• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are Jack in the Box commercials so awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

First, not every food at Jack is good (fried mac n cheese didn't work out so well) but they have the single best fast food burger out there (Sirloin with Swiss and Grilled Onions). They also have the best variety of good foods. Their terriyaki bowls are awesome, the chicken fajita pita is great (and with numbers that are surprisingly good) the sirloin breakfast burrito will never be turned down...

That said, I've visited some Jacks outside of California, and they've largely been a disappointment. Maybe it's a case of 'too far from home' and that the farther they get from their headquarters, the worse they get.

Oh, and:
Jack>McD>Carl's>BK>Wendy's

In-n-Out is it's own thing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the best thing about Jack is the variety.
You have to know what is good and whats not, but there aren't many places you can get a burger, some tacos, a teriyaki bowl, stuffed friend jalepenos, churros, and a milkshake without even leaving your car.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
AMUSIX said:
First, not every food at Jack is good (fried mac n cheese didn't work out so well) but they have the single best fast food burger out there (Sirloin with Swiss and Grilled Onions). They also have the best variety of good foods. Their terriyaki bowls are awesome, the chicken fajita pita is great (and with numbers that are surprisingly good) the sirloin breakfast burrito will never be turned down...

That said, I've visited some Jacks outside of California, and they've largely been a disappointment. Maybe it's a case of 'too far from home' and that the farther they get from their headquarters, the worse they get.

Oh, and:
Jack>McD>Carl's>BK>Wendy's

In-n-Out is it's own thing.

Mc ahead of BK? :lol :lol :lol

I'll give Mc their fries over anyone every time but the rest.. :lol ?

Ulairi said:
crazy talk. they are awesome wrapped in awesome with awesome sauce.

One night a few years ago I was very, very hungry. I had slept through dinner, was living on campus without a car and had less than $5 to my name.

My friend drove us to Jack in the Box. I bought two cheapo tacos. I tried eating them twice, and I felt awful about wasting food, but ultimate I threw them away when I got back to my dorm room. I went to bed hungry.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Jack in the Box has been kind of a mixed bag the last 5 or so years. Their burgers used to be much better but then they did some kind of change and everything changed. The meat tasted different, the buns became shitty, they started putting ketchup (and sometimes mustard) on everything. They even changed their wrappers (prior to this the food came in like a foil-like paper wrapper).

The only thing that i still like from Jack are the bacon & cheddar potato wedges and their salads. And why the fuck did they get rid of their caesar salad? It was the best fast food salad by far. Their new sirloin burgers are ok though.

Number 2 said:
Jack in the Box has been kind of a mixed bag the last 5 or so years. Their burgers used to be much better but then they did some kind of change and everything changed. The meat tasted different, the buns became shitty, they started putting ketchup (and sometimes mustard) on everything. They even changed their wrappers (prior to this the food came in like a foil-like paper wrapper).

The only thing that i still like from Jack are the bacon & cheddar potato wedges and their salads. And why the fuck did they get rid of their caesar salad? It was the best fast food salad by far. Their new sirloin burgers are ok though.

I wish I was born before these burgers came out. look tasty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRqJjzLWA6Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG9Zj7FozXs&feature=related

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
perfectchaos007 said:

Oh christ.. and their bacon used to be different too. The bacon they use today is thicker but tastes nowhere near as good as it used to. They used to have this burger called the Bacon-Bacon Cheeseburger. It was like a Jumbo Jack but had like 5 strips of bacon and bacon bits in the sauce. So good.

diddlyD

Banned
i think a lot of jack in the box commercials are terrible. like the one where the dude is trying to get a free meal in the hotel from people's room service leftovers... it makes me want to vomit when he mixes up that cocktail. last thing i want to do after that is eat.

there was another one like this, but i can't remember its premise. it was equally disgusting. good job marketing geniuses at jack in the box.

I didn't really understand the "Worst Commercial I've ever been in" commercial. Does it make it funny that the chics offer to make out?

AMUSIX said:
First, not every food at Jack is good (fried mac n cheese didn't work out so well)....

Blasphemer. That shit was delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom