• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are Jack in the Box commercials so awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

anyone remember the commercial where he plays an action star and he's running around the corner with various partners? seems that commercial no longer exists D: anywhere..

TurtleSnatcher said:
Jack in The Box always has the most amazing commercials. No idea why but they are always so hilarious. I love their marketing. The newest one about the Bowl haircuts is the best. The end with Shaq is gold lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaWEhDkpGrw&feature=youtube_gdata

First off, that's not Shaq and the one where people walk up to him on the street and tear off their clothes was pretty lame in my opinion so there have been some misses.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The food is pure garbage, but goddamn do I not give a shit when I'm high or wasted....and the commercials are fucking gold.

Dali

The "poker face" one is pretty funny. I guess they've got to make up for the food's shortcomings somehow.

Acid08

Banned
They're $1 cheeseburgers are really good. Learned about them from the commercial. Really big for only a buck.

Cheerilee

Because they had a massive botchalism scare, and had to reinvent themselves to distract people, so they tossed a pile of money at an ad company that actually delivered something good for once (Jack), and have kept working to make that into their new identity.

I agree, they are some of the most entertaining commercials. One of the only fast food places I go to. Big Cheeseburger, Curly Fries, Spicy Crispy Chicken. I try not to go often, but when I do I usually enjoy it.

claviertekky said:
Jack in the Box food sucks.

I like it better than McD, BK, etc...

They've got the best variety. My biggest complaint is that it's a bit expensive for fast food, depending on what you order.

Their new smoothies are good.

clav

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I dunno... I had an Eggnog shake today from Jack and it was awesome.
Outlaw said:
No, you suck.
bigosc2k said:
Dude Jack in the Box is awesome, the ultimate cheeseburger is fucking awesome

I haven't had it for a long time, and the last time I went it was really bad. The food tasted terrible.

In-N-Out > Wendy's > McDonald's > Jack in the Box > Burger King

Death Dealer said:
I like it better than McD, BK, etc...

They've got the best variety. My biggest complaint is that it's a bit expensive for fast food, depending on what you order.

Their new smoothies are good.

If there's one in Illinois sometime and if I'm REALLY bored, maybe I'll stop by.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
You seriously thought that was shaq? wtf

CougRon

I love all the jack-in-the-box commercials. Does anyone know if there is a repository or archive of some sort that links to all or many of them, more or less in order? I'd love to go back and revisit them.

The restaurant is especially good late at night when almost nothing is open. My brother nicknamed it jack-in-the-crack back in college but it's a term of endearment, really.

Alphahawk

SolKane said:
sure you saw this in florida? we call that place checker's, not rally's.

I saw it in Florida for Checkers, but the only youtube I could find of it was for Rallys. But yeah there's one out there for Checkers...

Holy shit, I just found the voice behind Jack not only invented these commercials, but also the original energizer bunny commercials. Don Draper wishes he was this good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom