• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

which of the 3 big mexican hot sauces is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm24

my household is pretty much all tapatio, but lately i;ve been buying this to use with dinner and leaving tapatio for snacks and stuff

P7Ncu.jpg

Love this stuff. Expensive, but it has the perfect kick and aftertaste. Kind of like Cholula, but better and actually spicy

dacuk

No se como poner acentos con el teclado gringo.

ñ <-Alt 164

Nomas me sale esa.

á -> Alt + 160
é -> Alt + 130
í -> Alt + 161
ó -> Alt + 162
ú -> Alt + 163

De nada.

I am not mexican, but I get these sauces in my country and they are fairly good:

salsa-taquera-clemente-jacques-370-grs.jpg

and Salsa Verde and Salsa Casera.

OP, if you're going to post Valentina, might as well put the one targeted to real men: Black Valentina

VA011a.JPG

And in Mexico, home-made salsas trump everything else.

Esch

Banned
I feel no need to make the "man" distinction in the thread because none of the sauces in the OP are hot in any variety.

Like I said El Yucateco Habanero is hotter than everything else ive tried in here, although some of the mexican ones could obviously beat it out.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I got a bottle of original Cholula today to try it out after reading this thread and was very disappointed. Put some on a roast beef sandwich and couldn't even tell it was there. Grilled burgers for dinner and put a lot on my burger and it wasn't hot at all and seemed to be more sweet than anything else. Will stick to Sriracha I guess.

shaowebb

my household is pretty much all tapatio, but lately i;ve been buying this to use with dinner and leaving tapatio for snacks and stuff

P7Ncu.jpg

Love this stuff. Expensive, but it has the perfect kick and aftertaste. Kind of like Cholula, but better and actually spicy

Wesker?

vesp

Out of the stuff you can find in most supermarkets, green yucateca or pico pica.

Out of the 3 listed in the op, tapatio (though Cholula is better than all 3)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
only good when you have shit food and need to cover up the taste
Tabasco is good on anything unless it's sweet. Nothing beats it. I had to go buy some generic Krogan, Kroger or whatever they call it hot sauce. It just can't compare. I want my tabasco.

JLG-

El Pato. Taste amazing on fish/fish tacos.

eQISt.jpg

El Yucateco is also great

TVERv.jpg

Also love me some Valentina and Tapatio. Shit, i love them all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom