• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nintendo can add a +1 to Child of Light sales for the Wii U from me.

Now I just have to figure out if I'm gonna get Shovel Knight on the Wii U or 3ds. Fucking Nintendo needs a cross buy situation so badly.

Roo

Update

- Added Sonic Boom (probably the third Sonic game from the deal)

sbooms1jew.jpg

Polygon published an article stating it is indeed the third exclusive Sonic game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd add also lego movie, OP, considering that is out in few days. good job with sonic!
I think that wiiu will still get disney infinity 2 and skylander 4 at least...let's see!

Sendou

Yes.

And we'll probably get the "true" Sonic in 2015 (multiplatform), because this is a spin-off.

Yeah well Sonic Team has to be working on something and I don't think there is any reason to believe it wouldn't be coming to Wii U. I don't know which one I should be looking forward more to. At least I'm willing to give this new team a chance. Trailer didn't look that bad even if the designs made me laugh.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah well Sonic Team has to be working on something and I don't think there is any reason to believe it wouldn't be coming to Wii U. I don't know which one I should be looking forward more to. At least I'm willing to give this new team a chance. Trailer didn't look that bad even if the designs made me laugh.

I like the different approach to the franchise.
boom reminds me about adventures..
I hope the 15 game will be similar to generations, having lost world a colors vibe.
btw, I think that the 15 sonic game will be also for wiiu, even if multiplatform

Roo

You say that, but i haven't been this interested in a sonic game, since adventures. Maybe i just feel the formula needs a shake-up.

The game looks solid and I'm in for a shake up. Even it looks great graphically.
But the character design, at least to me, is hideous.

prag16

Banned
I'd add also lego movie, OP, considering that is out in few days. good job with sonic!
I think that wiiu will still get disney infinity 2 and skylander 4 at least...let's see!

Those should be a lock. But outside of that... MAAAAYBE one more CoD game. AC5 and Arkham Next seem unlikely. :(

You say that, but i haven't been this interested in a sonic game, since adventures. Maybe i just feel the formula needs a shake-up.

Yeah, I kind of agree. Seems like gaf consensus is that this looks like dog shit mainly due to character design, but personally, at first glance it looks more intriguing to me than any Sonic game in the past decade or so. We'll see how it pans out.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The game looks solid and I'm in for a shake up. Even it looks great graphically.

knuckles is horrid, and so are sonic's legs, but ingame footage seems very good, also for sonic

Those should be a lock. But outside of that... MAAAAYBE one more CoD game. AC5 and Arkham Next seem unlikely. :(

well, disney infinity was leaked before official confirmation that arrived today, and was listed also for wiiu. in the end, it sold decently on wiiu.
similar for skylander, and I think that acti will not skip the franchise this year.
CoD will probably be stealth announced few weeks before releaee lol!
batman arkham is rumored to come to wiiu too, not by rocksteady.
ac don't know, but don't look at watchdog issues to keep the wiiu out. that game is in trouble as a franchise, unlike acreed

sonto340

Those should be a lock. But outside of that... MAAAAYBE one more CoD game. AC5 and Arkham Next seem unlikely. :(.

If the next few CoD games don't come out on WiiU i will cry. Splitscreen in CoD on the Gamepad/TV is the hidden secret selling power of the WiiU
I've sold two friends on a WiiU by showing them Splitscreen CoD alone, it just instantly gets the point across,

For you and other Wii U owners anxiously waiting for Mario Kart 8 as your next co-op experience, I urge you to check out the quite recently released F1 Race Stars Powered Up Edition available on the E-shop (though disc-based versions are also available on PS3 and 360).

I saw that the other day on the eShop, but I just whizzed right past it. I'll look at it some tonight then, thanks.

For you and other Wii U owners anxiously waiting for Mario Kart 8 as your next co-op experience, I urge you to check out the quite recently released F1 Race Stars Powered Up Edition available on the E-shop (though disc-based versions are also available on PS3 and 360).

I'm not buying a kart racer in 2014 that doesn't have online play. Codemasters should be ashamed of themselves.

imae

Those sonic/knuckles models do look very strange in the pre-rendered(?) portions of the trailer, but i think during gameplay the characters will look fine, i can see what they are going for. The game has good potential imo, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

On an unrelated note, i noticed Amazon UK changed the cover art for Bayonetta 2... but it's not official art, it's just some fan cover made after e3 last year using a bayo1 asset. Got me a little excited though!

Roo

I too made a tread about the game some time ago, because the game deserves the attention of actual racing fans (and not necessarily mascot fans).

I watched some gameplay and I'm going to be very upset if this game beats Mario Kart 8 in the sound and effects department.
That thunderbolt effect and sound... wow.
Too bad for lack of online, it would be great.

Sonics nose seems too small, and im not sure about his scarf. Amy and tails looks good. Knuckles is growing on me(literally, as well).

I just dont understand the hard negative feedback. Maybe because its a Wii U exclusive? Besides the character models, everything else about the game looks promising.

Big Red Button is developing it. Would anyone know if they would be considered the most talented devs to work on a Sonic game? I dont know their history, but if that is the case, i wouldnt let character models decide the game for me.

What i saw, as far the game itself, it looks promising. Though, they were just short clips, so you never know.

That knuckles picture gives some ratchet and clank vibes. Giving a sonic game more slowed down, in depth combat, while maintaining a sense of speed with elements from its traditional platforming roots, on top of it being open world exploration, could make up a good Sonic game.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Update

- Added Sonic Boom (probably the third Sonic game from the deal)

sbooms1jew.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for being so prompt =). Btw, is there any reason the Lego Movie video game isn't on the list? It is releasing tomorrow right? Also, does it make sense to list games that GAF might not recommend explicitly in a "other games" category or something below recommendations? Wii Fit U & Wii Party U for example aren't listed there.

Big Red Button is developing it. Would anyone know if they would be considered the most talented devs to work on a Sonic game? I dont know their history, but if that is the case, i wouldnt let character models decide the game for me.
Big Red Button consists of folks from Naughty Dog apparently. That's why you're getting the Crash and Jak & Daxter vibes. Sanzaru (the devs for the 3DS game) developed the latest Sly Cooper game on PS3 and Vita.

Thores

Called Sonic Boom back in November:

Some possible Wii U games that aren't officially revealed yet, but may be on the horizon next year:

The Third Sonic Wii U Game- When Sonic Lost World was announced, Sega revealed that it was part of a deal with Nintendo to release three Sonic games that were Wii U exclusives. Sonic Lost World was the first, Mario and Sonic 2014 was the second... but we don't know what the third one is yet. A new Sonic racing game is possible but it releasing the same year as a new Mario Kart doesn't seem like the smartest or most likely decision. It's easy to dream of something crazy like a true Sonic/Mario crossover or Sonic Adventure 3, but my guess is that it's a video game tie-in for Sonic Boom.

Glass Joe

Maybe he looked at the OP

Maybe he should spend more time looking at the Neogaf mission statement instead:

NeoGAF said:
NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

There's a big difference between expressing frustration with a console and blatently trolling the company and its supporters for lols.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Also, is there any reason we aren't listing Japanese only titles? I thought we do have some folks that live in Japan.

For Japan, there's Puyo Puyo Tetris releasing today or so.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Those people obviously don't know Nintendo or Sega.

I don't believe there are any Japan only WiiU games (besides DQX).

Well I posted about Puyo Puyo above. In addition there's Taiko Wii U (which came out in Nov last year) and Monster Hunter Frontier G (which it seems nobody likes).

Riki

Well I posted about Puyo Puyo above. In addition there's Taiko Wii U (which came out in Nov last year) and Monster Hunter Frontier G (which it seems nobody likes).

Ah, I forgot about those.
I really wish Puyo Puyo would come out here. MHFG is really not good (rather, you should hope 4 gets a WiiU version like 3). Taiko, I think still has a chance.

Ah, I forgot about those.
I really wish Puyo Puyo would come out here. MHFG is really not good (rather, you should hope 4 gets a WiiU version like 3). Taiko, I think still has a chance.

If were talking exclusive Japanese only wii u releases there was Yakuza 1+2 as well

Glass Joe

If were talking exclusive Japanese only wii u releases there was Yakuza 1+2 as well

They should really put that out on the eShop worldwide. The originals were translated so that expense should be a non-issue. All the grunt work is already done, and there's probably a broader audience for the title than they realize in EU/US anyhow. If I recall correctly, they said it was an experiment. May as well finish the experiment, IMO.

jmizzal

where's a damn nintendo direct?! it's been too long since i've seen any footage of X

I think they have gone back to the main Nintendo Directs every other month, so we had it in Dec. so one should be this month Feb., then April and then June right before E3

This month I think they will wanna talk about Sonic Boom, a new Mario Kart 8 trailer with the May date in it, and few other stuff

Top Bottom