• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicle Site Updated w/ message from Mr. Hino~

Rolf NB

Error said:
People need to be reminded that Hino LOVES overhyping shit, remember RG? Yeah.
Playing it right now. I'm currently on my second (mandatory) visit to Rosa (chapter 7 or 8 or something). It's great.
After getting monumentally pissed off back-to-back by Star Ocean 3 first, Oblivion second and then Valkyrie Profile 2, I'm finally enjoying an action RPG again. Such a good feeling.

So what did he say?

MoogPaul

rykomatsu said:
-First RPG on the market to be native 1080p
-Storyline quality on par with that of DQ series story lines
-Image quality approaching that of Final Fantasy
-Aspects reminiscent of Monster Hunter

I really want to love this game, but this just seems like blatant jRPG name dropping to build hype.

rykomatsu

$53 @ amazon.co.jp at today's exchange rate including tax :)

wonder if the US release will be reasonably priced as well...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
White Knight Story
Compatible with PlayStation3 Japan, No Region Protection 64.90

Sub-Total 64.90
Shipping (FedEx) 20.40

Total 85.30

;D

Wollan

"You have items in your cart that cannot be sent to your location. Please remove the item(s) in question and proceed to checkout again."

So Play-Asia doesn't ship games to EU?

rykomatsu

Kagari said:
White Knight Story
Compatible with PlayStation3 Japan, No Region Protection 64.90

Sub-Total 64.90
Shipping (FedEx) 20.40

Total 85.30

;D

Air Bubble Economy is like...$3.90 for shipping isn't it? :p

icecream

Public Health Threat
RpgN said:
You're being too critical while ignoring Tri-Ace their low points (voice acting, dialouge and more).
Voice acting is just fine in tri-Ace games. Just don't play the English versions.

Dialogue relates to story, which ever since Radiata Stories they had the sense to outsource to different people. We'll get lucky one of these days and hit on a company that can make a competent one (though IU isn't bad).

1147_0001.jpg

Who says Level-5 has bad character designs?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rykomatsu said:
Air Bubble Economy is like...$3.90 for shipping isn't it? :p

Yeah but it takes forever, and no tracking D:

AranhaHunter said:
85 bucks? Yeah I'll wait for the NA release :lol

I chose $20 shipping. The game is $63 otherwise. You can get cheap $3 shipping.

Zoe

It's $67 at YesAsia with free shipping available, but I'm not sure if I trust them on pre-orders.

Awntawn

icecream said:
1147_0001.jpg

Who says Level-5 has bad character designs?
Just another generic super hot chick with huge titties
and sharp knees.

Actually if I read the interviews correctly, I believe that's just a stripper ;o

KTallguy

Banned
OceansAndEarth said:
I wish people stop peddling their opinions as facts.

I'm sorry, but Rogue Galaxy is horrible. I played the JP version and suffered so much that I have promised myself never to touch the disc again.

rykomatsu

Awntawn said:
Actually if I read the interviews correctly, I believe that's just a stripper ;o

That's Karla...she joins your party, atleast according to Famitsu's little column of character descriptions
and I think belly dancer is the more apt term :p

Id.

Zoe said:
It's $67 at YesAsia with free shipping available, but I'm not sure if I trust them on pre-orders.
They're pretty good with preorders. I preordered Dragon Shadow Spell from YesAsia, and the game shipped immediately on its release date.

rykomatsu said:
That's Karla...she joins your party, atleast according to Famitsu's little column of character descriptions
and I think belly dancer is the more apt term :p

interesting to see how they animate that in game...that might be tricky considering the subtle and sinuous movements...doubt they will get it right though, needs to be motion captured

rykomatsu

Id. said:
They're pretty good with preorders. I preordered Dragon Shadow Spell from YesAsia, and the game shipped immediately on its release date.

on the flipside, i preordered Tears to Tiara from YesAsia about 2 months in advance, release date comes, nothing ships, website says in stock...2 days later, website updates and says 2 weeks until next shipment, then silently cancelled my order.

Also, for JPN releases (typically Thursday), the item, even with EMS, will typically not arrive in the US until the following Monday or later...has been the case with 2-3 games I ordered prior to TtT.

Play-asia's Fedex shipping typically arrives on the west coast (CA) on the Friday of the release week.

Yazuka

Wollan said:
"You have items in your cart that cannot be sent to your location. Please remove the item(s) in question and proceed to checkout again."

I don't know about all games but I know they do not shipp PSP & PS3 games to EU. =/

Lain

Wollan said:

They are scared of SCEE because of the Lik-Sang debacle (which is stupid imo, Lik-sang was hit for hardware, not software sales...) so they don't sell Sony stuff to Europe.

Durante

Segata Sanshiro said:
Females heroes showing armpits is the new lens flare.
And it all started with Touhou!

Lain said:
I feel quite a bit differently. To me the "trash" game in the L5 lineup has been DQ8.
I thought I was the only one.

WrikaWrek said:
Looks like a Ps2 game.
I found a pic where it will look more next-gen to you:
2jt6x3.jpg

Zoe

Id. said:

I'm more concerned with getting the pre-order goodies than the shipping date.

Credit to rykomatsu from PSForums

-Gameplay 100hr+∞
A very large scale RPG in addition to the infinite amount of time you can play with friends and partners.

-Attractive casting and immense story.
The thrill of an RPG has been refined with the experience and know-how gained by Level-5 over the years.

-Next-gen quality graphic power
Super graphic scenes output at FullHD 1080p

-Big and small characters fighting alongside eachother to create a chaotic and dynamic battle
With the protagonist being able to transform into the White Knight, dynamic battles with both large and small characters can be created. A direct feel battle system makes unnecessary, any complicated controls, and makes you feel as though you're part of the battle.

-Embarking on an adventure and fighting alongside friends/partners.
Unending infinite gameplay is also included. Via PSN, embark on adventures with friends.

http://gmstar.com/ps3/sirokisi.html

so that's the big feature to be revealed at TGS? Online Coop?

EDIT: lol @ 100+ Hours of gameplay. They said that about RG1 and i stopped at 30 from boredom.

Nolan.

100+hrs... as long as it's good stuff, though I wonder if it's the main quest or optional stuff included too.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
BlazingDarkness said:
100 hours of gameplay
1080p display
Play online with other people

awesomee
What does the bold text have anything to do with a positive for a console RPG? If you want several days of fun, just load up an MMORPG.

speedpop said:
What does the bold text have anything to do with a positive for a console RPG? If you want several days of fun, just load up an MMORPG.

er no
i like my RPGs long and epic, so it's a positive for me
MMORPGs are endless and boring as fuck.

Top Bottom