• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U defense force: Xbox 360 launch games looked like Xbox 1 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
This argument keeps popping up in every Wii U thread and it is getting a bit tiring.

Wii U launch titles do not look better than anything we have seen on PS360. Does this mean it is less powerful? Of course not.

But please stop bringing up this stupid argument (Wallguy, Xbox 1,5 memes etc.). Fact of the matter is that there was a visible generational leap which we are simply not seeing here. Blame Nintendo for deciding to not release any games showing off the hardware at launch. It simply leaves a lot of room for speculation. Kameo and PGR3 destroyed anything we had seen before. I don't think this thread even needs screenshots. If you owned a hdtv back in the day without being blind, it was more than obvious.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Weren't a good bunch of 360 launch titles actually uprezzed Xbox 1 games that were released simultaneously ? (Gun etc).

Or are you calling PDZ an Xbox 1 looking game ?

edit : This thread won't end well

*thanks frankie :p*

Weren't a good bunch of 360 launch titles actually uprezzed Xbox 1 games that were released simultaneously ? (Gun etc).

Or are you calling PDZ an Xbox 1 looking game ?

Kameo development started on Xbox 1, but the 360 version is hardly comparable and runs at a much higher resolution. = generational leap.
Gun looks crappy, but the resolution diference is still obvious.

Splinter: Chaos Theory looked better than almost all launch games. So much, that Microsoft wanted them to delay it and release it on the 360 instead. Or that was the rumor. Still, I thought Perfect Dark Zero looked great upon release. WiiU is not really showing me anything that makes me want a WiiU. I can wait.

DCharlie

Banned
I'm curious how many responses we can get on the first page where the response gives it away that the respondee didn't actually read the first post!

Petrichor

Really?

perfectdscr.jpg

ekim

Neogaf in a nutshell :
- tons of threads about the power of the WiiU
- tons of threads about how about a port/remake of/or %random jrpg% CXIIINEOLIGHTREDUXTRIGI-2 would save a system
- tons of hidden port begging threads

This didn't need a new thread.

I think you will find very few people who think the WiiU is just equal or worse to PS360, however Nintendo's challenge will be to convince PS360 users to upgrade to them in the interim before Orbis/Durango launch.

Until we have any indication that Orbis/Durango are anything but a good leap forward (and significantly more than WiiU) then the argument over the WiiU's capability will never go away.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

If only we spent the 8 hours staring at the walls and not suffering the horrible gameplay and character models.

The 360 launch had a couple of games that looked impressive (Kameo, PGR3), a couple that were Xbox games with some fancy shit tacked on (Amped 3, PDZ) and some ports that looked marginally better (if that) than their Xbox versions.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This argument keeps popping up in every Wii U thread and it is getting a bit tiring.

Wii U launch titles do not look better than anything we have seen on PS360. Does this mean it is less powerful? Of course not.

But please stop bringing up this stupid argument (Wallguy, Xbox 1,5 memes etc.). Fact of the matter is that there was a visible generational leap which we are simply not seeing here. Blame Nintendo for deciding to not release any games showing off the hardware at launch. It simply leaves a lot of room for speculation. Kameo and PGR3 destroyed anything we had seen before. I don't think this thread even needs screenshots. If you owned a hdtv back in the day without being blind, it was more than obvious.

Huh, I guess this is one of those things that you notice if you realllly want to. Because I don't get to see those opinions getting thrown around like hotcakes in WiiU threads.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Neogaf in a nutshell :
- tons of threads about the power of the WiiU
- tons of threads about how about a port/remake of/or %random jrpg% CXIIINEOLIGHTREDUXTRIGI-2 would save a system
- tons of hidden port begging threads

You still love it.

GavinGT

Banned
If only we spent the 8 hours staring at the walls and not suffering the horrible gameplay and character models.

The 360 launch had a couple of games that looked impressive (Kameo, PGR3), a couple that were Xbox games with some fancy shit tacked on (Amped 3, PDZ) and some ports that looked marginally better (if that) than their Xbox versions.

There were also some pretty sick floors to stare at.

a.k.a the "i am insecure about my buying decisions and in need to post pictures aof glossy walls and kameo thread"

If you don´t like the wii u just don´t buy it.

