• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the fuck is Final Fantasy XV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chev

People keep saying it's because of mismanagement, or there are serious issues with its development, but is there any evidence of such? Sure, these are possible reasons, but it seems to be wild speculation based on nothing.
The GDmag postmortems of both FF12 and FF13 admitted those projects were seriously mismanaged so yes. All the visible symptoms are the same for FF15 so if it sounds like a duck...

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
I think the observation is that if this game wasn't stuck in development hell, it would have been released on the PS3 many years ago.

I don't buy that anymore. At this point it's an emotional response, we want to blame someone for incompetence. Truth is Square Enix is not a AAA title company anymore. Square is mobile, games-as-service and mid tier title company.

Hindle

Banned
Hilarious to think that this project was in development hell for the PS3, and is now in the same posisition for the PS4.

The thing is, SE will have spent a ridiculious amount of money on this game over the last 8 years as it is. And since it's still no way near being finished, they're going to have spend even more. Plus, add marketing as well, and the conclusion I come to is FF XV will be what sinks SE.

Ushiwaka

Maybe it will be at TGS? This was pre-TGS Sony conference. Just because they didn't show it here doesn't mean it won't be at TGS.

watershed

Banned
I don't buy that anymore. At this point it's an emotional response, we want to blame someone for incompetence. Truth is Square Enix is not a AAA title company anymore. Square is mobile, games-as-service and mid tier title company.
I'm a little unclear on your meaning. Yes, SE has shifted a lot of their focus to mobile gaming. But the game that was originally titled VersusXIII was announced many, many years ago as in development for the PS3. It never released on the PS3. It hasn't been released at all. They spent god knows how much money developing a product for so many years but have yet to actually release said product. This is clear mismanagement.

If your argument is that SE is now focused on mobile so big games like FFXV are no longer their focus, they still spent all that time and money making it. So how is it not mismanagement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom