• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why? Just Why? Metroid Other M hits Wii U VC tomorrow

8bf.gif

time to torture myself

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah... yeaaaahhhhh... Sure as hell wouldn't fix the dumb-as-fuck story or the fugly art design, but atleast it would be fun mechanically.

The art is okay, but yes. If it only used the Nunchuck the game would be fun mechanically. No help for the story though.

Er... because it is the 6th Metroid game to release for Wii U VC's supported platforms? Like, Metroid, Super Metroid, Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime Trilogy were already there. What else did you think was going to be next?

Kindekuma

Banned
$20?!
What a steal! My local walmart still stocks it for $49.99!

I fucking hate Other M. I hope the GC VC game rumor is true so we can get MP1 and 2 on there instead. Trilogy version is nice though.

KingBroly

Banned
Er... because it is the 6th Metroid game to release for Wii U VC's supported platforms? Like, Metroid, Super Metroid, Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime Trilogy were already there. What else did you think was going to be next?

They released Hunters on it

I'd rather they had put up Pinball

But it's more of a 'why would you bring back such awful memories, Nintendo?' thread title

tesqui

I've honestly always wanted to check this game out. Sure it's probably not a very good Metroid game, but it doesn't look like a bad game.

ChaosXVI

I hate it more and more as time goes on. Even if you remove the flaming trash that is the story, you're left with a mediocre game with wonky controls, Dreamcast textures, and level design that is miles beneath all 3 Prime games.

Nottle

This game is fine, though I bought it for 9 bucks.

You could spend the same amount of money and get 3 metroid prime games on the Wii U. Or you could buy super metroid, zero mission and fusion.

Eila

No reason to not put it there I guess but it's one of those rare cheap Nintendo published games. You an get a physical copy cheaper.

RK128

I'd rather play Sonic 06 again than Other M again

Honestly?

I feel the same even if Other M had fun (if mindless) core gameplay. It is so hard to just 'turn the story off' for me and enjoy the fun mindless combat. The story takes a decent game and cripples it.

Shame really, as if it had better level design and Nunchuck support, it would of at least been a good game with an awful story. But it is just a 'okay' game with one of the worst stories in gaming.

Madao

i'd rather have pinball but this is the last regular Metroid game they could release from the current VC platforms on Wii U (Metroid 2 is GB and there's no GB games on Wii U and FF is on 3DS)

it's so weird that almost every Metroid game is old enough to be on VC. there's only 1 that doesn't qualify by age.

Top Bottom