• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game do you recommend the most?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Organ Quarter. It's locked to VR so hard for others to experience.

I've mentioned it in other threads but it was developed by like 3 people, basically just 1 guy cause the other 2 did art/music.

It's essentially a love letter to the first RE and SH, feels like you're in a PSX game. That was lost on some people and they wrote it off as indie trash that isn't VRAF (VR as fuck) but the game is brilliant through and through. Quick gameplay clip that captures the overall vibe.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Ar Tonelico 2 is a truly special game, its sad that not many people have played it and even sadder that the translation was full of aged memes and made up jokes that did not actually fit the real dialog in many scenes. But with the fan patch its something I would always recommend. a Great JRPG with the best soundtrack in gaming.
Is this by the same devs as Atelier Iris 2?

That game was kinda B-tier, but it had a lot of charm.

kaizenkko

The Last of Us Part I. Easy to play, everyone can play this game, and if you like something more challeging there's survival mode. Fun to play, a really refined third-person-shooter experience. Amazing story with two of the best video game characters of all time.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Is this by the same devs as Atelier Iris 2?

That game was kinda B-tier, but it had a lot of charm.

its a GUST title yes, but its got a different director. So what makes the game interesting is that the director is Tsuchiya Akira, was head of the GUST sound team. What does this mean? well the insane genius invented an entire language for the game universe, essentially spells are "sung" and the words have power, this means that from a game mechanic standpoint you have to protect you casters so they can sing, the longer they sing the more powerful the spell will be. The lore of why this works this way is super deep, I wont get too deep into it but essentially they sing code to make a program run and that results in a spell (they also have different testament's which changes the language used to connect to separate towers, like I said super deep). I mean the dude wrote an entire language and had people sing it just for the series so everything is explained... unless you play the original translation because they butchered it.

also being head of sound means that GUST bring there big guns to the videogame soundtrack for example

hell even the tracks that never made it into the game (because the PS2 disc was too small) are insane

the artwork for the game is fantastic too, it takes place in the 2nd tower (the first game takes place on the 1st) and these are floating bastions of humanity floating above the ruined world below as they slowly decay, run by ancient programs no one really understands.

ar_tonelico_conceptart_JIQKy.jpg

could not recommend enough :D

Last edited:
I don’t recommend games. I recommend Gamepass, the best value in gaming.
Right now I don't know, most of my friend don't play videogames. To my gamer friends I recommend Baldur's Gate 3

amigastar

Classic Lucas Arts games like Monkey Island and DotT and Grim Fandango.
But also GTA Chinatown Wars and Rise of the Triad 2013.

SHA

Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil
Borderlands
Bioshock
Duke Nukem 3d and forever
Doom 1,2 and the new ones
The Witcher
Mirror's edge and catalyst
Too human
Halo
Mass Effect
Killzone
The Last of Us
Final Fantasy
Tomb Raider
Crysis
Far Cry
Battlefield
Black
Quick
Hexen
Rise of the Triad.

Crayon

Zelda breath/tears. I've met people who don't like it but both were pressed for time to a point where they should probly be sticking to very short games. Same complaint: "I didn't know what to do".

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
its a GUST title yes, but its got a different director. So what makes the game interesting is that the director is Tsuchiya Akira, was head of the GUST sound team. What does this mean? well the insane genius invented an entire language for the game universe, essentially spells are "sung" and the words have power, this means that from a game mechanic standpoint you have to protect you casters so they can sing, the longer they sing the more powerful the spell will be. The lore of why this works this way is super deep, I wont get too deep into it but essentially they sing code to make a program run and that results in a spell (they also have different testament's which changes the language used to connect to separate towers, like I said super deep). I mean the dude wrote an entire language and had people sing it just for the series so everything is explained... unless you play the original translation because they butchered it.

also being head of sound means that GUST bring there big guns to the videogame soundtrack for example

hell even the tracks that never made it into the game (because the PS2 disc was too small) are insane

the artwork for the game is fantastic too, it takes place in the 2nd tower (the first game takes place on the 1st) and these are floating bastions of humanity floating above the ruined world below as they slowly decay, run by ancient programs no one really understands.

ar_tonelico_conceptart_JIQKy.jpg

could not recommend enough :D

Man, the OST is really good.

Lately I haven't been playing many games, but If I ever get the chance I'll surely give this one a try.

It really looks like a labor of love

Roberts

Most of my gamer friends, despite some of them being casuals, kind of know what they like and know what's out there for them, but once in a while I nudge them in a direction of a certain game I think they should play. For example, none of them gave a fuck about Grounded and after gushing about it non-stop, some of them picked it up and are fans now. Recently a friend was looking for a x-com type turn based combat game and I recommended Miasma Chronicles which I like a lot.

Hitman 2016. And all of its expansions.

Just an incredible game. And an incredible technical feat. It's a shame this game never got as popular as it could have.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I've talked a good game for Terminator Resistance. Buy the fucking game please.

Delighted the same devs are using the Robocop IP even though he is a piece of monkey shit. It should be called ED-209: Safe City as if we had ED-209s and not Robocops the stinking city would be safe. Fuck Robocop. Prick.

Also pre order Robocop Rogue City.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Mass Effect trilogy, hasn't been bettered to this day, even the spin-off couldn't manage it, and you could only dream of games like Starfield having as interesting a "universe" as Mass Effect has...

Last edited:

Beechos

Prob spiderman for casuals/someone who doesn't play games alot.

Character and setting alot of ppl familiar with.
Shiny new gfx
Tight gameplay
Good enough story

For people that game prob would be prey hidden gem not too many people have played.

Last edited:
Top Bottom