• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will buy Zelda BOTW WiiU ?

What system are you buying Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Burai

shitonmychest57
The Switch launch pricing and lineup is an absolute disaster. Like "We learned nothing from 3DS or Wii U" level of disaster.

I'm gonna wait for things to shake out first, so Wii U Zelda it is.

Raybunny

I will get it second hand for sure for WII U. The money I had for the switch will go for Yakuza, Nier, Horizon and some home furniture.

Definitely me. $99 for the Special Edition is way more worth it for me since I'm first and foremost a Zelda fanboy. On top of that 4K Cemu support just got added, so the emulation route is probably going to be viable in a few months making this game truly gorgeous to look at.

Jacknapes

I'm getting the WiiU version. Can't afford a Switch at the moment, especially at the price currently on offer. My WiiU is currently gathering dust, and if i got the Switch i can imagine it doing the same.

stalker

I have it preordered since months ago in amazon spain. I would buy it anyway regardless of how the Switch presentation had gone, as I bought Twilight Princess on Gamecube and later on Wii. But the information we got today makes this an even more clear decision. No Switch until the scenario improves (better price and mucho more games and announcements) and Zelda only on Wii U, for the moment.

The preorder is because I do not want to risk it with a situation as the one we had with Twilight Princess in Europe, where it was difficult to find the Gamecube version even after just 1 week.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Zelda BotW WiiU for me, I need to upgrade my PC some more, and I can set aside funds the rest of the year for a Switch for Xmas, with Mario. :)

Edit : And I still need to play through the original Xenoblade, I had mixed feelings for it despite loving XC on WiiU.

Social

Cemu people are dreaming. It won't be perfectly playable from start til finish anytime soon.

I'm getting it for wiiU too.

MUnited83

For you.
Cemu people are dreaming. It won't be perfectly playable from start til finish anytime soon.

I'm getting it for wiiU too.
Depends on what you consider anytime soon I guess. I can see it being playable from start to finish with some minor issues here and there in 4/5 months.

Cheebo

Banned
Why are people saying the Wii U one will be better?

Console mode Wii U is 720p for Zelda, 1080p for Switch.

Switch has much better specs, it will look better without question.

Why are people saying the Wii U one will be better?

Console mode Wii U is 720p for Zelda, 1080p for Switch.

Switch has much better specs, it will look better without question.

console mode Switch is 900p according to Nintendo reps at the preview event.

Zuzzissm0

Def on WiiU. Switch is way to expansive on launch in Europe with no content and i Dont care about Mario and the other stuff.

Cheebo

Banned
$300 better though?

Seeing how first few months of Switch's release we are getting must have games from Nintendo like Zelda, Arms, Mario Kart Deluxe, & Splatoon 2? I'd say fuck yeah it is.

Remember we still have no idea when the WiiU one is out, the Switch released is essentially a timed exclusive for who knows hows long.

jdmonmou

I'm not going to buy a Switch at launch and probably not ever. I want to see how much 3rd party support it receives before I buy one. I bought a Wii U and barely used it, so I definitely will be buying Zelda on it. I just hope it isn't poorly optimized on the Wii U.

dyergram

Definitely buying Zelda for the wiiu now I haven't even use my wiiu in over a year I've been holding onto to it with a view to trade in for a switch but I can't justify that price.

sublimit

Banned
Me.
Not enough launch games on the Switch that interest me (especially for that price).I expect i'll wait at least 1-2 years before i decide to jump in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Seeing how first few months of Switch's release we are getting must have games from Nintendo like Zelda, Arms, Mario Kart Deluxe, & Splatoon 2? I'd say fuck yeah it is.

Remember we still have no idea when the WiiU one is out, the Switch released is essentially a timed exclusive for who knows hows long.

It releases the same date.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yup WiiU for me.

I'll probably be picking up a Switch once Xenoblade 2 releases and we hear something about the next Animal Crossing.

Unless I get a source of income in the coming weeks, I have no choice but to go Wii u unless I can somehow wait.

But it's a console Zelda. That will likely be impossible

XanaviF30

Was planning to pick up both versions of game, but after the Switch reveal, I'm going to stick with the Wii U version for now.

I just did one of the craziest personal 180's on a console in my gaming life. I was hyped.....HYPED....for this thing, and Nintendo unraveled months of build-up in an hour. Actually they did it the moment they announced paid online in the first 5 minutes, because the pricing while higher than the heavily rumored $249, was still in the realm of what I was prepared to pay. But the paid online, the seemingly barren launch lineup, the accessory prices( $70 for a pro controller? $80 for a set of joy-cons? $90 for a dock???!! Are you shitting me, Nintendo?) and for the time being, I'm out. Definitely at launch and probably for 2017 period.

Anyways, I'll save any further Switch rant for another thread but YES, a resounding YES, in regards to the Wii U version as long as it's not completely butchered compared to the Switch version. Frankly, I want to take my Vita, Wii U, and 3DS and hug them lovingly for thinking Nintendo was going to blow those systems out of the water and make them expendable( and to be clear, all of those systems have/had their own issues). Hell, maybe it's an overreaction but right now, I couldn't be less interested in the Switch, at least until Mario comes and I'll take 'holiday 2017' with a grain of salt.

DNAbro

I can't justify a Switch at launch so Wii U version it is.

Maybe once Splatoon drops, I'll see what kind of financial situation I'm in.

Considering I bought the Wii U primarily for Zelda, i might as well use it for that reason.

Unless the differences are huge, just can't see myself picking up the Switch after that conference.

El-Suave

I'll probably get it on Wii U as well. The plan is to get the Switch either with Splatoon 2 or Mario Odyssey. Probably Splatoon though.

breakfuss

Sad to say but it's looking like I'll be getting it for Wii U as well. Completely underwhelmed with what I've seen of the Switch so far.

Yeah

I'm not getting switch until splatoon 2 after that disappointing launch line up
I can wait

Now it's just seeing when Zelda will launch for Wii u

NFX45

Neo Member
I am hesitant to swear off playing it on a Switch, but for right now I think if I do play it in the near future it will be on my Wii U.

opoth

Banned
No Switch for me for quite awhile, so I will enjoy the Wii U's swan song before it turns into purely an emulation box for me.

Top Bottom