• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does Namco USA suck so much?

Hunter D

Beezy said:
...are you serious? Tekken Tag isn't even the best fighting game they made this gen.

Btw, I didn't even know about Venus & Braves before I read this thread. Now I'm pissed because I'll never get to play it. :(
I did put tekken 5 down you know. If you are going to say SC2 is the best fighter that Namco made this gen you would have to have a few screws loose. SC series was trash this gen.

RaijinFY

Error2k4 said:
seriously what gives?

if they dont butcher their games by censoring or editing the shit out of them for NO ****ing reason at all (see XS3 and all those Tales of games), they dont release the games here (see Venus and Braves)

yet how come crap like Death By Degrees makes it here? is there a company that's more clueless than this one? it really baffles me.

Im pretty mad I couldnt get to try Venus and Braves because they didnt released it here, I heard it's an excellent RPG.

IMO, the whole Namco becomes a whole mess...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bebpo said:
Worst company ever :(

Glad I play imports!

Word.

There's a collector's edition Venus And Braves sitting in my local store. Maybe I should pick it up. Always wanted to play it.

Shouta said:
This begs the question, "Why don't the Tales teams start integrating character development into the story?". The skits are where the personality comes out, the story should be where the development is like in Legendia, Destiny II, and Symphonia (more or less).

Oh and Namco sux.

It's a different kind of character development. Not the backstory kind, but the personality kind. For example, did you know the elemental spirits in Eternia are actually quite lively? They get special skits whenever you get a new one. It's pretty funny.

Eternia is the one im playing now so sorry for using it as an example again, but there are several hillarious scary story segments, which all end in Rid running away screaming.

It's mostly things like that, but it adds alot to the game as a whole. Something fun to break up the monotony, and get you more attatched to the characters.

FoneBone

While we're talking ****ed-up decisions, there was also their bizarre abandonment of GBA for two and a half years (mid-2002 to early 2005, I believe).

Error2k4 said:
yet how come crap like Death By Degrees makes it here? is there a company that's more clueless than this one? it really baffles me.

Here's a hint on what Namco Hometek thinks (if it can be called thought):

"Dur dur Tekken and Ridge Racer dur dur dur."

It hasn't been that bad honestly: I'm still surprised that there was ever an english release of Katamari Damacy.... and there isn't any censorship of the flagrant use (or rather abuse) of various mind-altering substances. Not to mention Nightmare of Druaga.

I guess they fired those guys.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Dragona Akehi said:
Here's a hint on what Namco Hometek thinks (if it can be called thought):

"Dur dur Tekken and Ridge Racer dur dur dur."

It hasn't been that bad honestly: I'm still surprised that there was ever an english release of Katamari Damacy.... and there isn't any censorship of the flagrant use (or rather abuse) of various mind-altering substances. Not to mention Nightmare of Druaga.

still... no V&B dragona :(

jarrod

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

Yep... that was part of Hometek's brief JP reorginization, when they saw Atlus USA banking on the niche market and wanted in. At least we got Klonoa 2 GBA and Mr Driller DS before it ended.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This thread made me get V&B. Got the Ltd Edition and the Ltd Edition of MGS1 for 4000 yen collectively (around $38 USD).

So far, V&B is ****ing sex. Error, do you want me to look for a copy for you? I found a few walkthroughs and story translations that would help you out.

Top Bottom