompetent do you need to be to take this long to release a fucking video game? They have millions of dollars and hundreds of people to throw at this project what the fuck is going on over there?

When was this game announced? 2006? What game is worth 10 years of development?

It's pathetic and sad, Square was the company that made me fall in love with RPGs.

Honestly maybe the game just needs a lot of time to be a good game.

They are probably capable of pumping stuff at a high speed ,but the result can be garbage such as LR and XIII-2.

Bruno MB

They must be too busy remastering Final Fantasy Type-0 HD which is the nearest release and they don't want Final Fantasy XV to steal the spotlight. First was Final Fantasy XIII-2, then Final Fantasy XIV, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster and now Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. They always find an excuse to not focus on Final Fantasy XV lol

Musolf815

They announced it too early in 2006 when hardly anyone was working on it (I could be wrong on that though), but I was hoping that after the 2013 re-reveal they'd do better...nope back to silence. I'm curious as to when full production actually started on the game.

At this point how much has SE put into FF15? Is this why we got so many sequels to 13? To fund FF15? When was Duke Forever first shown? FF15 has to give its record of delays a run for its money. We are getting real fucking close on 10 years for FF15

Jesus fuck. I sound like a climate change denier or 9/11 truther at this point, but a few legitimate points--

• This show, from general tradition and dates given, are titles for the next 12 months.
  • Everything shown for the PS4 was either a new reveal or an old reveal with a release date.
Stuff like FF, KH and TLG would all be void from inclusion in this presentation if those rules are strictly obeyed.

Edit: They were also all games that were exclusive to Sony (in Japan). FF (and KH I guess) would not fit that bill.

Eggbok

You guys havent realized the pattern? 1 new trailer every other year. with minimal to no new info in the alternate year. 2015 is the big year for XV, WATCH. release date too.

They announced it too early in 2006 when hardly anyone was working on it (I could be wrong on that though), but I was hoping that after the 2013 re-reveal they'd do better...nope back to silence. I'm curious as to when full production actually started on the game.

September 2011 was when full production started.

HTupolev

If it were simply a big project taking its time, the 2013 footage likely wouldn't have been followed by a lengthy awkward silence.

It's quite likely that something is still wrong with the game's development.

Famassu

It boggles my mind that this game was announced 8 years ago. If this is not a money pit, I don't know what is.
A game that was announced 8 years ago which was basically worked on by no more than a few people for 4 years is not a money pit of 8 years. FFVsXIII's development didn't begin in any kind of meaningful way until 2010, then it was 1,5 years with a relatively small team until mid-2011, when full development began. Then they moved the project fully to PS4Bone in 2012. The first 1,5 years after they began working on the game in early 2010 was with a team of maybe a couple/few dozen people, so it isn't something that they spent hundreds of millions of dollars on at that point.

In reality, FFXV hasn't been in development for much longer than games like Xenoblade X, MGS5, Persona 5 and games like that. Of course people like to ignore facts, so very few ever take this into account.

As to the question, it COULD still be at TGS proper, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, KHIII wasn't at Sony's last year's event but was shown elsewhere, so SQEX could be doing the same this year. It's not like most other publishers showed anything too meaningful at this event either and SQEX didn't even show Type-0 HD which we know is 80% complete and thus should be ready to be shown at this point, but they held it back.

But yeah, I'm not really expecting FFXV to be at TGS. Maybe they'll show it at Jump Festa in December, but probably not too much sooner.

MilesTeg

Banned
The worst thing is how they said back in 2013 that information on the game would be coming more openly or more frequently or something. Now they have gone completely dark for over a year.

They are probably capable of pumping stuff at a high speed ,but the result can be garbage such as LR and XIII-2.

Or maybe they just need to take a good hard look in the mirror and reevaluate how they make and reveal games because quite honestly, they're the worst of the big publishers when it comes to this.

Zok310

Banned
The worst thing is how they said back in 2013 that information on the game would be coming more openly or more frequently or something. Now they have gone completely dark for over a year.

They meant a whole year of utter silence.
I swear SE are clowns.

Rosur

I do hope it comes out next year... Though if we don't hear anything by E3 2015 I'm expecting it not too.

A game that was announced 8 years ago which was basically worked on by no more than a few people for 4 years is not a money pit of 8 years. FFVsXIII's development didn't begin in any kind of meaningful way until 2010, then it was 1,5 years with a relatively small team until mid-2011, when full development began. Then they moved the project fully to PS4Bone in 2012. The first 1,5 years after they began working on the game in early 2010 was with a team of maybe a couple/few dozen people, so it isn't something that they spent hundreds of millions of dollars on at that point.

In reality, FFXV hasn't been in development for much longer than games like Xenoblade X, MGS5, Persona 5 and games like that. Of course people like to ignore facts, so very few ever take this into account.

As to the question, it COULD still be at TGS proper, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, KHIII wasn't at Sony's last year's event but was shown elsewhere, so SQEX could be doing the same this year. It's not like most other publishers showed anything too meaningful at this event either and SQEX didn't even show Type-0 HD which we know is 80% complete and thus should be ready to be shown at this point, but they held it back.

But yeah, I'm not really expecting FFXV to be at TGS. Maybe they'll show it at Jump Festa in December, but probably not too much sooner.

I love you breh but idk how can you keep reasoning and defending SE it's time they felt some heat for being a bunch of incompetent fools

Asd202

That's not really how it is. The game has been in pre-production for years, the design and concepts were being worked on since 2006, they even had a game up and running on PS3. When it swiched platform to the PS4 they didn't have to start from scrach like with all those games you listed and even than all of these 3 games will come out in 2015 while XV won't. There's clearly some wrong with it's development because full development doesn't take for 4+ years unless it's an MMO maybe.

At this point how much has SE put into FF15? Is this why we got so many sequels to 13? To fund FF15?

Realistically, they realized that HD development was way more work than they anticipated and they decided to recycle the world/assets of XIII rather than start from scratch with Versus and do a half-assed job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom