• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who would win? Chimpanzee vs. Martial Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

What is it with Chimps and ripping off genitals? Why is that a thing? To suffer such a fate..I don't even want to think about it

Think about it. Out there it's survival of the fittest. The best way to ensure that you are the one that is going to fuck that other chimp is to take out your competition. Your competition can't fuck if you rip their dick and testicles off. With their grip strength, it must be quick to do and is an easy target.

Think about it. Out there it's survival of the fittest. The best way to ensure that you are the one that is going to fuck that other chimp is to take out your competition. Your competition can't fuck if you rip their dick and testicles off. With their grip strength, it must be quick to do and is an easy target.

What a cold, cruel world we live in...*shudders*

Vice

Go and watch some more Tyson/fight science to understand the forces involved. Unless that 150 pound chimp has a 3 inch thick skull, it's getting rocked and getting the fuck out of there. This leads me on to the next point, everyone talks about how super aggresive they are but when in a real fight, do they fight or fly? The videos I have seen such as the group attacks, the one on the end of a beating is getting the fuck out of there as opposed to trying to inflict damage.
The biggest danger in a chimp fight appears to be those razor sharp teeth. If you get knocked over, it's game over. The strength discussion is almost void imo. Chimps can't utilise that strength to deliver a powerful blow as they have no technique and result to girly slaps. Highlight a bone breaking blow such as a 1000+ lbs Tyson punch. Grip strength would come into it but I find it hard to imagine that this would come into play unless the human would get knocked down.

Also, LMAO at the mayweather no testicles comment. Bravo.

Chimps don't just slap though. They rip off fingers and hands. They crush bone.

I just want to pipe in for a bit here.

First of all, people really need to stop exaggerating the strength of chimps. The reliable data puts them at twice as strong as a human, pound for pound. That last part is very important. I means that a 250lb human that is a muscle-filled monster would be just as strong as the chimp.

Also, people are under-estimating how powerful humans can be. Yes, a chimp can break a bone, but so can gigantic fighters. Hell, people keep refering to that older woman getting her face mauled beyond recognition. A testament to a chimp's power, for sure. But, let's be honest, Alistair Overeem could've fucked her up just as badly if he was as uninhibited.

That being said, I do still give the edge to the chimp. It's almost impossible to put a hold on it. The though is asinine, as it would literally tear any limb you're try to use apart, something an MMA fighter can't do.

This, combined with its terrifying teeth and the lack of "button," would make for a very steep challenge for any human.

But I just wanted to pipe in, because people saying that chimps are 15x stronger than the biggest human and could rip an arm totally out of its socket are just making them into superheroes they're not. Yes, they can break bone and fingers off. Guys, humans can do this too.

The chimp is impressive enough without people exaggerating for them. It just makes the pre-chimp side (my side, to, once again, be clear) look like hyperbole-fuelled fanatics.

My 2c.

usea

I just want to pipe in for a bit here.

First of all, people really need to stop exaggerating the strength of chimps. The reliable data puts them at twice as strong as a human, pound for pound. That last part is very important. I means that a 250lb human that is a muscle-filled monster would be just as strong as the chimp.

Also, people are under-estimating how powerful humans can be. Yes, a chimp can break a bone, but so can gigantic fighters. Hell, people keep refering to that older woman getting her face mauled beyond recognition. A testament to a chimp's power, for sure. But, let's be honest, Alistair Overeem could've fucked her up just as badly if he was as uninhibited.

That being said, I do still give the edge to the chimp. It's almost impossible to put a hold on it. The though is asinine, as it would literally tear any limb you're try to use apart, something an MMA fighter can't do.

This, combined with its terrifying teeth and the lack of "button," would make for a very steep challenge for any human.

But I just wanted to pipe in, because people saying that chimps are 15x stronger than the biggest human and could rip an arm totally out of its socket are just making them into superheroes they're not. Yes, they can break bone and fingers off. Guys, humans can do this too.

The chimp is impressive enough without people exaggerating for them. It just makes the pre-chimp side (my side, to, once again, be clear) look like hyperbole-fuelled fanatics.

My 2c.
Clearly a chimp is threatening to rip your dick off if you don't post that.

Log4Girlz

The sharks would need to catch up to it. The Blue Whale is one of the fastest creatures in the water and can sustain high speed.

muddream

Banned
Here is 16yo Mike Tyson shadow boxing without gloves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccyxU2OEf_0 Idk, chimps are tough but just watch the vid and see if it changes your mind. I just don't see a chimp being able to comprehend what is going on with Tyson unleashing his fists like this.

None of those punches would've landed on a chimp, Mike would have to pray for a lucky uppercut. Boxing is useless here, the answer is Gracie Jiu Jitsu my friend! Those long Chimp arms are easy pickings in the guard of a man who wears a Gi and follows the Gracie Diet.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
None of those punches would've landed on a chimp, Mike would have to pray for a lucky uppercut. Boxing is useless here, the answer is Gracie Jiu Jitsu my friend! Those long Chimp arms are easy pickings in the guard of a man who wears a Gi and follows the Gracie Diet.

Gracie jiu-jitsu would be useless in this situation. Even Hoger says that 80% of BJJ is useless in an MMA situation. What you'd need here are some of those aggressive Sambo style subs. The same recklessness that exposed Fedor against the first two competent BJJ fighters he fought is what gave him his success in those situations that most resembled our chimp scenario: Choi Hong-man, Roid Rage Coleman, that bear in the pictures.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Also don't forget these, the chimp WILL use them, trust me I'm an expert.

chimpanzee.jpg

Drencrom

This thread is killing me at work

Anyway, I'd bet on the chimp. But I think if a martial artist in the vein of Bruce Lee somehow got a clean powerful kick to the head when the chimp pounce at him and the guy could follow it up with another good blow to head just as the chimp gets back up super fucking pissed he might have a chance. Unlikely but still.

diamount

Banned
You've gotta understand that humans are weaksauce in the strength department, even Olympian athletes would get their ass kicked by a chimp.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is killing me at work

Anyway, I'd bet on the chimp. But I think if a martial artist in the vein of Bruce Lee somehow got a clean powerful kick to the head when the chimp pounce at him and the guy could follow it up with another good blow to head just as the chimp gets back up super fucking pissed he might have a chance. Unlikely but still.

I agree I think if any human has the ability to phase a wild beast like a chimp with a strike it's gonna be someone who's light and quick and has put in a lot of effort choreographing their timing for that perfect shot.

As a 160lbs actor Bruce Lee fits the bill perfectly.

Go and watch some more Tyson/fight science to understand the forces involved. Unless that 150 pound chimp has a 3 inch thick skull, it's getting rocked and getting the fuck out of there. This leads me on to the next point, everyone talks about how super aggresive they are but when in a real fight, do they fight or fly? The videos I have seen such as the group attacks, the one on the end of a beating is getting the fuck out of there as opposed to trying to inflit damage.
The biggest danger in a chimp fight appears to be those razor sharp teeth. If you get knocked over, it's game over. The strength discussion is almost void imo. Chimps can't utilise that strength to deliver a powerful blow as they have no technique and result to girly slaps. Highlight a bone breaking blow such as a 1000+ lbs Tyson punch. Grip strength would come into it but I find it hard to imagine that this would come into play unless the human would get knocked down.

I don't get it. So a human can withstand the blows from Mike Tyson and even beat him but a chimp who is far stronger with a much thicker skull couldn't?

Chimps are stronger and faster than humans with the added advantage of razor sharp teeth and an incredibly thick skull.

About the only possible situation i see a human winning is if they somehow get off a cheap shot and poke the chimps eyes out or something. Conventional fighting is going to lead to death or dismemberment for the human imo.

I think a guy like Ernesto Hoost in his prime would have a decent shot.
But only because he would be able to kick with an tremendous amount of force.
Punching won't do shit.

Drencrom

I agree I think if any human has the ability to phase a wild beast like a chimp with a strike it's gonna be someone who's light and quick and has put in a lot of effort choreographing their timing for that perfect shot.

As a 160lbs actor Bruce Lee fits the bill perfectly.

Haha, you're probably right, it's not happening. I still think a fighter (with a greater physique than Bruce) that could clock the chimp at least twice with kicks at the start of the fight have a very slim chance of succeeding. Chimps may have a high pain threshold but they probably aren't resistant of being disoriented. I want to believe in the human potential!

Ash_69

I don't get it. So a human can withstand the blows from Mike Tyson and even beat him but a chimp who is far stronger with a much thicker skull couldn't?

Chimps are stronger and faster than humans with the added advantage of razor sharp teeth and an incredibly thick skull.

About the only possible situation i see a human winning is if they somehow get off a cheap shot and poke the chimps eyes out or something. Conventional fighting is going to lead to death or dismemberment for the human imo.

Erm, no gloves? HUGE DIFFERENCE. Kimbo slice straight wrecked guys bare fisted and he sucks in speed and power to a Tyson.

And Tyson ? Mike "I got knocked out by James 'Buster' Douglas" Tyson ? Really ?
let's not get crazy. Tyson had a shit ton of physical tools, but his head wasn't right (bipolar) and had a poor upbringing. If he could have been focused on boxing instead of being a piece of shit, raping women and blowing all his money, his career would have been a much different story. the guy was gifted.

Go and watch some more Tyson/fight science to understand the forces involved. Unless that 150 pound chimp has a 3 inch thick skull, it's getting rocked and getting the fuck out of there. This leads me on to the next point, everyone talks about how super aggresive they are but when in a real fight, do they fight or fly? The videos I have seen such as the group attacks, the one on the end of a beating is getting the fuck out of there as opposed to trying to inflict damage.

Also, LMAO at the mayweather no testicles comment. Bravo.

Well, they've got a smaller braincase and all that muscle surrounding the skull, soooo

MisterHero

This is basically a Batman VS Superman question.
One time the Justice League (except Batman and GL Kyle Rayner) got turned into gorillas and Superman and Aquaman started fighting over who got to mate with Wonder Woman. Green Lantern projected a giant squid to stop Aquaman, but Batman only had to stare down Superman.

He built his reputation by beating mostly no-name competitors and didn't have a particularly impressive knockout-rate if one takes a closer look. He was good, he was talented, but his noteworthy features were his strength and speed, both not particularly useful against chimps.

Could have, should have, would have. At the end of the day Douglas didn't just knock him out with a lucky punch but outboxed him. Who knows how Tyson would've fought against any of the "great" heavyweights after his prime ? We only know how he performed against them once it was over and he didn't perform particularly great against them (Holyfield/Lewis).

Frankly Tyson was overrated. He's one of the great ones, but he wouldn't beat a fucking chimpanzee.
he trained (when he did train at all) like dog shit post-prison. And his head wasn't right from the start. My point was just that me was a mental mess and had a ton of talent that wasn't fully realized.

I didn't say anything about tyson vs. chimp. The thread premise is pretty dumb

Arcteryx

Chimp. It would likely rip and/or bite your face off. What are you going to do? Punch it? Kick it? Put it in a choke hold? Please.

Heel

Royce Gracie proved it's not about size and strength, it's about technique. A chimpanzee has never trained a day of BJJ in its life. It may be an animal, but it needs blood pumping to its brain and oxygen flowing through its lungs to survive.

If 27x mundial champion Renato Laranja and a chimpanzee were both forced to wear muzzles, the chimp would get lapel choked. No doubt in my mind.

Human martial arts are based on techniques designed to take down human opponents - that's the fundamental flaw of all martial arts. In the time it takes for the martial artist to adapt his entire training for use on a short, squat, extremely powerful animal, the chimp is going to tear him asunder. Your friends are right, OP.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
How is this even a question? Anyone with any sense of logic based in reality knows the chimp would win.
This will never be done due to ethical reasons, but I would love a computer simulation of it.
1*0 = 0

you are 1 and 0 is the chimp.
Congrats, you both have just created a new episode of Deadliest Warriors.

This thread is hilarious though, thanks for the laughs GAF.

muddream

Banned
Royce Gracie proved it's not about size and strength, it's about technique. A chimpanzee has never trained a day of BJJ in its life. It may be an animal, but it needs blood pumping to its brain and oxygen flowing through its lungs to survive.

If 27x mundial champion Renato Laranja and a chimpanzee were both forced to wear muzzles, the chimp would get lapel choked. No doubt in my mind.

Let's be honest, who have chimps ever beaten? Zookeepers, hippies, old people and children...a trained killer who follows the Gracie Diet is an entirely different animal having transcended athleticism.

How is this even a question? Anyone with any sense of logic based in reality knows the chimp would win.Congrats, you both have just created a new episode of Deadliest Warriors.

This thread is hilarious though, thanks for the laughs GAF.

But your reality is skewed by popular opinion, which is why I started the thread in the first place, a sort of social experiment. An animal being wilder than us and stronger than us pound per pound just doesn't mean as much as you think.

I'll bet you there is a fighter out there that could take down 5 men coming at him...does he have 5 times the strength of a man? No. Does it matter? No. So just what reality do you live in?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Apparently we live in a world on two different axles. It's really not the matter of pure physical strength but a variety of factors including that fact, which put the chimp ahead.

1) The superior physical condition of the chimp in relative strength and agility has already been discussed at length. (+ C)

2) The wild and instinctual ferocity / no-holds-barred attitude of survival imprinted into the chimp versus a human male has been given as an example as well. But for the sake of the martial artist we will assume that both chimp and man know that this is a fight to the death, so just to be nice we'll pretend that they are even here. (/)

3) The greatest martial artists would only have ever train against other men. As far as I know none were ever let loose into the jungle to fight wild animals. That puts the chimp on a different level for that reason alone: martial arts were built for humans with the human body in mind. Not for fending off the attacks of wild beasts with sharp fangs, fierce agility and incredible brute strength. (+ C)

4) I just don't see a human man, no matter how heavily trained in martial arts, having the same durability of a chimp. These are creatures that fly into a powerful rage and are still built for rough and tumble tree climbing. I don't see it being beaten into submission by a kick or a punch. Whereas a nasty bite or ripping off any body part of the human is going to be a huge impairment to the martial artist. And all it takes is one grip to pull the human in. That is a small margin of error for the martial artist and a huge liability. (+ C)

5) All that I see the human having over the chimp is the intelligence and previously mentioned tactic of shutting down the chimp before it knew it was in for a fight. (+ H)

Tallying it up I just don't see how the martial artist would stand a chance in an all out, to the death, physical brawl if all other factors are even.

Shiv47

How about Mark Henry, or similarly strong wrestler, but he's undergone a procedure to deaden the pain center of his brain, so the biting won't bother him. He can then start working over the chimp after that first bite attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom