• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
I am blue

if I was green I would die

edit - the green background of my avatar signifies my eternal struggle to keep from becoming that which I hate most.

whoareyouexample1.jpg

wondermega

42. Game artist turned UI and UX guy for (hopefully more) industrial AR. I'll always keep making indie games though.
Live in LA since 2000, it's been quite a journey. I enjoy having a random beer with a fellow local or passing thru gaffer when the opportunity presents itself.
Not into sports, don't watch much TV, no kids, although I understand why they are amazing. Barely play any current games but I love retro gaming. Excited to make a VR game this year!

GamerJM

Banned

I was gonna make this joke.

For a more serious answer, I'm Joe. I'm a 22 year old dude studying Economics at a private university and not really doing much else with my life. I used to be a computer engineering major, but I was really really depressed for a while and couldn't keep up with the work because of disabilities, so when I changed my major I sort of scaled back everything and made it so all I'm really focusing on are two or three classes. My somewhat rich parents finance everything in my life for me and I live in an apartment and don't really talk to anyone or do anything all day. I spend way too much time reading about video games but I only really play them on and off, except for Melee which I play competitively year round. I also listen to shitty music over and over again and worry about politics. When I'm at my parents' home I go out to the movies a lot but I don't really watch anything not in theaters. I also watch anime sometimes.

Contrary to my user name I am not the captain of anything, nor have I been the captain of anything since my high school chess team.

Why must we lie to others with our user names :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thought it might be fun to get to know people here on GAF outside of the internet. I'll kick things off...

My name is Steve. I'm a 40 year old Canadian. I work in retail. I'm married (23 years together) with three kids. We also recently got a new puppy. :)

In terms of hobbies, I love hockey, movies and video games.

I tend to stay out of forum topics that revolve around religion, politics, music (unless it's 80s music, long live the 80s) or fashion.

My favourite sports team are the Calgary Flames.

I firmly believe in two mantras: treat others as you want to be treated and the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men/women to do nothing.

Pet peeves are people being rude towards others and poor spelling. I don't necessarily understand the YouTube/Twitch generation, and cannot comprehend why people donate real money to watch people play video games, but certainly don't begrudge those who do.

Your turn!

Hi Steve! My name is [redacted], and I am a [redacted] years old guy coming from a country called [redacted]

My hobbies are video games, [redacted], [redacted], [redacted]

Umm, what else. Yeah, I hate condescending people and people who lied or who abused their authority or pretending that they're higher than someone else just because of a job title or something.

My favorite movie is... well, lots. Hmmm, I currently have a girlfriend that I am planning on marrying on December. Hopefully she doesn't run off with another guy before then just like the last one I am serious with!

Okay, fair enough. Here goes:

My name is Steve. I'm a 40 year old Canadian. I work in retail. I'm married (23 years together) with three kids. We also recently got a new puppy. :)

I tend to stay out of forum topics that revolve around religion, politics, music (unless it's 80s music, long live the 80s) or fashion.

I firmly believe in two mantras: treat others as you want to be treated and the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men/women to do nothing.

Pet peeves are people being rude towards others and poor spelling. I don't necessarily understand the YouTube/Twitch generation, and cannot comprehend why people donate real money to watch people play video games, but certainly don't begrudge those who do.

Five

Banned
Okay, fair enough. Here goes:

Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(Today, 12:39 AM

I am Herbert Munchkin.

I am a forklift delivery man from Wormwood Scrubs in Greater London. I am 37 and have a pet hedgehog. Oh yeah, and two kids. And a wife.

My hobbies are wrestling, wasting time and cheese rolling.

My mantra is: The best things in life are free, the rest are too expensive.

vern

Hey Steve.

I also don't understand why someone would pay to watch others play video games. Additionally, I don't understand why people would watch other people play video games for free. Video games are fun to play. When my friends have the controller I eagerly await my turn, but I wouldn't want to emulate that experience without the payoff of getting to play the next round. Also they aren't my friends playing on YouTube so wtf why do I care at all? Makes no sense at all.

Who's next?

I am a hedgehog. I'm being held hostage somwhere in Wormwood Scrubs, Greater London. The man who smells of cheese spends a lot of time watching oily men writhe around on the TV. Can't take much more. One day I hope I can return to my family.

I won't tell you who I am, but the possibility exist that I might be Steve.

Though the real question is whooo are you? Who-who? Who-who?

Acorn

Acorn. A mature student.

So, who am I? I wish I knew but I don't think most do anyway, ask the next person you meet who they are and they'll list their job and hobbies. That isn't who people are, It's what they do.

ionitron

I'll go for it.

Won't be saying my real name, although a person or two on here knows it. I'm 21, last year of Uni, and waiting every day to graduate. Getting a degree in Bio (I've said this on here before). I don't know what's going to happen after I graduate, but I'm genuinely excited. I don't really care what kind of job I have immediately after college, I'm kind of a lost soul, but I want to beileve that with a part time job for a while and coming home to work on art and build a name for myself is what I want.

I just recently purchased a domain of my name and I'm quite excited to put my portfolio together. I'm probably going to go back to school to get a BFA or continue to explore options. I'm so lucky to graduate with $0 in debt for my degree (I actually got money because I got a full scholarship+) so while my 4 years of uni were the worst, I think I learned a lot about what is important for me and now I can probably go into a more desired field knowing I've tried other options and they just weren't fitting. I'm starting to rebrand myself and hopefully get things together. I'm excited to be done with this current chapter of my life come april.

Would anyone on GAF be interested in being interviewed and talking about their life? I was thinking of wanting to start a podcast where.... honestly, I just interview people. One of the things that fascinates me most is hearing other people describe their stories... which, is really silly, but I really enjoy the stories that every individual has, and I doubt I'm the only one, so listening to people describe how they get to the current point in their life, their influences, etc is super cool for me.

Mexen

Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished.

However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

Hi Steve, I'm 40 as well with two kids of my own. I don't live in Canada, though.

Anyone with a Snake themed avatar is alright with me.

CREMSteve

The internet is for hiding who you are while being able to to speak freely. Not surprised by the troll responses. I agree with them.
I firmly believe total Anonymity on the internet causes more harm than good.
Hi Steve.

Please post more pictures of your puppy.

Best,
Pau
I've posted this one before in another thread, but it's the first photo I took of him on the drive home after picking him up from the shelter. Fell asleep on the passenger seat of my car.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I’m in it
(Should’ve known I would faaaaaaaaaall)
I’m in it
(Steppin' on cracks on the flooooooooooor)
That’s right
(And your boys at your dooooooooooor)
That’s right, I’m in it
(Well, you need to fight for your own)
That’s right, I’m in it
(Then don’t let me at your table)
I’m in it
(If you just gonna lay there)
Damn right
(Fist jumps in the air, you love flame wars
I'll be gone long, grab that ass, shed your clothes)

lem0n

Fuck y'all for shitting on his thread! Steve, I got you buddy!

My name is Mike, and I'm a 28 year old dude in Arizona. Grew up in Massachusetts.

I work for Budweiser. I drive a lot for work.

My hobbies are cars, videogames, internets and traveling.

I believe in one mantra only: don't be a dick

If only more people stayed true to it tbh

Who am I?

Who is anyone? Aren't we all just walking aimlessly among this plane of existence. Aren't we all just trying our best as we wade through the dark. You think you can find me, Steve. But I am onto your game. I am onto your tricks. And there's nothing you can do about it!

I am Pi.
I am a student, approximately 21 years old with a 2 year margin of error.
I am taking a lot of classes so I can do a triple major. In 3 of these:
-Math
-philosophy
-japanese
-Computer Science
-biology
-physics

Which 3 I won't say.
I currently handle transactions for one of the biggest retailers in the world, but only on the weekends.

I have somewhere between 0 and 5 wives.
It's a dark world Steve. The truth is in here somewhere, it is up to you to find it.

Alexlf

I am a person with a name, of unspecified gender, who posts on an internet forum called neogaf. I may or may not work at a job, and I can say for sure I live in a building somewhere and have some form of internet enabled device. I definitely have some level of education.

My likes include a number of things that have no overlap with the things that I dislike, which also exist as a quantity greater than one. My hobbies all revolve around either doing or owning things. My pet peeve is ambiguity.

Well, who are you? (who are you? who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (who are you? who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (who are you? who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (who are you? who, who, who, who?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom