• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will buy Zelda BOTW WiiU ?

What system are you buying Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AmuroChan

I will. I'm not buying a $300 console (at launch) for one game that I can also play on a console that I already own.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm probably never buying a Switch, so yeah I'm buying BoTW for Wii U..I've waited this long. It's one of the few games that I think utilizes the game pad in a way that actually benefits gameplay and functionality. I just hope it runs as well as the Switch version or at least very close to it.

I will. And it will be the last game I buy for Wii U before I sell it.
I had huge love for Nintendo during the 3th through the 5th Gen, but I think I'm not target audience anymore. I gave them a new chance with the Wii U but it just wasn't for me. So I don't think i'm getting a Switch (unless something changes and I get surprised) and my Wii U is just collecting dust at my living room. But I want to play the game.

I'll buy it used for Wii U. Then I'll say good-bye to Nintendo for the last time.

I'll buy the Wii U version and the Limited Edition Switch version.
Because it's Zelda.
And I NEEEEEEEEEEEED Zelda.

Also have the Wii U version on pre-order since June 21 2014.

Chinbo37

I have my Wii U copy on preorder for a couple months and I was so happy it wasnt dealyed!

Question, do you think it will play better with the Pro controller? I heard tehy removed touch screen stuff so the switch port was easier is that true? I need to grab a Pro controller if that is the case.

Buying Wii U version, too, since I want to have a bit of spending money for Mass Effect Andromeda's release at the end of that month.

I'll wait for Switch until they have at least 3 games I want to play.
.. which it won't have until Mario Odyssey is out.

Costia

Why cemu and not an actual wiiu?
I mean, if you are interested in zelda/nintendo games, why wait for an emulator when you can play it on the actual platform?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Nope. I'll never buy a WiiU. I will get a Switch one day hopefully. Once they get around to putting some decent games on it and release a model that doesn't have such poor battery life.

Camaway2

The conference unsold me on the Switch.

I will be picking up Zelda on the Wii U. I hope it runs okay.

Same here. I was super hyped, woke up at 4:40 AM for it and went back to bed one hour later thinking "Meh, I am glad I caved in and got myself a PS4 Pro as well to supplement my WiiU.

Maybe in autumn I will but the Switch as I cannot miss a fully fledged Mario title, but for now Zelda WiiU will have to do.

Vuze

Yeah. Not at launch though. I'm sure the game will be modded to hell and back too (on Cemu anyway), differences to Switch version should be negligible.

Haunted

Every WiiU gameplay video I've seen so far had some troubling framerate problems as soon as shit started happening. Add to that that they've been mum about the WiiU release date and I'm skeptical the WiiU version is the way to go.

Then again, I'm one of those guys who also bought new hardware at launch to get Twilight Princess as early as possible. In hindsight the correct decision, but no guarantee it'll be the right move here.

Plum

I'm gonna get it on Wii U day one and if the technical issues are bad enough (i.e. constant drops to 20 in any form of combat) then I'll just sell it and wait until I get a Switch. Definitely not buying a Switch just for this one game.

StereoVsn

Oh I am getting the Wii-U version for sure. Switch I will get in a year or two after price drop(s) and a lot more content.

The Hermit

Promised myself to never buy a system on launch again, after the 3DS.

I though the presentation would change my mind, instead it made me don't feel bad for waiting.

I don't own a Wii U so I'm likely to get a Switch and Zelda on that... But I'd be lying if I didn't say that the launch line up and price of the Switch have me considering just picking up a Wii U instead.

Riposte

I think I may want to get a Switch during the holidays, where it will have acquired a few nice games vs. it's rather empty launch. I guess it's a case of playing Zelda then or sooner.

Daknight

I am getting on Wii U. Was about to pre-order the switch, amazon was out of it and after consideration I'll just wait for holiday when the game libary is a bit better. By then I hope to be able to pick up Mario, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania and Super Bomberman R (wife LOVES bomberman!).

So knowing that the Wii U version is same day release as switch version, I'll get it for Wii U, frame rate have never bother me that much in all the videos I saw honestly and the trailers yesterday had me wanting to know more of the story and everything!

Durante

Why cemu and not an actual wiiu?
I mean, if you are interested in zelda/nintendo games, why wait for an emulator when you can play it on the actual platform?
Because I'd rather play a game at 4k than 720p.

pRLP7F9.jpg

i'm buying a WiiU to play this game (and TMS,XCX), WiiU will be well within my budget unlike switch that is way too expensive and has no games until SMO comes out.
And to think i was so in for switch yesterday.

This might be my last Nintendo game for a good long time. Not only did the presentation not sell my on the Switch, it's making my question my love of Nintendo.

RK9039

Wii U version for me as well, only Nintendo game I'm interested at the moment.

Ed: I just read about cemu, wtf this changes everything. Buy it for the Wii U then try the pc emulated version.

Given that insane switch asking price. If i wouldn't have sold my wiiu, then without a doubt. Now it looks like i'll be spending €500 to play zelda.

Top Bottom