• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who the hell is photoshopping the cosplay girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Medalion said:
cosplay_girls_05.jpg

This one actually blew my mind a bit as well
Someone forgot them wrists. :lol

USD

BlazingDarkness said:
One on the left looks really good to me
That's the funny thing, she looks fine, she just doesn't have the massive boobs of the shop. :lol

EDIT: Also noticed they added in a bit of ass too. Japanese girls with ass are about as elusive as a complete double rainbow. :lol

Suairyu

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
One on the left looks really good to me
Welcome to the modern world! Anything that isn't photoshopped looks terrible due to media created social subconsciousness! (Also still photography can be horrifically clinical and misrepresent a really attractive person as quite not-attractive. The old "this game looks better in motion than in screenshots" thing applies to real life too.)

But yeah, she looked just fine untouched. Not model levels of 'omg', but very nice all the same.

USD said:
EDIT: Also noticed they added in a bit of ass too. Japanese girls with ass are about as elusive as a complete double rainbow. :lol
But what does the ass mean?

ReiGun

theJwac said:
Some might be tempted to photoshop this Power Girl but a part of me would die.
cosplay_509_full.jpg
4738_82917536486_659746486_2296658_2973439_n.jpg

Dem Titties!

And that original Nell could still get it. That shop was just pointless.

USD

Always-honest said:
so can someone save this woma............. it's a man?

cosplay097_full.jpg
If I knew nothing about G-Force/Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman, I'd guess it was a woman. Dude needs a bra. :lol

ReiGun

Always-honest said:
so can someone save this woma............. it's a man?

cosplay097_full.jpg
Damn, Ryu has really let himself go since Gatchaman went off the air. Must have gotten hold of the drugs.

mollipen

USD said:

Now now - Japanese girls have really been coming up in the ass department over recent years, almost as if they realized their deficiency and started putting some real effort into it.

The problem isn't the photoshops; it's that people are taking photos of people who quite frankly aren't attractive enough to cosplay as "attractive" characters in the first place, as it just encourages them. If you're unattractive, you shouldn't be trying to pass yourself off as somebody who is. Simple as that.

I know that sounds incredibly judgemental, but it's not like I believe myself exempt; even if cosplaying was something that interested me, I still wouldn't do it, as I simply don't look the part. I don't consider myself hideous, but I'm pretty sure that if I cosplayed as some kind of macho guy with no shirt on, I'd be the subject of a lot of ridicule, and rightfully so. Very, VERY few people look good enough to cosplay. That's why good cosplayers are so damn rare.

Sorry, but when I see pictures like some of the ones in this topic, I have to wonder just how vain (and ignorant) some of these people have to be to think they look good enough to compare themselves to the source material, and/or squeeze into skimpy outfits.

Xater

OP poses a good question. Why go through all the trouble when there are actually good looking cosplayers out there?

TxdoHawk

Tenks said:
It always struck me as odd that there are so many pictures of in shape decent looking girls dressing up like Sailor Moon for a bunch of acne faced virgins but this spread answers all my questions. The only one remains, who the hell is photoshopping cosplay girls to look good?

http://photographymaniacs.com/cosplay-girls-before-and-after-photoshop

[Stolen from Reddit]

From top to bottom (befores, obviously):

Maybe, possibly, sort of, definitely not, no, hell no, maybe, would, too hidden to tell, would, no, would, definitely would times a thousand, hell no, hell fucking no, would if she keeps the red bow on, absolutely not, maybe after two beers, probably not, would as long as she doesn't abuse me with the rolling pin, too tomboyish, maybe, no, god no, I don't do bunny girls, and only if they ditch the leopard print bodysuit and agree to both at once.

McLovin

For some of these I would never have guessed they where photoshoped. Some really talented people out there. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a market for this kind of work.

MNC

I expected horrible ad photoshops, but these are really good. I refuse to believe this D: All of these are lieeeeeeees

Burger

These are good, but keep in mind the artists are largely working on much higher res photos, resizing them to 300x500 and adding liberal amounts of blur and compressed the shit out of them.

McLovin said:
For some of these I would never have guessed they where photoshoped. Some really talented people out there. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a market for this kind of work.

Are you serious ?

Dabanton

So i wonder what the girls who have their pics photoshopped think when they see these pictures?

Especially the overweight ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom