• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's Too Human?

Odysseus

Banned
sangreal said:
I thought Mass Effect was always Winter

It was pitched as Winter 06/07, at some point 06 was given as the release date with a wink, then they admitted it was completely 07. I say the later the better, but that's just my own selfishness talking.

clashfan

I'm willing to wait and give this game a chance. Eternal Darkness was a good game so I still have high hopes for this game.

Odysseus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
is this still a trilogy?

Oh, it makes you want to cringe, doesn't it? HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE!

In actuality, I believe they've confirmed there's some simultaneous development going on. Once they get all the engine work done and the game mechanics nailed down, it shouldn't be so hard to finalize the latter two games (but what do I know, I'm not a developer). Insomniac and Naughty Dog managed to get sequels out every year or so, and Ubisoft did the same with Prince of Persia, and all of those games were well received.

border

Odysseus said:
Insomniac and Naughty Dog managed to get sequels out every year or so, and Ubisoft did the same with Prince of Persia, and all of those games were well received.
Yeah, but those guys are, y'know, accomplished developers.

GhaleonEB

Odysseus said:

In actuality, I believe they've confirmed there's some simultaneous development going on. Once the get all the engine work done and the game mechanics nailed down, it shouldn't be so hard to finalize the latter two games (but what do I know, I'm not a developer). Insomniac and Naughty Dog managed to get sequels out every year or so, and Ubisoft did the same with Prince of Persia, and all of those games were well received.
I looked at your avatar and thought I was in the Mass Effect thread. But good to know about Too Human! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Odysseus said:
Silicon Knights is accomplished. :(

795_0026-1.jpg

Accomplished indeed. :p

Kittonwy

Banned
Odysseus said:

In actuality, I believe they've confirmed there's some simultaneous development going on. Once they get all the engine work done and the game mechanics nailed down, it shouldn't be so hard to finalize the latter two games (but what do I know, I'm not a developer). Insomniac and Naughty Dog managed to get sequels out every year or so, and Ubisoft did the same with Prince of Persia, and all of those games were well received.

Both Insomniac and Naughty Dog are excellent technical developers, which Silicon Knights has never been, Ubisoft Montreal has some of the worst bugs in their POP games, POP2 had a NASTY fatal bug right before the end of the game. We'll see though, the 3D action genre is VERY competitive right now, I just don't see the right analog stick melee thing working out for them, I think they will eventually adapt a more conventional control scheme and use the right analog stick for the camera.

Judging by the responses in this thread, they probably were better off keeping it under wraps.

I still have some hope left for the title, but it's at or near the bottom of my "must see" list.

Choabac

Kittonwy said:
I just don't see the right analog stick melee thing working out for them, I think they will eventually adapt a more conventional control scheme and use the right analog stick for the camera.

I actually hope they don’t change the control scheme; it looks like it could work really well, providing they get the auto camera in check.

X26

Banned
Maybe MS did the smart thing and bailed out, and if so they'll be losing a lot less money this gen

Mifune

Mehmber
X26 said:
Maybe MS did the smart thing and bailed out, and if so they'll be losing a lot less money this gen

I don't think they bailed out. Peter Moore said it was coming soon or something like that at the X06 conference.

I still believe.

Aaron

Choabac said:
I actually hope they don’t change the control scheme; it looks like it could work really well, providing they get the auto camera in check.
I hope they do change it, because it didn't work well at all at E3.

KGKK

Banned
I wonder if the right analog stick action will be as good as Jet li's game. What was it called again?

Ark-AMN

Banned
X26 said:
I'm pretty sure they've already committed a lot of money to the project so it's not as if they'll be saving themselves some change, and in MS's case, they don't really seem to care about that sort of thing as much as other companies do.

I still keep coming back to a figure I've heard before that the whole Too Human trilogy will cost MS close to 100 million dollars or so. I still wish I could remember where I heard that.

Top Bottom