• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why? Just Why? Metroid Other M hits Wii U VC tomorrow

Christine

No reason to not put it there I guess but it's one of those rare cheap Nintendo published games. You an get a physical copy cheaper.

This pile of shit was $20 within weeks of release. It's a contender for worst ever price collapse of a Nintendo published title.

Malakai

Why couldn't Nintendo save this for the Switch VC? I mean they are saving everything else for the Switch why not the bad stuff as well?

RK128

Why couldn't Nintendo save this for the Switch VC? I mean they are saving everything else for the Switch why not the bad stuff as well?

Nah, they are just getting Other M 2 with more plot and dumb design choices for post-launch of the system.

I'm half joking of course but they really don't know what to do with Metroid, so you never know :l.

Eila

This pile of shit was $20 within weeks of release. It's a contender for worst ever price collapse of a Nintendo published title.

For a game that reviewed "well", probably.
I also bought the Animal Crossing game on Wii U just because it came with 2 amiibos and was so cheap.

At least Star Fox Zero had 2 games for the price of 1

Other M was like half a game for the price of 2

not true, MOM was also a hidden objects game
hhnI9dH.gif

Griss

Reminder that Team Ninja makes a series about ninjas in bikinis where the entire point is to oogle almost-naked women and that series is only about one tenth as sexist as Metroid Other M.

That one fact and the way it makes me smile at the absurdity of it all is the most enjoyment I get out of this rancid excuse for digital entertainment.

For only $20 you can relive this this Death of a Franchise! Watch in real time the character assassination of one of gaming's best female icons!

Er... because it is the 6th Metroid game to release for Wii U VC's supported platforms? Like, Metroid, Super Metroid, Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime Trilogy were already there. What else did you think was going to be next?

Wait, they haven't put Metroid Prime Hunters on the VC yet?

Shame, because it's a much better game than Other M.

Remember that you can donate 20 dollars to a charity of your choice instead of supporting franchise genocide.

yooooo

KingBroly

Banned
For only $20 you can relive this this Death of a Franchise! Watch in real time the character assassination of one of gaming's best female icons!

Wait, they haven't put Metroid Prime Hunters on the VC yet?

Shame, because it's a much better game than Other M.

yooooo

They put out Hunters. They haven't put out Pinball

Never played this, I always see critique about the story, but what's the gameplay like?

Depends on who you ask, but I though it was alright, if not a bit bland.

The only thing that really bothered me was the pixel-hunt nonsense.

RRockman

Banned
Ok. I'm psyched. I'm sick of people whining about this game and saying how bad it is. I've been dying to play this for myself and if I don't want to cut my hands off when I'm done then I'll be severely disappointed.

I know the plot is garbo tier but I really think this game had great gameplay ideas that could be learned from.

steveovig

They can release whatever crappy, overpriced Wii games they want, as long as they release other stuff alongside it, like FE:Shadow Dragon. I'm content this week.

I borrowed this game a few months ago from a friend.

Got an hour into and then put it down for ever. Even aside from the questionable narrative, the control scheme is so absurdly backwards it makes you scratch your head wondering what they hell they were thinking.

Randomizer

It's an OK game but from a series of almost exclusively specticular games I can see why many hate it. It's very polished with decent art, combat, graphics and sound design. The mainly linear progression and map design was a big departure for the series, much worse than Fusion. The awful story and horrendous characterisation of Samus was the game's biggest offence by far.

Sterok

Never properly experienced this, so maybe I'll bite. Or maybe I'll wait for the Switch release. In which case I'll wait for a discount. Assuming I still care to try this 3 years down the road when that happens.

I keep saying I'll actually play this someday, but it's difficult to get the motivation.

Astral Dog

Don't forget, Ridley being a Furby is canon now.
I thought that was ok, faaar from the worst story stuff in the game, im surprised the subtlety they went with that crazy concept because Ridley never spoke :O

As for the game, it should be $10 at most on VC, at that price its a joke.

Beth Cyra

Awesome. I really enjoyed Other M aside from a few story miss steps. Happy to have my two favorite Metroid games on Wii U VC.

I'll grabe it if they ever put it on sale for 10$.

Top Bottom