• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't they move E3 back to Atlanta?

ryutaro's mama said:
Furious, you are insane. Atlanta 97-98 were pretty cool. Sega party in 97, too cool! Maybe you don't get how to have a good time outside of the LA site.... ; )
Atlanta sucked on EVERY level. The attendance was at an all-time low and there was an obvious lack of enthusiasm from most publishers who had floor space. NO ONE wanted the show in Atlanta and some publishers even threatened to pull out of future E3s if the event were to remain in Atlanta. LA severely underbid to get E3 back and that is where the show will likely remain.

Teddman

How did E3 ever end up in Atlanta in the first place? It seems such a random city to choose after they'd already held it in L.A.

The size of the event sort of limited where it could be held and Atlanta simply outbid LA to host the event. It was a 2 year contract. Rumor has it that LA is only charging $1 to have LACC host the event now because of how much revenue the largest tradeshow event in the world generates.

Jeff-DSA

Mr_Furious said:
The size of the event sort of limited where it could be held and Atlanta simply outbid LA to host the event. It was a 2 year contract. Rumor has it that LA is only charging $1 to have LACC host the event now because of how much revenue the largest tradeshow event in the world generates.

Yeah, I've heard that is the case.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
teruterubozu said:
Yeah, if you want fucking bacon-wrapped E. coli dog that they serve out by the parking lot before Laker games.

Unfortunately, the $3 bacon-wrapped E. coli dog is more appetizing to me than the $8 fish taco, $8 pizza, or the $9 BBQ sandwich, which are your other 'gourmet' options among convention center food.

Edit: I forgot, another option is the catered half sandwich, which to me is repulsive. It reminds me of cellophane-wrapped airplane food. A catered hot plate is the best choice, if you can find it.

Ark-AMN

Banned
E3 usually provides lunch to the media. Though last year was insane, the lunches were all gone even before the lunch hour "officially" starts.

element

teruterubozu said:
Yeah, if you want fucking bacon-wrapped E. coli dog that they serve out by the parking lot before Laker games.
The Original Pantry is within walking distance, which is tasty. There is also a mall with a food court pretty close, maybe a 10 to 15 minute walk

Gio_CoD

Banned
LA probably is a better place than Atlanta for E3, but I don't get the ATL hate in this thread. Atlanta's an awesome place to live.

polg

element said:
The Original Pantry is within walking distance, which is tasty. There is also a mall with a food court pretty close, maybe a 10 to 15 minute walk

I think I only had time for a mountain dew one of the days... you don't take breaks at E3!

Top Bottom