• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Wishes - Tales of Graces F (Spoilerific) Import Thread (now with more PS3!)

RPGCrazied said:
so fake. vesperia was terrible? Yeah, right. Also he is deleting comments on the story. People just want to know where he got his sources, oh well, just another journalist looking for attention.

He has a comment that was posted a couple days ago. Unless he had more before?

Even though this rumor is crazy dubious, if we are getting the Wii version, it had better have all the PS3 extras.

To make us wait this long for the now extremely inferior version of the game would be insufferable. Though, this is Namco we're talking about. :/

Anyway, not going to put any faith towards this unless something more credible pops up. Been burned too many times by hope that we'll finally be getting some Tales games in North America, only to be crushed.

Akselziys said:
If you just count the SE, then yeah, but SE and LE combined, Vesperia did slightly better than DOTNW :)

What were the numbers?

Also I hope it's true but I'm not holding my breath. Also yeah he was deleting comments.

Edit:

Rpgmonkey said:
Their next most recent rumor article is about Kingdom Hearts 3 being announced at this year's E3.

So...yeah.

The weird thing is is the KH3 article of his he acknowledges the things he says are just rumored...but the ToG article he says it like it's fact. Don't know why.

ymmv

Banned
The rumour does not make sense. I could see the point of not releasing the game when the localization costs are too high compared to the estimated sales of either a Wii or PS3 version. But if Namco goes to the trouble of expanding and localizing the Wii game, they might as well do the PS3 version too since it can use the same localization assets. Since the bottom has dropped out of 3rd party Wii game sales, they'd probably sell more copies of the PS3 version too.

On the other hand, Namco has stopped making sense a long time ago, so I

ymmv said:
The rumour does not make sense. I could see the point of not releasing the game when the localization costs are too high compared to the estimated sales of either a Wii or PS3 version. But if Namco goes to the trouble of expanding and localizing the Wii game, they might as well do the PS3 version too since it can use the same localization assets. Since the bottom has dropped out of 3rd party Wii game sales, they'd probably sell more copies of the PS3 version too.

On the other hand, Namco has stopped making sense a long time ago, so I

I could see this making sense if Nintendo helped out with the localization. ToG had a bundle and an Iwata Asks similar to SW3 last year and Nintendo brought over SW3. Wii's 2011 lineup isn't too packed and if Nintendo got out Xenoblade and The Last Story in 2011, another RPG like ToG can help too.

Firestorm

Who cares? I'm pretty sure the fan translation group would be done faster anyway. If Namco had plans for an English release, I think they'd at least make a trademark claim on the URL.

It's 300 on Evil to unlock Chaos :)

I'm currently at 77 hours, trying to do some quests and when they're done, I'll finally begin the Future Arc. Then I'll proceed right up to the final boss, and it's gonna be battle titles time ;_; I don't really look forward to spamming attacks mindlessly.

B.K.

whzxK.jpg

I wonder if it'll get any more .hack costumes.

Link1110

I'm really liking the end of battle conversations in this game.

Hubert: We beat you in an instant!
Sophie: How long is an instant?
Hubert: It's less than a second.
Sophie: So you lied, Hubert.

127:01 and still on my first playthrough :lol

It's already been 26 hours since I started grinding for the remaining battle titles I need, I'm really in good shape right now, what I really just need before moving on is the "do X tens of thousands of this and that". I'm so close to getting all titles, I hope that in 25 more hours I'll finally be able to go back to ten years before, so I can go to Zone Cage and beat floors 2+.

It's a damn shame that some of the counters reset even when you use the grade shop to port the usage counts :( I'm really close for some of 'em I think, and as there's no way to know for sure, I really just have to continue grinding until I get all of them. Don't want to lose the progress I made naturally over the course of the game...

And when I'm free from grinding, I'll try and complete the book before restarting a new game with grade shop enabled...and try a "perfect run" to get all Skits and every sidequests.

But damn, it's so good I just can't stop playing ;_;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
InternHertz said:

It's already been 26 hours since I started grinding for the remaining battle titles I need, I'm really in good shape right now, what I really just need before moving on is the "do X tens of thousands of this and that". I'm so close to getting all titles, I hope that in 25 more hours I'll finally be able to go back to ten years before, so I can go to Zone Cage and beat floors 2+.

It's a damn shame that some of the counters reset even when you use the grade shop to port the usage counts :( I'm really close for some of 'em I think, and as there's no way to know for sure, I really just have to continue grinding until I get all of them. Don't want to lose the progress I made naturally over the course of the game...

And when I'm free from grinding, I'll try and complete the book before restarting a new game with grade shop enabled...and try a "perfect run" to get all Skits and every sidequests.

Jeez. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Been needing a good grinding game.

Link1110

InternHertz said:

So, you can transfer your future save back into the regular game? I've been grinding for 20 hours before taking on the future.

Also,
Emraude's
evil plan was basically
that after pissing off Lambda by ripping out its soul and having her underlings killing what it regarded as a father, she was going to let it inside her body to become a goddess and rebuild Phodra? That seems ind of stupid to me because... Lambda hates her.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finally got my copy in the other day and played about an hour of it. Having some fun so far but I'm probably going to put the game on hold once Tales of Vesperia PS3 I ordered arrives so I can play that once first.

My first playthrough went until 199 hours 4 minutes :D

I'm in my second playthrough at a bit under 20 hours...beat the final boss of the present arc, I'm now looking for skits, I need 7 and then I can go into the future arc.

I did every sidequest also, so for now my perfect run is really going well :D Everything but skits is at 100% \o/

I only need one trophy, the very final boss in under 1 minute but it'll be a piece of cake!

duckroll

Got the game as a present over the holidays, put about 5 hours into it so far. Haven't had much time to dig in, but I wasn't really feeling the gameplay in the childhood arc. It got waaaaaaay better after the actual game started, and special attacks could actually be used. The story's pretty funny and quirky, but the characters remind me of generic Tales crap honestly. Music is awfully bland. Towns are really empty (lol Wii port?). It's fun though. Should be able to put more time into it soon. Hope it picks up fast.

One thing I've noticed about the game is how much more cinematic it is compared to all previous Tales games. There's a lot of direction in the cutscenes, and camera angle changes, pans, etc which indicate heavy storyboarding. Definitely a step up from ToV in terms of not being a static talking head cutscene. Oh and the skits ROCK. Tons of animation, and they're pretty funny. No nonsense filler skits either... so far!

kiryogi

Banned
duckroll said:
Got the game as a present over the holidays, put about 5 hours into it so far. Haven't had much time to dig in, but I wasn't really feeling the gameplay in the childhood arc. It got waaaaaaay better after the actual game started, and special attacks could actually be used. The story's pretty funny and quirky, but the characters remind me of generic Tales crap honestly. Music is awfully bland. Towns are really empty (lol Wii port?). It's fun though. Should be able to put more time into it soon. Hope it picks up fast.

One thing I've noticed about the game is how much more cinematic it is compared to all previous Tales games. There's a lot of direction in the cutscenes, and camera angle changes, pans, etc which indicate heavy storyboarding. Definitely a step up from ToV in terms of not being a static talking head cutscene. Oh and the skits ROCK. Tons of animation, and they're pretty funny. No nonsense filler skits either... so far!

Yeah the childhood arc can be a real drag gameplay wise. Although people liked the characters more when they were kids. It's actually partly why I'm having trouble starting off Graces F. Having to go thru that arc again, but at least it's relatively short.

And you're absolutely right about the cutscene direction. I was debating this with Bebpo before, but he didn't think it was anything too special.

duckroll

kiryogi said:
Yeah the childhood arc can be a real drag gameplay wise. Although people liked the characters more when they were kids. It's actually partly why I'm having trouble starting off Graces F. Having to go thru that arc again, but at least it's relatively short.

And you're absolutely right about the cutscene direction. I was debating this with Bebpo before, but he didn't think it was anything too special.

I don't mind the story in the childhood arc, but even then it was starting to drag on towards the end. Oh well, at least we got TIGER FESTIVAL! :lol

Anyway, now that I'm actually playing ToG, the decision to have the same people handle the cutscenes in ToX make perfect sense now. If the aim is to make Tales more similar to what people expect from 3D JRPGs these days, it's definitely a step in the right direction cinematically.

Datschge

duckroll said:
One thing I've noticed about the game is how much more cinematic it is compared to all previous Tales games. There's a lot of direction in the cutscenes, and camera angle changes, pans, etc which indicate heavy storyboarding.
Namco continued the mocapping trend from ToS-R there, ToV was essentially the last one without it.

farnham

Banned
so i tried to load up my japanese version today on my wii with geckoos and it wont load. is this a common issue or is my game borked ?

edit : i found the solution. i simply changed the settings in gecko os (language settings : Japanese) and now it works like it should.

farnham said:
btw. whats the best OP for the tale series ?

i think starry heavens is still the best white wishes comes close though

cant believe how good BoA has become compared to her atrocious first album

Of course it would be Karma. I would say that Ring a Bell (ToV) was pretty good as well as TAO (ToL).

For spinoffs, the RM games have pretty good OPs. Flyaway and With You both from BACK-ON were pretty good.

farnham

Banned
so now richard is king

the build up to this was pretty awesome i have to say

but man i can see that richard will make a heel turn pretty soon

kinda sad bout that as richard is the best character so far imho

farnham

Banned
wow a lot of karma fans

kinda unexpected as i did not like it all that much (but i dont like jpop in general so..i usually like bump of chicken though)

FSLink

Banned
farnham said:
btw. whats the best OP for the tale series ?

i think starry heavens is still the best white wishes comes close though

cant believe how good BoA has become compared to her atrocious first album
Karma is still my favorite, and I agree that White Wishes comes close (Starry Heavens as well for me.) Eternia's opening was also one of my favorites and I really liked Narikiri Dungeon remake's OP too.

What would people say is the worst Tales OP? I'd have to say Destiny 2 (PS2) myself....."YOU DON'T NEED A FANCY CAR LIKE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE", though I admittedly like the opening up to that point.

FSLink said:
Karma is still my favorite, and I agree that White Wishes comes close (Starry Heavens as well for me.) Eternia's opening was also one of my favorites and I really liked Narikiri Dungeon remake's OP too.

What would people say is the worst Tales OP? I'd have to say Destiny 2 (PS2) myself....."YOU DON'T NEED A FANCY CAR LIKE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE", though I admittedly like the opening up to that point.
The song kinda sucks but the animation for ToD2's OP is so beautiful. The worst is Tempest imo by far.

farnham

Banned
Magicpaint said:
The song kinda sucks but the animation for ToD2's OP is so beautiful. The worst is Tempest imo by far.
i agree with tod2s op song being terrible.

and about tempest.. are you referring to this ?this ?

Aeana

Kasumi1970 said:
have we heard anymore about TOGF coming to the PS3 in the USA from namco?
Tales producer Yoshizumi just said in a Nintendo Power interview that information about that will be coming soon.

Aeana

Kasumi1970 said:
Why is this in Nintendo Power if this for the ps3?
Because it was an interview about Tales of the Abyss 3DS, which was just announced for US release. The interviewer threw in a question about ToGf and got that answer.

Top Bottom