• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Wolverine suit/style do you want to see on PS5

T0minator

The Spider-man games have all had a great selection of suits to unlock and we all know Insomniac will do the same with Wolverine

I have 3 that I want to see in the game.
mhm39zK.jpg
7ibhrL9.jpg
BTUeXPI.png

Which suits should Insomniac put in the game?

Eimran

They can make a new suit for all I care. Just do the Spider-Man approach and give us all the suits from previous movies and games

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I want a paraplegic, deaf, minority, Non-binary wolverine who sprays cool hip art around town and has similar cool hip art friends who fall under the exact same category as them magically.

I mean we want accurate representation right?
This is such a childish take on inclusion and not remotely on topic. It's just spam to get out your anger that Spider-Man included a deaf character. Why you care that much that you feel the need to ridicule it in tangentially related areas speaks to the level of maturity that goes hand and hand with typical representation whining.

All that I know I want it the yellow. I'd like to see other cool designs. What I don't want is for them to force a suit on the character in certain situations. I mean forcing them into a suit they already had but were not wearing like making Miles wear the "If you had any suspicions about me being Spider-Man, now you know for sure since you can see my hair suit".

StueyDuck

This is such a childish take on inclusion and not remotely on topic. It's just spam to get out your anger that Spider-Man included a deaf character. Why you care that much that you feel the need to ridicule it in tangentially related areas speaks to the level of maturity that goes hand and hand with typical representation whining.

All that I know I want it the yellow. I'd like to see other cool designs. What I don't want is for them to force a suit on the character in certain situations. I mean forcing them into a suit they already had but were not wearing like making Miles wear the "If you had any suspicions about me being Spider-Man, now you know for sure since you can see my hair suit".
so you don't want a deaf, paraplegic, non-binary minority wolverine.

such a bigotted take. i'm telling the thought police on you.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
X-Force with the more swept back "ears" and the red eyes.
Insomniacs own take on this obviously

detail.jpg

And im hoping Insomniac isnt scared of an M rating and have their own take on the damage system that Wolverine Origins game had.

clean.jpg

And obviously the modern Yellow/Blue.
Wolverine-wearing-the-modern-blue-and-yellow-costume-in-Astonishing-X-Men.jpeg

My top 3
--early 90s (Jim Lee) yellow and blue
--classic brown
--modern/Krakoa brown

I'd also like to see casual flannel/jacket and jeans, business suit from the movie Logan, Old Man Logan from the comics with the duster, first appearance (the yellow and blue with the weird tiny mask). All of these seem like obvious choices by Insomniac. I'd also love to get at least one with a cigar, but that seems less likely.

yurinka

I think Insomniac should do like in Spider-Man and basically have all costumes from the comics unlockable to allow you choose your favorite one.

Having as default casual street clothes from the teaser and a new Wolverine costume made by Insomniac.

Casual clothes. I'm sure we get many alternative suits.

wolv-bigcostume5.jpg
This is my personal top 1 favorite one. Top two would be the
mentioned early 90s (Jim Lee) yellow and blue:

Last edited:

Shakka43

The classic brown and yellow suit aged better, but for my own personal pick it would be the X-men Evolution suit:

dfb76fce322f25d2382119881c7ffb08.jpg

The orange and black just look really good. I know Insomniac will add 100 suits so hopefully this specific one makes it in the game.
The Evolution cartoons were so damn fire, a shame it ended where it did.

Last edited:

yurinka

I don't think giving him a superhero costume makes sense until/unless he links up with the X-Men.
He had a superhero costume before joining the X-Men, in his first appearance (Hulk #188, 1974):
wolverine_first_appearance-copy-580x443.png

Later in the comics they explained pre X-Men stuff where he had the Weapon-X costume when being experimented on -as I remember is when he got his adamantium bones- and soon after did cover ops (with another costume) in a weapon X team called X-Team where he had other team members as Sabertooth, Omega Red or Deadpool before becoming enemies.

I want a paraplegic, deaf, minority, Non-binary wolverine who sprays cool hip art around town and has similar cool hip art friends who fall under the exact same category as them magically.

I mean we want accurate representation right?
You forgot to mention than to have white male protagonist is supposed to be sexist and racist, so Sony must replace Logan with a non white female character as they are doing replacing all their iconic white male protagonists.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

You forgot to mention than to have white male protagonist is supposed to be sexist and racist, so Sony must replace Logan with a non white female character as they are doing replacing all their iconic male protagonists.
oh I just assumed all us higher power beings, better than the normies knew this already anyway. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jokes aside, it is funny that tearing the white redheaded/ginger womans playable sections that were lame to pieces in both SM1 and SM2 is totally great but dare someone make a little dig at the other character then it's (to quote some) "such a childish take on inclusion and not remotely on topic. It's just spam to get out your anger that Spider-Man included a deaf character."

funny that's the case isn't it.

as a second aside, people need to lighten up.

Almost all of the comic designs look laughably bad today, imho.
Spandex had a time were it was actually cool and modern, but practically none of any superhero costumes make any sense or look cool today.

Leather, camouflage, proper protective if not superhuman, non flammable somethings with a real purpose should be done today.

Ironman, Rorschach to some extend, Batman are probably the few functional dresses.

Otherwise I would also have to take King Charles with his super high crown and furry robe serious. That coronation looked like a contradictory stuck up clown show.

yurinka

Almost all of the comic designs look laughably bad today, imho.
Spandex had a time were it was actually cool and modern, but practically none of any superhero costumes make any sense or look cool today.

Leather, camouflage, proper protective if not superhuman, non flammable somethings with a real purpose should be done today.

Ironman, Rorschach to some extend, Batman are probably the few functional dresses.

Otherwise I would also have to take King Charles with his super high crown and furry robe serious. That coronation looked like a contradictory stuck up clown show.
They are superheroes, fictional people with superpowers. Their costumes don't need to make to make sense. Unlike in religious books nobody is pretending that these fictional characters with superpowers are real.

I mean, Wolverine is a guy with metal covered bones, extensible claws, expanded senses that autoheals superfast who is part of a superhero team with people who flies and do other weird things. Compared to that, wearing underwear on the outside of a yellow and blue costume is a reasonable and realistic thing.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

I have controlled characters with tails in games. And even guys with girl's faces and vice versa...

But I draw the line at yellow spandex.

Liamario

Banned
Yellow and blue works in the context of being in a team. I don't think I'd like it as his default. Brown and black would be best and then every other suit would be available as skins.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Can’t wait for the side quest where Logan has to help the blind trans kid deal with not being able to control his power to grow penises out of his armpits .

Should be very inclusive.

I just want Weapon X suit. If the side quests are like Spider-Man 2, then I’m skipping them all to just go through main story.

Excited to see who will win the ugliest mutant award: Beast or MJ from Spider-Man 2.

Top Bottom