In other news: Apple says the new ipad has 2x the power! 2x of what? no one cares! wohoo specs! 2x!

Busty

Banned
*sigh*

But developers were just beginning to explore the then 'next gen' technology of the 360.

Nothing about the WiiU is next gen thus it's a technology that developers are familiar with and can readily exploit.

However I suspect that's not the answer some people want to hear.

Sheroking

Anyone who remembers the MTV unveiling that year, the response to it and the 360's launch knows that expectations were not met and that this very thing was said by fans and media alike.

This isn't something Nintendo fans just cooked up. Maybe revived, but not invented.

Margalis

Banned
Someone post a screenshot of the second screen of Kameo so we can compare it to the WiiU pad rendering of launch games.

I'll wait patiently.

Lol. Did we really need another thread for a dumb apples to oranges comparison when such comparisons already plague other threads?

Edit: Wait, I found one:

I dunno, looks a little low-res.

klier

Kameo and PGR3 destroyed anything we had seen before. I don't think this thread even needs screenshots. If you owned a hdtv back in the day without being blind, it was more than obvious.

I don' t think you have seen Kameo running on the orininal Xbox then? Apart from resolution, it's near identical.

DCharlie

Banned
Anyone who remembers the MTV unveiling that year, the response to it and the 360's launch knows that expectations were not met and that this very thing was said by fans and media alike.

This isn't something Nintendo fans just cooked up. Maybe revived, but not invented.

this is partly true - the expectation bar was being risen by the PS3 and it's mythical ability which, well.... we know how that worked out in the end.

The idea that "X360 games looked like Xbox 1 games" - i'm just curious who exactly is making those claims.

HOWEVER, again, i'd reiterate - a lot of people aren't reading the OP.

I don' t think you have seen Kameo running on the orininal Xbox then? Apart from resolution, it's near identical.

did anyone actually see it running? i assume from the response you did? I'd be interested in seeing certain segments run on the Xbox 1 for sure.

Nibel

I was part of the first Wii U speculation threads which popped up around its reveal - I'm waiting for this thing since day one actually

But fuck me, stop these Wii U threads, especially when OP uses his subjective observation as source and foundation for discussion

And if you compare the leap between Wii and Wii U, the leap is even bigger than between Xbox and 360, but yeah, burn this thread

klier

Well ok there is a difference but it isn't huge imo.
Either way, the leap from launch games to games like Assasins Creed 3 is huge, on 360. And the same will apply to Wii U

Taker666

Huh, I guess this is one of those things that you notice if you realllly want to. Because I don't get to see those opinions getting thrown around like hotcakes in WiiU threads.

I thought the same.

The only time I've ever noticed someone saying it was in the last couple of days..and I've probably looked at every Wii U thread since it was announced. :/

This thread makes a far bigger issue out of it than any Wii U thread has.

Sid

Which ones? And why does this need a new thread? And next time, some better wording please?

No offense, but that sounds like a teenager talking.
Show me ONE launch racing/3d game on the wiiu which demonstrates the leap as seen from pgr2->pgr3 or even kameo xbox->kameo 360.

DCharlie

Banned
Well ok there is a difference it it isn't huge imo

let's clarify your statement : Did YOU see Kameo running on Xbox 1?

edit : Nevermind - looked up!

Yeah , game looks good for an Xbox 1 game, no doubt, but the X360 version drops trou and curls one off into it's filthy opening mouth.

Kouriozan

I was part of the first Wii U speculation threads which popped up around its reveal - I'm waiting for this thing since day one actually

But fuck me, stop these Wii U threads, especially when OP uses his subjective observation as source and foundation for discussion

I agree. It's just a thread where people can flame others.

Oersted

Show me ONE launch racing/3d game on the wiiu which demonstrates the leap as seen from pgr2->pgr3 or even kameo xbox->kameo 360.

Did you even read what I wrote? I was talking about the threads he was referring to, nothing else.

As expected, this thread turns into flame-wars.

meppi

stupid thread is stupid.

A better way to avoid all this nonsense would be to post: hey SDF, stay the fuck out of Nintendo threads as you only enter to shit them up anyway.

Donnie

An entire thread posted to defend the honour of someone's favourite console launch games, defence force indeed.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom