• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will buy Zelda BOTW WiiU ?

What system are you buying Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Switch just looks like an awful launch console. The idea of paying $300 just to play a slightly better version of the latest Zelda is just crazy.

The system might look a bit more interesting a year from now, but at the moment, it feels like a complete waste.

Yep, getting the Wii U version to play on my PC. If it doesn't run properly at launch, I'll just play it on my Wii U and do a second run later on CEMU.

MUnited83

For you.
Nope. I'll take the version that actually does the art justice.
The Wii U version emulates at 4k then :p
Yep, getting the Wii U version to play on my PC. If it doesn't run properly at launch, I'll just play it on my Wii U and do a second run later on CEMU.
its unlikely it will run well at launch (unless Nintendo brings out a demo before and devs can adjust the emulator based on that), but it should be playable in a couple of months considering how fast the emulator progresses.

I am currently on the fence, to be honest. I don't need to buy it on launch so I'll wait and see. Maybe I'll get both for my OCD tastes.

co1onel

I was planning on selling my Wii u and just getting a switch. But with zelda being the only switch title I want to play for several months out from launch, and it coming out on Wii u the same day, I see no reason to upgrade. It's not worth a modest bump in resolution.

GeeTeeCee

I am. Zelda was the only remotely interesting thing from the event last night for me, and I already own a console that can play it. I can live with it being the inferior version.

purdobol

That was the original plan all along.
Plan B was switch version if the launch line-up is strong enough.
But at this point it would be waste of money for me.

Already pre-ordered the Wii U version a few weeks agom

Guess I'm keeping it.

Not sure what they would need to have in the Switch version for me to justify paying £310 more.

I've been holding onto my Wii U since launch in anticipation of this game (though Wind Waker HD was a great tide-me-over). You'd better believe I'm getting on it here after this wait. I earned it!

I just hope there isn't a big gap in performance and visual effects.

jdstorm

Banned
At this point i will probably just buy Horizon or Mass Effect instead and wait for a price drop.

Which is sad considering i already own a WiiU and have 0 console barrier of entry

Burny

Probably double dipping. Wii U at launch. Switch version... whenever I get a Switch, which may not even be this or next year.

If CEMU could get to the point where it runs the game fluently at high resolutions, without sound hitches and ideally with a less bleached look of the visuals (All BotW footage, even direct feed screenshots looks a bit too washed out), that'd be great.

Luigiv

Cemu? Thank god for Cemu.

Cemu is still a year if not two or three away from being a viable alternative to the real thing.* Cemu's shader implementation is still incomplete and games are full of inaccuracies. Not to mention the Wii U version will be burdened with lower res textures that Cemu will not fix.

The best option right now is the Switch version, and then I'll play that version at 4K when the eventual Switch emulator drops.

*And before I get any "but progress has been so fast so far!" comments, never forget the 90:90 rule.

Nope. Zelda U was going to be a Wii U system seller for me. That ship sailed when it was announced as a concurrent Switch release. I'm not sure when I'll buy a Switch quite yet, but I think I'll probably jump on board next Black Friday presuming they release a Mario Kart 8 DLX Bundle for a decent price... And that's most likely when I'll pick up Zelda Switch.

ClearData

Cemu is still a year if not two or three away from being a viable alternative to the real thing.* Cemu's shader implementation is still incomplete and games are full of inaccuracies. Not to mention the Wii U version will be burdened with lower res textures that Cemu will not fix.

The best option right now is the Switch version, and then I'll play that version at 4K when the eventual Switch emulator drops.

*And before I get any "but progress has been so fast so far!" comments, never forget the 90:90 rule.

I'd imagine I'd wait less time for the Cemu emulator to run the game at better resolutions and frame rates since it is actually in development in the here and now then you would for a hypothetical Switch emulator that doesn't exist yet.

100% WiiU after Nintendo so thoroughly shat the bed last night with the Switch.

I haven't watched/read any of the announcement coverage yet...but is it really that bad? My main hesitation is the price point of $299 is too high for me without a pack-in game. So I'll wait until a bundle comes along at that price.

I'll be getting it on WiiU. I didn't think I would, but the price, lack of games and paid online really turned me off on the Switch. I'll just have to make do with 720p, framerate dips and possibly more pop-ins.

It's always been wiser to wait for a revision of Nintendo handhelds ever since the GBA anyway. I think they have tough days ahead of them with this thing but hopefully they can eventually turn it around like they did with the 3DS.

Luigiv

I'd imagine I'd wait less time for the Cemu emulator to run the game at better resolutions and frame rates since it is actually in development in the here and now then you would for a hypothetical Switch emulator that doesn't exist yet.

I can wait. It'll probably be a number years before I'll looking to replay the game anyway.

The Wii U version emulates at 4k then :p
its unlikely it will run well at launch (unless Nintendo brings out a demo before and devs can adjust the emulator based on that), but it should be playable in a couple of months considering how fast the emulator progresses.

I'm going to throw some money their way to help out.

RanoNL

I want to check the differences between the Switch and the Wii U versions. If it's a difference like Twilight Princess I will buy the Wii U version and postpone my Switch purchase. If the Switch version is waaaaaay better I'll buy the Switch and Zelda at launch.

Jobbs

Banned
I might. Switch has nothing else for me around launch and the presentation caused most of my interest to evaporate.

kitsuneyo

Me!

The Switch price is hilarious.

Seconded.

The Switch price is £100 more than I expected and about £80 more than I'm willing to pay. There aren't any other games I want to play at launch, so there's zero reason to pick up a Switch for Zelda when I can play it for £40 on my Wii U.

Baleoce

Based on the fact that the switch does not personally represent good value to me as a product from what I've been showed, this version is now very much on my radar.

Trago

I'll probably go with that option. Other than Zelda, there's really not much to look forward to on the Nintendo Switch in the months to come. Post launch is dry.

Atrophis

Yep. There is nothing in the launch or post launch lineup that I'm interested in until Mario and that's not coming until the end of the year.

J@hranimo

Banned
I can't believe I'm saying this, but....I'm going to get it on the Wii U.

Thought about it long and hard and cancelled my Switch and Zelda Preorder.

Edit: Thought about it again and got hype for the Switch, lol not a chance playing this on the Wii U. For those that do though, I understand.

T.O.P

Banned
I want to, but i ain't buying a Zelda machina which is what it looks like atm

Switch will be much more viable for me near the end of the year (lower prices as well)

Top Bottom