• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Indiana Jones movie is your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konka

Banned
I can recognize that Raiders is the better movie however I love Last Crusade so much because Sean Connery is in it.

kitsuneyo

My dad took the afternoon off work to take me to see Last Crusade opening day, when I was 9. I'd watched Temple of Doom about 30 times on VHS. I love both, but I guess LC is better.

Gaz_RB

You can't make me choose! They're all so good!

The above post denies the existence of Crystal Skulls

Last Crusade is my personal favorite out of the bunch. It feels more like a ride than a movie to me. I'm also not a fan of Temple of Doom, and don't understand people's love for it.

linkboy

If I had to choose between Last Crusade and Raiders, I lean sightly towards Last Crusade just due to the Connery influence (a proven theory that Sean Connery makes anything 100% more awesome just by his influence).

inm8num2

Raiders is maybe the best action adventure movie of all time.

Temple of Doom is a wonderfully charming cult movie.

The Last Crusade is an awesome adventure as well, but not quite as good as Raiders.

I love all three dearly.

Zombine

Banned
I've come to the conclusion that all 3 are perfect movies, including temple of doom.

Crystal Skull was fan-fiction.

Temple of Doom was the first one that I saw in theaters(I'm too young to have seen the original at the time of it's release) and it's what made me fall in love with the character/series. So I'm a bit biased in that regard.

I can see why others would favor the other two, but TOD will always be my personal fav.

The Last Crusade easily.
I always get Raiders and Temple of Doom mixed up. Temple of Doom is the one that ends with Indy on the rope bridge, right?

gtrunner

Banned
WOW, I just got the bluray set last week and watched Temple last night, MY GOD it's horrible. My first time watching it as an adult. The bridge scene was good but that's about it.

Funny, I always remembered "short round " was the guy that took a bullet for Jones at the start and the "power " of the artifact that Jones was trading was to give a person a "second life". Jones used it to revive the dude but he didn't know it would turn him into a kid. My imagination was better than what really happened.

Zeliard

It's Temple of Doom, honestly. It's the less popular opinion but I've always been a fan of how bizarre, imaginative, and unrelenting it is, and it has so many varied and memorable set-pieces.

I also think it has the single best scene in any Indiana Jones movie, which comes when Indy is freeing the slave children in the caves, and there's a moment where he's draped in shadows then a close-up where's he's just glaring at fools like a boss. Then this song starts playing.

iztOfynIiI1T0.jpg

il45g9uK1rEmy.jpg

Unbeatable.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Raiders by far.

The opening of the Ark gave me nightmares as a kid and I would follow Indy's advice and close my eyes when that scene came up again for a long time.

VanWinkle

The Last Crusade. Great balance of humor and drama, awesome action pieces and villains, amazing performance by Sean Connery, and the whole last quarter is just fantastic. I also appreciate Temple of Doom more now than I used to.

tauroxd

Last Crusade, easily.

Nazis getting their asses handed to them, very hot, blonde and awesome chick who is both an allie and an enemy, Sean Connery, the whole Holy Grail thing, ride into the sunset (or sunrise, don´t remember)... So, so awesome...

I can recognize that Raiders is the better movie however I love Last Crusade so much because Sean Connery is in it.

This is pretty much me word for word

Raiders is clearly numero uno, the ne plus ultra of blockbuster cinema, and Last Crusade is a lighthearted rehash of Raiders. But its my favorite damnit, specifically because of the comedy and the heart that comes through with the relationship between Indy and his father.

"I thought I lost you boy" *insert tears here*
"Indiana...let it go" *insert more tears here*

JonnyBrad

The only thing i don't like about Crusade is the way they turned Brody into a bumbling idiot from someone who would have gone after the Ark himself in the first film. So i give it to Raiders by a nose.

The interplay between Connery and Ford is fucking amazing in Crusade though.

I'm going to go with Last Crusade. I was a kid at the time, but Temple of Doom was my first Indy movie. I don't think I saw Raiders until later on.

Skab

Raiders, but followed very very closely by Last Crusade.

I enjoy Temple, but it just doesn't compare to the other two.

Unicorn

Don't see the Disney ride listed on anyone's lists. I work with kids and one of them says that's his favorite. I mean, he's got a point. Only one to actually make you feel IN the movies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom